• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So if I already own EU3 complete, could I buy EU3 HTTT and then buy EU3 Divine wind and install both over EU3 Complete?

I would just buy EU3 Chronicles, but it is $10 extra than just buying the expansion packs over EU3 complete (which I already own).

EDIT: Also, could an amazon download version work with a gamestop download version, and other variations like that?

Last edited:
I have a bunch of overseas provinces and I'm wondering if I built production buildings would I still get that boost added to my tariff income? If not, what buildings should I build. Also, is trade and tariff income the same? Thanks.

So if I already own EU3 complete, could I buy EU3 HTTT and then buy EU3 Divine wind and install both over EU3 Complete?

I would just buy EU3 Chronicles, but it is $10 extra than just buying the expansion packs over EU3 complete (which I already own).

EDIT: Also, could an amazon download version work with a gamestop download version, and other variations like that?
You'd have to verify with the distributor you want to buy the expansions from. In many/most cases you need to buy from the same source you got the base game from because they each use their own installers and their own registry entries to detect whether and where you have the game installed. One definite exception is that GamersGate versions of the expansions will install fine over a Paradox-published hardcopy version of the base game.

You'd have to verify with the distributor you want to buy the expansions from. In many/most cases you need to buy from the same source you got the base game from because they each use their own installers and their own registry entries to detect whether and where you have the game installed. One definite exception is that GamersGate versions of the expansions will install fine over a Paradox-published hardcopy version of the base game.

Thank you!

Based on this, I decided to just buy EU3 Chronicles as it has everything involved, even though it is $10 more. And the money is going for a good cause. ;)

Ok here comes a very STUPID question.

I recently got EUIII and I was reading some AARs and I got to see this cool map view:
Example (from one AAR):
http://titaniumspork.org/paradox/saruhan_aar/1485_2.jpg

It seems like political map mode un-zoomed but the when I try I just can see the red-colored borders between nations and no cool names :p

Ps: I'm using EUIII: IN

I think you need Divine Wind to see the cool names.

I am currently playing as the Teutonic Order, getting up towards 1500 and Reformation territory.

I want to become Prussia eventually, but was wanting to know when is the optimum time for converting to Protestantism? Should I wait until a good chunk of my provinces have converted on their own or should I just switch when the option becomes available and then send in the missionaries to convert ASAP?

I know you get rebellions and low-income modifiers for having different religion provinces, so I don't wanna shoot myself in the foot by being too hasty. Also, I have most of northern Germany as vassals - converting will obviously muck up relations, but I suppose that comes with the territory, and is unavoidable.

Cheers in advance for any advice.

I am currently playing as the Teutonic Order, getting up towards 1500 and Reformation territory.

I want to become Prussia eventually, but was wanting to know when is the optimum time for converting to Protestantism? Should I wait until a good chunk of my provinces have converted on their own or should I just switch when the option becomes available and then send in the missionaries to convert ASAP?

I know you get rebellions and low-income modifiers for having different religion provinces, so I don't wanna shoot myself in the foot by being too hasty. Also, I have most of northern Germany as vassals - converting will obviously muck up relations, but I suppose that comes with the territory, and is unavoidable.

Cheers in advance for any advice.

Converting to another religion (usually) won't cause a massive rebellion on day one -- if you're worried about that, scratch it off the list. You will have to reestablish alliances with your vassals if they're different religion.

I don't know everything about your situation, but in my experience, forming Prussia is much more important than the conversion, especially if you plan on going Germany at some point. The sooner you convert, the better.

Is there a way to see if an Imperial Reform will pass before you ask every member to vote on it?

Nope, unfortunately not.

Quick question: Is there any way to accelerate another country's PU being broken up? Austria's been holding onto Tuscany for damn ages, and it's the last piece I need to form Italy.

You could smack around Austria a bit, and reduce her prestige. Other than that, no, not really.

Ok, two beginners questions:

1. If I I have a Royal Marriage with someone and send a diplomat to "Claim Throne", do I gain anything else aside a temporary casus belli? Of How long the CB is?

2. What are the advantages of having a PU with some other nation? Do I get them randomly?

Ok, two beginners questions:

1. If I I have a Royal Marriage with someone and send a diplomat to "Claim Throne", do I gain anything else aside a temporary casus belli? Of How long the CB is?

2. What are the advantages of having a PU with some other nation? Do I get them randomly?

1. There is a chance -- a small one, but a chance -- of getting the PU peacefully. The CB is good for one year, if memory serves.

2. They're like vassals -- you get half their income, they automatically honor your alliances -- with a chance to inherit them. If you inherit them, you gain all of their provinces for zero infamy, plus, if they're in your culture group or in the HRE, you get free cores as well. Inheritance is nearly impossible to predict.

PU's are pretty much a vassalage that can result in an inheritance with a free core (provided your prestige is higher, your relations are good, and you outnumber their military.) Of course, it's not all bad if, say, you are tiny little Saxe-Lauenburg and you inherit Austria. They will hate your guts the whole time, but you can use them to bully around whomever until your king croaks and the PU breaks.