• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
-Once I as Aragon with an army of 35000 lost to the mamluks with two armies of 12000 separeted, with less WE, more morale and morale stability. I reloaded several times, and it happened again, How could be this possible?
-In the early game, how can I prevent Inflation, apart form National Ban
-How can I cheat when it comes to disband rebellions, I sometimes have SO MANY of them?
-is it true that when reloading you are more lucky?

I heard something about max war exhaustion. What is the max war exhaustion?

Also if I have max war exhaustion will raising war taxes add anymore rebellion risk?

1. can a country only have one unique building at a time?

2. in a war, who are allowed to call allies and who are not? I garenteed independence of a native because I had many vassals and powerful allly. but when France attacked the native, I couldn't get my allies using call for arms.

1. How do i edit the files so that i can demand the enemy's capital at all times? I know it's possible if you already have a core on the province for example, so it must be possible to extend that to everything.

-Once I as Aragon with an army of 35000 lost to the mamluks with two armies of 12000 separeted, with less WE, more morale and morale stability. I reloaded several times, and it happened again, How could be this possible?
-In the early game, how can I prevent Inflation, apart form National Ban
-How can I cheat when it comes to disband rebellions, I sometimes have SO MANY of them?
-is it true that when reloading you are more lucky?

-Maybe high terrain penalties, and/or better dice rolls and generals for them. Less likely is tech advantage and better troop types for them.
-Aside from managing your money, if you have HTTT going Centralized and hiring Master of the Mint advisors helps.
-Open console, "tag REB" disband the armies, "tag (your country's tag)"
-Doubt it.

@ Eduhum - you've neglected to mention three important things. Leader abilities, terrain modifiers, and discipline.

FOUR! Four important things! Leader abilities, terrain modifiers, discipline, and land tech level.

Five! Amongst various other things that affect combat, are such diverse elements as Leadership abilities, terrain modifiers, discipline, land tech and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

A shock 3+ leader can overcome almost all terrain penalties (fire is only for naval warfare in the early game). The attacker may (percentage chance based on the province terrain types) draw a penalty for crossing a river, or fighting in forests, jungles, hills, and mountains. Discipline is one of those things that you don't need until you don't have it. Your slider position (offensive/defensive I believe?) gives a bonus/penalty to your discipline score, which can further benefit from an advisor or a National Idea. Discipline is one of those factors that you won't notice until you get seriously outclassed. Say... 96% versus 112% or more. Land tech implies better fighting, but you really notice the difference if you are 6 or less fighting a 7. Land tech 7 is not just better fighting, but better morale too. The best mix is high tech, discipline, and leadership skills; while keeping regiment strength and morale up.

But if you really want to know whats going on with Ye Olds FREAKING Horde. Load your save game, but start as the Horde instead of Aragon.

You've got rebellions? Check this.
I'm Makassar. Three province island, but only one populated and I don't have the tech to colonize yet. I had my W.E. sky high. When there was only a 4% chance of Pretender revolt in Makassar, 8 Pretender regiments spawned in the capitol province. My force limit is 6. I wrangled a merc unit and engaged with 7 regiments and a very good shock leader (badly needed because I get -2 jungle penalty). Then, while I'm fighting, another 8 Pretender regiments spawn in the same province. [4% chance!] I lost the battle, naturally. That was my last chance. With that province captured I have to do amphibious landing on high-attrition uncolonized jungle, and then trot over to engage - if there was a prayer of finding 14 regiments. So the Pretender takes over, -26 prestige, and my bestest ally sends my back-to-back CtA's with no causus belli. Both of them a -26 prestige or -2 stab sandwich. So I took the stab hits, he's bigger than me. Then these wars caused ANOTHER double Pretender spawn.

I heard something about max war exhaustion. What is the max war exhaustion?

Also if I have max war exhaustion will raising war taxes add anymore rebellion risk?

It deppends on your goverment system, the leader you have at that moment and in the laws you create. You can see it in the same place where you control de military budget and the type of units for your army. If its in red bad thing and if its in orange you should stop the war asap. Yes war taxes increases the war exhaustion. You can check what increases war exhaustion and what reduces it, and you will see how much war taxes increases war exhaustion. Also, you will see that points in war exhaustion increases the cost of troops, the speed they are created or your army is reinforced and the rebellion risk by 1% per war exhaustion point.

So dont use war taxes everytime and rest between a war and another.
1. can a country only have one unique building at a time?

2. in a war, who are allowed to call allies and who are not? I garenteed independence of a native because I had many vassals and powerful allly. but when France attacked the native, I couldn't get my allies using call for arms.

No, you can have as many as you can build.

2. If you garentee the independence you are basicaly defending that country against everyone so you are the ally of that country. Your allies DONT defend that country, only you, and in DW i think you can "Call to arms" to your allies. They are only supossed to help you in a war declared by you ( helps if you have CB) and if you defend from another country attack ( Also deppends if your allies help you, they may not).

I always get my butt kicked, and restart before I get to unique buildings.

OK.Your vassal just got a DOW. Here is what happens. Since the vassal is technically allied to you, you get a CtA. If you just accept the CtA, no other CtA's go out. Here's where the game version makes a difference. In lower versions, nothing happens. In HttT and DW, your allies get a non-CtA message that they have a (non-binding!) opportunity to declare war on your enemy because of your alliance. Since they have no penalty for not coming to your aid... it could go either way, depends how those allies were behaving.

Now, here's how to get all your allies in on the party. When you get the CtA, send an independent declaration of war - then accept the CtA (shouldn't matter, but go through the motions). This works out better for a lot of reasons. First of all, all of your allies do get a binding CtA. Secondly, lets say the country that got DoW was not your vassal. If you answer a CtA and become a junior partner in a war, the leader on your side can make a fantastic peace deal and cut you out completely (I can't count how often that happened to me). With a separate DoW, you get peace on your terms regardless of what they do - but its good policy to work fast and try to get the best deal you can before they bail out on you.

Ok, but what if your war exhaustion is maxxed and you use wartaxes? Will it make the situation any worse?

Also, any idea what would cause my troop maintenance costs to rise from .36 a calv -> .52 without any change in government. My war exhaustion is 1.7 and my inflation is 13. I am not over troop limit either.

thanks guys :)

one quick quesiton for DW, I'm using my own mod and the game crashes in loading screen's "loading history" everytime I start as Russia after 1789(last campaign). The modding had nothing to do with Russia so I'm wondering if vanilla DW user is experiencing the same problem? Could anybody who has their DW running now check if their game crashes too when choosing Russia in 1789, French Revolution campaign?

In my game I am finally turning around from the bad move of taking too many HRE provinces too fast with a poor ruler for diplomacy. My infamy started at 12 after 2 wars but recently rose to a peak of 24.8 before I managed to core 2 provinces and now it is slowly going down. My infamy is still a bane though, I wish it would go down faster.

My question is that Aragon has recently annexed Aquilania right next to me. When it was Aquilania it was considered HRE territory and thus my infamy would increase every month until it was cored. As Aragon is not a member of the HRE if I was to take those provinces would I suffer no monthly infamy penalty or will I still get it as the land was originally HRE property?

My question is that Aragon has recently annexed Aquilania right next to me. When it was Aquilania it was considered HRE territory and thus my infamy would increase every month until it was cored. As Aragon is not a member of the HRE if I was to take those provinces would I suffer no monthly infamy penalty or will I still get it as the land was originally HRE property?

This might have changed in DW, but before that if you took a HRE province from a non-HRE nation you would gain a core on it. Only one core per peace treaty, though. In the future, you can click the crown symbol next to the map to see whether a province is a part of the Empire.

This might have changed in DW, but before that if you took a HRE province from a non-HRE nation you would gain a core on it. Only one core per peace treaty, though. In the future, you can click the crown symbol next to the map to see whether a province is a part of the Empire.

I have HTTT. It says on the Imperial map that the provinces are still part of the HRE so your saying that I will get a core straight away if I take 1 of the 2 provinces in a peace settlement, excellent. Saying that just taking those 2 provinces may not be enough warscore for Aragon to want peace and I don't know if I fancy such a long range war, especially when all of their homeland provinces have such horrible modifiers if you have to attack an Aragonese army in one.

I have HTTT. It says on the Imperial map that the provinces are still part of the HRE so your saying that I will get a core straight away if I take 1 of the 2 provinces in a peace settlement, excellent. Saying that just taking those 2 provinces may not be enough warscore for Aragon to want peace and I don't know if I fancy such a long range war, especially when all of their homeland provinces have such horrible modifiers if you have to attack an Aragonese army in one.

Well, if you can hold those provinces and squash whatever Aragon send your way, their WE will rise and thus their WC will fall encouraging other nation to attack them and even if nobody does, they will probably give up after a while once their Revolt Risk goes through the roof due to the insane WE and let you taike the provinces. Just make sure that you do not suffer attrition if you don't want to suffer near constant revolts.

This method is particulary usefull against naval island nations with huge navy (looking at you ENG/GBR/DAN/JPN) since it can be very costly and frustrating to land troops on their mailand.

Last edited:
as holland i cant colonise azores but can colonise bermuda and bahamas which are further ? What is the problem ? All are empty as well.

Trade winds, if you have DW or HTTT look at the Colonial Mapmode it will tell you your colonial range. Trade wind kind of give a bonus to your range in the direction of the wind. This was implemented to help make colonialism more realistic (Wheter or not it worked is open to debate).

Also it is possible another power was in the process of colonizing the province, thus preventing you to do the same.

2. in a war, who are allowed to call allies and who are not?

Only the alliance leader can send their allies call to arms.

Also, any idea what would cause my troop maintenance costs to rise from .36 a calv -> .52 without any change in government. My war exhaustion is 1.7 and my inflation is 13. I am not over troop limit either.

Force limits falling? Inflation rising? A rise in your Cav:Inf or Art:Inf ratio? National decision raising land regiment costs?

as holland i cant colonise azores but can colonise bermuda and bahamas which are further ? What is the problem ? All are empty as well.

It has nothing to do with trade winds. Just clear your map cache and the naval ranges will return to normal.