• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An army which has very reasonable chances of triggering a Native Assimilation, which, if I recall correctly, has a chance to add +1 base tax and it adds population to your colony (saving you precious colonists). Of course, a stationed ship in the colony will also do the trick.

This. I really love that boats will trigger the events without the chance to activate and subsequently kill the natives when entering the province.

1) After the Holy War casus belli ends in 1650, with its nice 25% infamy cost on annexation and conquer of any provinces, which are the other nice CB's to use afterwards?

I have seen there is the NI 'Revolution and Counterrevolution' that allows you to continue warmongering against republics/monarchies when you are the opposite for 25% infamy annexation and conquer of any provinces... But it makes you wait for Government tech of 53, so I wonder if there are other nice options in between.

2) I have the option to turn my Empire to an Administrative Monarchy, that looks much better, but what I know from the wiki is that I would lose the Holy War CB unless I am the Defender of the Faith, there's a crusade or I am bordering that country. Are there other benefits and/or disadvantages on each kind of government? And most importantly: Which would be the best path to take to be switching to better forms of Government in the future, playing as Spain? I wonder if taking one government today would make me regret it in the future, you know :)

3) Is it possible to know how much a province (or the full annexation) would be worth in regards of War Score with some country without having to go to war with it and sue for peace?

Why can I not change my form of government from Constitutional Monarchy to Constitutional Republic? What's the reason the government is greyed out? The tooltip just says it´s not possible to change from my form of government but unfortunately does not tell me the reason for it. I can change to Administrative Monarchy though but then the Administrative Republic is greyed out, too. I'm confused. Is that due to PUs maybe? Or some other diplomatic reason?

Maybe for an even longer answer: I'm trying to do this to use the Revolution and Counter Revolution NI to get some nice CB and almost all my rich neighbours are either duchies, kingdoms or monarchies.

3) Is it possible to know how much a province (or the full annexation) would be worth in regards of War Score with some country without having to go to war with it and sue for peace?
Nothing you can see directly in-game. In theory you could calculate the value; someone did some experiments on it a couple of years ago that allowed you to calculate the exact value but the details have probably changed since then.

EDIT: Old post http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...otiations...&p=8013786&viewfull=1#post8013786
Basically tax+manpower+forts (and possibly other buildings)
Also cost for provinces you do not control (which you can take only if your side has a core) are double.

Last edited:
I always get dragged in random wars, because "We have warned x"
I never warned x. I never use that option at all! Why do I get dragged into those wars?
Does every peace deal come with a warning, or am I missing something obvious?

Im grateful that I dont get a prestige hit when I refuse to join the war at least :)

I have a couple of questions that I'm sorry if they've been previously asked in this thread.

1) Is it written so that Scotland can never be diplo-vassalised by England? I'm trying to do the 'vassalise Scotland' without force and have relation at 200 military access both ways, royal marriage, military alliance... what more could I do?

2) Acheivements: In one of my games (that I abandoned as I inadvertantly cheated) I got the 'over 2000' one but started a new game (down to my inadvertant cheating), got 2000 again but no acheivement fired. Is that because I've done it in a previous game?

You mean, Andorra, no. For it to lead a PU, the President of France would also be President of Andorra, and such is not the case.
The Principality was formed in 1278. The role of monarch is exercised jointly by the two co-princes, the Bishop of Urgell and the current President of France. [from wikipedia, not reliable I know but they wont just make stuff like that up]

The president of france is at least half of a monarch of a strange kind of PU, thats enough for my taste :D
Anyway, a question: Does a landlocked provinces one province away from the shore with a core count for colonial distance? The background is that I got a boundary dispute in Indonesia and could really use that Range, but the province is otherwise to poor to keep (its in MP).

1) After the Holy War casus belli ends in 1650, with its nice 25% infamy cost on annexation and conquer of any provinces, which are the other nice CB's to use afterwards?

I have seen there is the NI 'Revolution and Counterrevolution' that allows you to continue warmongering against republics/monarchies when you are the opposite for 25% infamy annexation and conquer of any provinces... But it makes you wait for Government tech of 53, so I wonder if there are other nice options in between.

There is imperialism, which you get if you are an absolute monarchy, republican dictatorship or something else which i forgot. 2 infamy/province against everyone.

I have a couple of questions that I'm sorry if they've been previously asked in this thread.

1) Is it written so that Scotland can never be diplo-vassalised by England? I'm trying to do the 'vassalise Scotland' without force and have relation at 200 military access both ways, royal marriage, military alliance... what more could I do?

As far as i know, there is no hardcoded diplo-vassalisation immunity for scotland. Generally speaking, to successfully diplomatically vassalise someone you need a pretty large Sphere of Influence to increase your diplomatic skill. However, i am pretty sure that the starting Scotland is to large to accept diplomatic vassalisation from anyone. Countries above a certain size will never accept diplomatic vassalisation.

There is imperialism, which you get if you are an absolute monarchy, republican dictatorship or something else which i forgot. 2 infamy/province against everyone.

Ah, I see, thanks. It's not that good as 1 infamy per province with Holy War or the NI, but if there is no other option... So, instead of changing my government type to Administrative Monarchy, I should better wait and change it to Absolute Monarchy when I have the tech, since according to the wiki, it seems there is no option to go from Administrative to Absolute Monarchy :closedeyes:

2) Acheivements: In one of my games (that I abandoned as I inadvertantly cheated) I got the 'over 2000' one but started a new game (down to my inadvertant cheating), got 2000 again but no acheivement fired. Is that because I've done it in a previous game?

If you get an achievement once, you have it under your account name forever. It won't trigger again ;)

Is this a known vanilla thing or D&T ? Basically there is a war going since 1417 ( it is now 1556) between Portugal, England etc. vs. Mameluks and a few others. Mameluks and allies are completely occupied, all by England but neither Portugal as war leader nor England has made peace. Hmm, loaded as Portugal and can't make peace. Is this because this is listed as 2nd crusade vs. Morocco which doesn't exist anymore ? What can I do about this ?

Ahhh makes lots of sense to both my questions, thank you Narestel and Simberto. :)

Is this a known vanilla thing or D&T ? Basically there is a war going since 1417 ( it is now 1556) between Portugal, England etc. vs. Mameluks and a few others. Mameluks and allies are completely occupied, all by England but neither Portugal as war leader nor England has made peace. Hmm, loaded as Portugal and can't make peace. Is this because this is listed as 2nd crusade vs. Morocco which doesn't exist anymore ? What can I do about this ?

Sounds like England became junior in a union with Portugal (or someone else allied in the war) so they can't make a peace and since England did all the occupying Portugal is reluctant to make peace because they won't get much. Or same thing except with Portugal becoming the lesser partner, England won't make a seperate peace when winning because it would potentially screw their partner and Portugal can't make peace as lesser partner in a war with their senior partner.