• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Say if I have a CoT as Calais value 1k contributing 20 tax. So does the decision "Designate Calais as The Staple Port" cause
(1) the CoT value to +25% to become 1250, or just the value of fish there to +25% with the +25% local trade modifier?
(2) cause the 20 tax to +50% and become 30, with the +50% local Tax Modifier?

Is there a way to change the name, color and coat of arms of a country but only edit my save game file? I'm playing as Burgundy and want to form France soon for the benefits, but I want to keep Burgundy's color and coat of arms if possible.

Is there a way to change the name, color and coat of arms of a country but only edit my save game file? I'm playing as Burgundy and want to form France soon for the benefits, but I want to keep Burgundy's color and coat of arms if possible.

Not unless you make a mod and load up the save in the mod.

Say if I have a CoT as Calais value 1k contributing 20 tax. So does the decision "Designate Calais as The Staple Port" cause
(1) the CoT value to +25% to become 1250, or just the value of fish there to +25% with the +25% local trade modifier?
(2) cause the 20 tax to +50% and become 30, with the +50% local Tax Modifier?

1. Just the fish. It increases trade value, which also increases production income.
2. They will add onto the modifiers that already exist (like "Stability +30%"). It is likely that Calais has a base tax of 5, plus any buildings, plus 2 for a CoT, plus 20 for the CoT level. Those will have the +50% tax modifier applied to them, so you'll easily get 13 or so more tax out of Calais.

What happens if I as the empire leader give a province to someone, a province that is within the empire will the player get unlawful territory?
Will he be forced to give it back?

Would it matter if the receiving player is himself within the Empire?

also, If i get the mission to make a vassal part of my nation and I then succeed, while we both are within the empire, will i get unlawful territory event?
I do get a core on one of the provinces doing this. Would I get unlawful territory event on the ones that i lack core on?

Is it true that being the Emperor protects one against unlawful territory event?

Thank you all for the help.

What happens if I as the empire leader give a province to someone, a province that is within the empire will the player get unlawful territory?
Will he be forced to give it back?

Would it matter if the receiving player is himself within the Empire?

also, If i get the mission to make a vassal part of my nation and I then succeed, while we both are within the empire, will i get unlawful territory event?
I do get a core on one of the provinces doing this. Would I get unlawful territory event on the ones that i lack core on?

Is it true that being the Emperor protects one against unlawful territory event?

Thank you all for the help.

You get unlawful territory on anything within the empire that you do not have a core on, and if the rest of the requirements are met, you also get the event. You can not sell territory inside the HRE to countries which do not have core on it, they simply will not buy it. If they would, it would be unlawful.

If you annex a vassal with more then one province, and only get a core on one, the others will be unlawful. But you can simply release the rest of the country once again (I think you might need to remove that core of theirs, though, just look at which provinces they get if you release them)

Yes, being the emperor prevents the event from firing, but you still get the -1 prestige/+0.25infamy from having unlawful territory. But strangely enough, if you are emperor, but not member of the HRE, you won't get either. I think this might be broken.

that clears things up.

Just a final question.
If i hold the provinces that have unlawful territory until i get a core.
They will be considered mine and i wont gain any drawbacks from it. am I right?

Is this also the case , if i take them over as the emperor and get the cores, within getting unlawful territory , only the -1prestige/+.025 infamy.

So, once i get cores, i lose ALL drawbacks?

that clears things up.

Just a final question.
If i hold the provinces that have unlawful territory until i get a core.
They will be considered mine and i wont gain any drawbacks from it. am I right?

Is this also the case , if i take them over as the emperor and get the cores, within getting unlawful territory , only the -1prestige/+.025 infamy.

So, once i get cores, i lose ALL drawbacks?

Yes. The -1/+0.25 instantly vanishes when you get a core, and the negative modifier from the event gets removed by an other event that should fire pretty quick after the province is cored.

I have been looking everywhere for a solution to this but cannot find one, so am hoping someone can help. During the provincial "tax" collection their is a sound effect that sound like change being put in a bag. It happens so consistently it drives me nuts. I have looked at the messaging options but nowhere does it seem to show how to turn it off. Is it even possible?

I have been looking everywhere for a solution to this but cannot find one, so am hoping someone can help. During the provincial "tax" collection their is a sound effect that sound like change being put in a bag. It happens so consistently it drives me nuts. I have looked at the messaging options but nowhere does it seem to show how to turn it off. Is it even possible?

You can navigate to your EU3 folder, and look in the folder 'sounds'. The sound you are looking for is 'moneyin.wav', which you can rename to something else to stop it from playing.

Anyone know if overseas provinces count *against* overextension?

So if I have 50 provinces in the Americas, 1 province (and my capital) in Europe. And then get perhaps 20 more provinces in Europe. Will I then be overextended?

(assuming I have cores on the provinces in the americas)

Anyone know if overseas provinces count *against* overextension?

So if I have 50 provinces in the Americas, 1 province (and my capital) in Europe. And then get perhaps 20 more provinces in Europe. Will I then be overextended?

(assuming I have cores on the provinces in the americas)

As long as the provinces are full fledged provinces and not colonies, it's all the same for overextension purposes.

Nope it's not.

Overseas provinces doesn't count towards overextension.

The code suggests that there's no distinction.

Code:
overextension = {
	icon = 2
	potential = {
		NOT = { core_percentage = 0.9 }		#FB
		num_of_cities = 15			#FB
		nomad = no
	}
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			NOT = { core_percentage = 0.5 }
			AND = {
				NOT = { ADM = 6 }
				NOT = { core_percentage = 0.66 }
			}
			AND = {
				NOT = { ADM = 4 }
				NOT = { core_percentage = 0.75 }
			}
			AND = {
				NOT = { ADM = 2 }
				NOT = { core_percentage = 0.85 }
			}
		}

OR = {
			num_of_cities = 120
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 100
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = 4 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 90
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = 3 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 80
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = 2 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 70
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = 1 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 60
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = 0 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 50
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = -1 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 40
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = -2 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 30
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = -3 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 20
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = -4 }
			}
		}
	}
	global_revolt_risk = 2
	minimum_revolt_risk = 3
	stability_cost_modifier = 0.5
}

ADM also applies, and cored provinces don't count at all. Centralization/Decentralization is also a factor.

The code suggests that there's no distinction.

Code:
overextension = {
	icon = 2
	potential = {
		NOT = { core_percentage = 0.9 }		#FB
		num_of_cities = 15			#FB
		nomad = no
	}
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			NOT = { core_percentage = 0.5 }
			AND = {
				NOT = { ADM = 6 }
				NOT = { core_percentage = 0.66 }
			}
			AND = {
				NOT = { ADM = 4 }
				NOT = { core_percentage = 0.75 }
			}
			AND = {
				NOT = { ADM = 2 }
				NOT = { core_percentage = 0.85 }
			}
		}

OR = {
			num_of_cities = 120
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 100
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = 4 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 90
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = 3 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 80
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = 2 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 70
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = 1 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 60
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = 0 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 50
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = -1 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 40
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = -2 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 30
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = -3 }
			}
			AND = {
				num_of_cities = 20
				NOT = { centralization_decentralization = -4 }
			}
		}
	}
	global_revolt_risk = 2
	minimum_revolt_risk = 3
	stability_cost_modifier = 0.5
}

ADM also applies, and cored provinces don't count at all. Centralization/Decentralization is also a factor.

Well, it's still the case that overseas provinces doesn't count towards overextension.

Well, it's still the case that overseas provinces doesn't count towards overextension.

I'm not trying to be rude, and you may very well be right, but why did you initially ask the question then?

I'm not trying to be rude, and you may very well be right, but why did you initially ask the question then?

The question was if overseas provinces count *against* overextension, and not towards it. A question I still got no answer for.

Are you really sure of this, or did you just do something like having 10 colonies as Navarra? You need to keep in mind that there is a minimum amount of cities needed for overextension to even be possible.

And i doubt you will get an answer to your original question, so you will have to test it yourself. Usually, people expect the code to be true, and while there might be some rare cases where it is not, in the overwhelming majority of situations it is. So if you assume it isn't, you should do some accurate testing to prove that. This means not just some thing you remember from a game you played half a year ago, but where you can't find the safegame.

Are you really sure of this, or did you just do something like having 10 colonies as Navarra? You need to keep in mind that there is a minimum amount of cities needed for overextension to even be possible.

And i doubt you will get an answer to your original question, so you will have to test it yourself. Usually, people expect the code to be true, and while there might be some rare cases where it is not, in the overwhelming majority of situations it is. So if you assume it isn't, you should do some accurate testing to prove that. This means not just some thing you remember from a game you played half a year ago, but where you can't find the safegame.

It's pretty general knowledge these days on the forum after I pointed it out that overseas provinces doesn't cause overextension. (Then if this is a bug or not we will see if next patch)

The question was if overseas provinces count *against* overextension, and not towards it. A question I still got no answer for.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't understand it then. I agree with SIimberto; no idea.