• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a solution for crashing/exiting EU3:Complete (from steam) in Windows 7 64bit?
Is there a support for 64 bit windows for this game?

I bought a game long time ago and I cannot even play, keeps crashing after few minutes of starting the actual game (okay in main-menu).

Is there a solution for crashing/exiting EU3:Complete (from steam) in Windows 7 64bit?

I bought a game long time ago and I cannot even play, keeps crashing after few minutes of starting the actual game (okay in main-menu).

It would be better if you check in the Tech support sub-forum and, if you find nothing for it, post your issue there so you can get better assistance. Sorry for not being of more help. Good luck and welcome! ;)

Many people are running the game on Window 7 64-bit so as Narestel says you should post in the tech support forum.

2 quick ???s

1. What are the yellow #s coming up from provinces each month?

2. Is there a way to tell how moving a slider will affect stability before I slide it?

1. That's your monthly income from each of your provinces.

2. Not that I know of, moving any slider will trigger 1 of 3 events listed when you mouse over the end of the slider you are moving to. Destabilizing is the one that gives you -1 stability, the other ones have nothing to do with stability I think, unless it has an indirect effect on stability cost...

2 quick ???s

1. What are the yellow #s coming up from provinces each month?

2. Is there a way to tell how moving a slider will affect stability before I slide it?
If it has an event tied to it that reduces stability then there you have it (get to know what the events are for each slider move; they're good to know). Most do, so be prepared to lose stability when you move sliders.

Thanks for typing all that out gela. Actually it worked after I restarted it, didn't have to edit settings.txt manually. Only needed to change resolution to fit the screen and it's fine now. btw, I am enjoying and learning a lot from your AAR for beginners too. Thanks very much!

Glad it worked for you, and you're welcome.

Some westernisation questions. Does your western neighbour province need to be cores? And when it tells you that it needs to be 25 techs ahead, does it mean you or your neighbour? What exactly do these 25 techs mean? Highest tech or average or accumalative... It's not very clear.

Some westernisation questions. Does your western neighbour province need to be cores? And when it tells you that it needs to be 25 techs ahead, does it mean you or your neighbour? What exactly do these 25 techs mean? Highest tech or average or accumalative... It's not very clear.
Cores: they aren't necessary.

Techs: They need to be a total of 25 combined tech ahead of you, so for example someone with 10-10-10-10-10 has 25 more techs than someone with 5-5-5-5-5.

Can you inherit a nomadic tribe or form a union with a nomadic tribe by another nomadic tribe? I am playing Chagatai and The Timurids have no heir. It says that a union would be formed when their current ruler dies, but when he does they just choose another one of different dynasty. If it is impossible to achieve anything wit royal marriages between nomads why then this option is even left available?

Can you inherit a nomadic tribe or form a union with a nomadic tribe by another nomadic tribe? I am playing Chagatai and The Timurids have no heir. It says that a union would be formed when their current ruler dies, but when he does they just choose another one of different dynasty. If it is impossible to achieve anything wit royal marriages between nomads why then this option is even left available?

I don't know if it is impossible to PU between hordes or not, but that tooltip is known for notoriously lying. Basically, there are some different probabilities that things like PUs, inheritance and so on happen. And when you look at that tooltip, it rolls on that table and gives the result. Then, when the ruler dies, it rolls again on the same table, but of course does not necessarily have the same result.

It's possible to PU hordes just like anybody else. That said, the predicted events upon ruler deaths are just that; predictions. They won't necessarily happen, and are more useful to guess the probability of something occurring (or the possibility of it) than whether it will definitely occur.

It's possible if you're playing a horde. Otherwise, no. Also, note that luck PUs are very uncommon. Your legitimacy or prestige may have also not been high enough to get a PU.

Was wondering one thing about fleets.

I know you get penalties after 5000 cannons, but what if one fleet with 5000 cannons engages another fleet, and then I send in another fleet with 5000 cannons (so it's 2 separate fleets), would it count as 10 000 then and give me penalties?

Was wondering one thing about fleets.

I know you get penalties after 5000 cannons, but what if one fleet with 5000 cannons engages another fleet, and then I send in another fleet with 5000 cannons (so it's 2 separate fleets), would it count as 10 000 then and give me penalties?
Firstly, it has to be that way, positioning (the value which reduces your effective cannons) is calculated during the battle so actually splitting up your fleet would not help (if it would you should just stop stacking units). You also have to understand that you don't only get the penalities after 5k cannons, you get them from the beginning on, 5k cannons only marks the point where you have the most cannons actively firing. IIRC every 100 cannons decrease your positioning by 1%, meaning by the time you reach 5k cannons you have 2500 active cannons, when you have 5100 just 2499 and so on. This value is decreased by your leaders maneouver (sp?) stat though.

3 questions:

1. How can you tell your WE and how much you're burning off when you're at peace

2. Is the only way to know the number of cannons in a fleet by counting or does the UI tell you when you're over 5k?

3. Related to the above: What ship type gives the most bang for buck?

Thanks!

3 questions:

1. How can you tell your WE and how much you're burning off when you're at peace

2. Is the only way to know the number of cannons in a fleet by counting or does the UI tell you when you're over 5k?

3. Related to the above: What ship type gives the most bang for buck?

Thanks!

1) Your WE is displayed in your military screen, hover your mouse over it to see how much it is getting reduced/increased, and for what reason

2) Yes. But that is usually only a simple multiplication.

3) Big Ships usually. Especially considering that they use up the least amount of Naval Force Limits for the bang.