• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Code:
tribal_despotism_reform = {
		potential = {
			government = tribal_despotism
			NOT = { centralization_decentralization = 2 }
			NOT = { innovative_narrowminded = 2 }
			OR = {
				OR = {
						technology_group = western
						technology_group = eastern
						technology_group = ottoman
						technology_group = muslim
				}
				any_neighbor_country = {
					OR = {
					}
				}
			}
		}
		allow = {
			ADM = 7
			legitimacy = 0.7
			government_tech = 10
			stability = 2
			war = no
		}
		effect = {
			government = despotic_monarchy
			stability = -5
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}
	tribal_federation_reform = {
		potential = {
			government = tribal_federation
			OR = {
				OR = {
				}
				any_neighbor_country = {
					OR = {
					}
				}
			}
		}
		allow = {
			ADM = 7
			government_tech = 10
			legitimacy = 0.7
			stability = 2
			war = no
		}
		effect = {
			government = feudal_monarchy
			stability = -5
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}
	tribal_democracy_reform = {
		potential = {
			government = tribal_democracy
			OR = {
				OR = {
				}
				any_neighbor_country = {
					OR = {
					}
				}
			}
		}
		allow = {
			ADM = 7
			government_tech = 10
			stability = 2
			war = no
		}
		effect = {
			government = noble_republic
			stability = -5
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}
	steppe_horde_reform = {
		potential = {
			government = steppe_horde
		}
		allow = {
			OR = {
				OR = {
				}
				any_neighbor_country = {
					OR = {
					}
				}
			}
			ADM = 7
			legitimacy = 0.7
			government_tech = 10
			stability = 2
		}
		effect = {
			government = despotic_monarchy
			stability = -5
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}
}

Translation:

Get an admin ruler of 7 or higher, have gov. tech 10 or higher, have a stability of 2 or higher, be at +2 narrowminded and decent., and you'll get the "Reform Tribal Government" national decision that gets you out of the tribal governments.

You want to be under +2 narrowminded and under +2 decentralised.

Translation:

Get an admin ruler of 7 or higher, have gov. tech 10 or higher, have a stability of 2 or higher, be at +2 narrowminded and decent., and you'll get the "Reform Tribal Government" national decision that gets you out of the tribal governments.

Ok thanks. Hopefully I will get a leader soon with a 7 in admin so I can make this happen.

Ok so on second thought I have all of these requirements. Tribal democracy, centralization_decentralization = 0 innovative_narrowminded = -5, stability=3, admin ruler 8, gov't tech 12, but no national decision.

Ok so on second thought I have all of these requirements. Tribal democracy, centralization_decentralization = 0 innovative_narrowminded = -5, stability=3, admin ruler 8, gov't tech 12, but no national decision.
Do you border a province owned by a European nation? That's also one of the requirements; either that or be westernised already.

Oh I see. I wasn't aware of the westernizing factor. The Europeans just showed up in NA around 1540 or so and Portugal, England, and Genoa ganged up on Central America. I could just attack whats left of the natives there to westernize I suppose.

Decision: Form the Netherlands (or any other)

I'm currently playing as Holland. Through various wars with France I've expanded southwards while Utrecht, Friesland and Brabant (nation) remain independent. I currently control Antwerpen, Vlaanderen, Calais, Artois, Gent, Namur and Brabant (province). I expect these provinces to 'Core' before I will even think of getting Friesland and Utrecht to form the Netherlands (i'm occupied alsewhere: I must liberate Jerusalem (mission)).

Now, when I enact the 'Netherlands' decision, will all my Holland-cores become Netherlands-cores, or just the one that are listed in the decision? If not, I'm probably better of staying Holland, no?

I'm currently playing as Holland. Through various wars with France I've expanded southwards while Utrecht, Friesland and Brabant (nation) remain independent. I currently control Antwerpen, Vlaanderen, Calais, Artois, Gent, Namur and Brabant (province). I expect these provinces to 'Core' before I will even think of getting Friesland and Utrecht to form the Netherlands (i'm occupied alsewhere: I must liberate Jerusalem (mission)).

Now, when I enact the 'Netherlands' decision, will all my Holland-cores become Netherlands-cores, or just the one that are listed in the decision? If not, I'm probably better of staying Holland, no?

You keep all your old cores, you just gain the ones specified in the decision as well.

How do you inherit a country from a PU in HTTT? Is it purely a matter of chance, or do relations, or prestige, or something affect your chances?

Is hovering the mouse over your minor partner's monarch to see what will happen upon his death accurate? I sometimes see it say I will inherit them, and then check again a few minutes later (when seemingly nothing has changed) only to see it say the PU will continue.

Do different kinds of ships have different movement speeds, like how cannons move slower than infantry? (DW here)

If yes, can someone direct me to some sort of resource where this is detailed?

Do different kinds of ships have different movement speeds, like how cannons move slower than infantry? (DW here)

If yes, can someone direct me to some sort of resource where this is detailed?

Check out the table herehttp://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Unit_speed.

The speed you are interested in is the "strategic speed." Note that fleets with different types of ships group together will move with the speed of the slowest ship, just like with land units.