• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1) Where is the HRE button that's supposed to be on edge of the screen on the right hand side with the Papal influence button? I'm playing as the Teutonic Order and have several of my provinces in the HRE, but I don't see the icon/button anywhere...
I've heard of this bug before (assuming the HRE still exists and it hasn't been formed/disbanded); try starting a new game and seeing if the icon shows up.
The only report I've seen of this turned out to be that the HRE was disbanded. How it got disbanded is another question though. Anyone that sees this should post in the bug forum and upload a zipped savegame for analysis.

tips on unifying japan ? forging claims and just annexing the other daimyo's just seems to take sooooooooo looooooooong (infmay-wise)

PUs. Most daimyos start without a good heir, so you can force PUs onto most of them, and just inherit all their stuff for zero infamy. If you missed that opportunity, just keep a look at them and force PUs with spies or royal marriages whenever you can.

Is it true that if you change your capital to a province that has a culture that isn't accepted, your country's main culture will switch to that province's culture?

Say if I've got Greek culture and Turkish culture is accepted and I move my capital to a province with Cosmopolitain culture, will my nations other accepted cultures go away if it switches to cosmo?

No. But if you have more of that cultures provinces than of your own, you can use a decision to cultureshift your main culture to the culture of that province. I don't think any of this has an influence on accepted cultures.

In the Single player options menu, what is Spread of Land/sea provinces ?
It can be put on 25,Normal 50 and 75 years.

Is there any way to change how long it takes before a province becomes a core province ?

If you discover someland via Conquistadores/Explorers, that knowledge is yours for some amount of time, but it leaks to other countries in your techgroup after that amount of time you specified in that option.

I don't have an answer to your second question.

Is there any way to change how long it takes before a province becomes a core province ?
Yes, edit the defines.txt; look for this line:#_CDEF_CORE_GAIN_.
The txt file is on the 'common' folder, on your EUIII installation directory.

If you discover someland via Conquistadores/Explorers, that knowledge is yours for some amount of time, but it leaks to other countries in your techgroup after that amount of time you specified in that option.

Does this also apply 'the other way around'? I mean, when the AI's the one who's doing the exploration, does it also spread to you after the specified amount of time on that option?

Sure, it works the other way around, too. And there is also some spread between tech groups, i *think* it is that the knowledge gets spread between similar religions after double that amount of time, but of that i am not certain.

how do you "stab hit" someone ?
read on a bunch of posts but i don't know how you do it (if you're in a war with someone and stab hit him ... if you're at peace i guess it means DOW someone they guarantee or are allied with ... no?)

Alienatu- The least complicated method would be to use the spy mission 'Sow Discontent', though it is one of the more difficult of the spy missions

Does this also apply 'the other way around'? I mean, when the AI's the one who's doing the exploration, does it also spread to you after the specified amount of time on that option?

I'm quite sure it does, yes. Although, I'm not sure exactly if it looks at neighbours as being nations who share a border with you, or nations who share a region or tech-group with you. I think it's tech group.

how do you "stab hit" someone ?
read on a bunch of posts but i don't know how you do it (if you're in a war with someone and stab hit him ... if you're at peace i guess it means DOW someone they guarantee or are allied with ... no?)

Best way is if you're at war with an AI country that stubbornly refuses to give in, then you can demand a fairly small amount - it will say at the bottom of the screen if they will accept or not. It will also say something like "(This is such a generous offer that if they refuse it will cause great turmoil in their country)" if you have made demands sufficiently below your war score. If they will refuse, then go ahead and make that peace offer, even if you want more, because then for every time make that peace offer and they refuse, they take a "stab hit" of 1 - their stability will go down by 1. Once they get to stability of -3, they'll agree to almost anything. :-D

What's the point of provincial trade improvements in DW if the province is not a CoT?

What improvements should I build in provinces with high production output (like gold mines, salt mines, etc) to increase production income?

Alienatu- The least complicated method would be to use the spy mission 'Sow Discontent', though it is one of the more difficult of the spy missions
"Sow Discontent" doesn't reduce stability since HttT 4.1; it just increases stab cost.