• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, a simple solution.:)

Simpler than you think.

Most of the theocracies are in the HRE. Except the Papal States, The Knights, Teutonic Order and Avignon (did I forget anyone)?

So when you form HRE you take out most of the theocracies. When you are emperor you will have a constant CB against the Teutonic Order (since they hold empire-provinces)
The Knights are usually taken out by the Ottomans. Papal States you must take care of yourself. If you are Papal States ( and want to take the chance ), you have a mission that will give you a core on Avignon.

What's the requirements for the LEF-decision?
Note this is support_enlightenment_movement in CulturalDecisions.txt.
Year must be 1650-1800, western tech group, full innovative policy, at least 40 prestige, a year's income in the treasury, a magistrate, and an ADM 6 ruler. The year's income and magistrate are consumed.

Simpler than you think.

Most of the theocracies are in the HRE. Except the Papal States, The Knights, Teutonic Order and Avignon (did I forget anyone)?

So when you form HRE you take out most of the theocracies. When you are emperor you will have a constant CB against the Teutonic Order (since they hold empire-provinces)
The Knights are usually taken out by the Ottomans. Papal States you must take care of yourself. If you are Papal States ( and want to take the chance ), you have a mission that will give you a core on Avignon.

Actually, I think the TO is specifically barred from becoming the papal state.

It says so in the game files.

Excommunication CB is only good against nations in your own culture (group?) though.

1. Okay, I just never heard of it. Maybe that's true.

2. All catholic rulers can be excommunicated? And 25% infamy for each province? How isn't that good? +all the cardinals and their bonuses.

EDIT: Can you show me these game files btw?

1. Okay, I just never heard of it. Maybe that's true.

2. All catholic rulers can be excommunicated? And 25% infamy for each province? How isn't that good? +all the cardinals and their bonuses.

EDIT: Can you show me these game files btw?
1. It's true. I just checked it to be sure.
2. Except that you only get the infamy reduction for provinces of your own culture (group?). If you have used that CB a lot you should have noticed that you gained 4 infamy/province in most cases.

1. It's true. I just checked it to be sure.
2. Except that you only get the infamy reduction for provinces of your own culture (group?). If you have used that CB a lot you should have noticed that you gained 4 infamy/province in most cases.

I was under the impression they had changed that.

And no, I have never used it.

Yeah, something is up with exommunication, and it could very well be that. One time i was pretty annoyed when i exommunicated Novgorod (No idea why they were catholic) and all provinces still cost 4 infamy. Of course i only noticed that after having fought the war. This was in a 5.1 game.

I just noticed that lucky nations was actually a bonus feat. Anyway, how to tell if they are lucky if playing a game with random luck set. Also, can the player like myself get the feat or is it only for AI's?

I just noticed that lucky nations was actually a bonus feat. Anyway, how to tell if they are lucky if playing a game with random luck set. Also, can the player like myself get the feat or is it only for AI's?

Player can never be lucky. You'll have to take a look at the save file to find out for sure, but to be honest, it's usually not that hard to figure it out ;)

quick question about trade:

is there a point with trade efficiency over 100%? i have 117% atm, and i can raise it by a lot more if i like. im in every COT i want to be in(free trader)