• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any Japan professional here?
We are playing east asia in multiplayer game. I started Minamoto, just united japan (1532).

Any strategy for westernisation, others? Which things i must care about? Any possible events? I read EU3 Wiki japan strategy, but i need more info.

Please share some tips and tricks :)

Thanks

Why do I keep lose ships on the ocean :( ?! I lost around 8 carraks now in a single year .. just moving around ?! is there a way to prevent this ?

Hi, ships suffer attrition when away from friendly coastlines, the coastlines of your regions, or of your allies, or countries granting miltary access - essentially friendly ports. The attrition is much worse in the deep oceans where there's no coast, & attrition mounts up the longer the ships are at sea.

You can see how bad it is by selecting the fleet, look for numbers in red, & the percentage number shoing how much condition each ship has.

Basically, you shouldn't send your ships too far & too long from friendly ports, & be especially wary about sending them into the deep oceans. Get them back to port to recover in between voyages of exploration.

Any way to manually reduce infamy in a savegame? By altering game files?

I think it is unfair to not lose infamy upon winning a 'dishonourable scum' war.

cheers

Any way to manually reduce infamy in a savegame? By altering game files?

I think it is unfair to not lose infamy upon winning a 'dishonourable scum' war.

cheers

You can mod your savegame easily, it's a plain text file. Please register your base game and you will get write access to the user mod subforum, where knowledgeable people can help you :)

At the moment, i am playing as Russia. There is the typical national decision icon on the top, which on mouseover tells me that the decision "Go east into Sibiria" is available. However, it is not. It is not even in the list. Does someone know what is up with that?

At the moment, i am playing as Russia. There is the typical national decision icon on the top, which on mouseover tells me that the decision "Go east into Sibiria" is available. However, it is not. It is not even in the list. Does someone know what is up with that?

This is a decision for russia in which you get some colonists and a conquistador (sp?) in exchange for a small summ of ducats, it's not available if you allready have an conquistador, do you have one?

Any Japan professional here?
We are playing east asia in multiplayer game. I started Minamoto, just united japan (1532).

Any strategy for westernisation, others? Which things i must care about? Any possible events? I read EU3 Wiki japan strategy, but i need more info.

Please share some tips and tricks :)

Thanks
The only real difference between Japan and anyone else is how you play pre-unification. I realize it's too late to go back now, but as a general rule you're best off PUing Taira at the start of the game and then from there on out forging claims on a single daimyo every time your infamy hits 0 and spending the intervening time at 100 shogun influence invading indochina, korea, ming etc. All the better if you happen to get the opportunity to PU a second daimyo as well.

No. And from a look at the files, it should be possible for me to see and pass it.
I had that same issue in a multiplayer game once and a rehost fixed it.

No. And from a look at the files, it should be possible for me to see and pass it.
I had that same issue in a multiplayer game once and a rehost fixed it.
Yes. After a tag-change (such as forming Russia) you need to save and reload ASAP to avoid issues like this.

How does one kill his current monarch (file-editing included)?

I tried to put an death_date iwth the current monarch entry (as well as his heir entry), but it didnt seem to work. Have I forgotten something?

I have too little time to subscribe to some mod-forum, will do so in the week-end.

Cheers again.

If armies are evenly matched which is more important Morale or Discipline?
It depends. If the armies can safely retreat (combat in mountainous terrain, reinforcements waiting, and so on and so forth) discipline is better since it will deplete your opponent's manpower slowly but surely. If safe retreat is not possible (combat in plains, no reinforcements, etc) then the person with more morale is capable of instantly annihilating an army, which is a much faster manpower drain as well as a huge financial drain.

Discipline is definitely the more consistent option though, and the better one if both players are playing safe.

--

Keep in mind that in big wars it matters who runs out of manpower or regiments, not who wins battles. If you win every battle but take double their casualties you're losing the war.

How does one kill his current monarch (file-editing included)?

I tried to put an death_date iwth the current monarch entry (as well as his heir entry), but it didnt seem to work. Have I forgotten something?

I have too little time to subscribe to some mod-forum, will do so in the week-end.

Cheers again.

I think the console-command for that is "kill TAG", where TAG is your countries tag, f.E. FRA for France.

This question is not about EU3; rather, it is about this EU3 forum: What do I have to do to be able to upload a file? In the area in the "go advanced" menu where the upload manager dialogue ought to be (i.e., between "Additional Options" and "Subscription") there is nothing, not even a blank space. Is this a function of my browser (Internet Explorer, but I could use Chrome or another one I guess), or is it a function of some setting somewhere that I haven't checked?

This question is not about EU3; rather, it is about this EU3 forum: What do I have to do to be able to upload a file? In the area in the "go advanced" menu where the upload manager dialogue ought to be (i.e., between "Additional Options" and "Subscription") there is nothing, not even a blank space. Is this a function of my browser (Internet Explorer, but I could use Chrome or another one I guess), or is it a function of some setting somewhere that I haven't checked?
Maybe there's a minimum number of posts required or something.

Try it with Firefox, just to be sure, but I think you need a certain amount of posts (50 or something, IIRC). However, it's a pretty useless feature since the file size has to be so small.