• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, I finally found the nerve to finish my WC game and I ran into the typical problem: Japan!
The method to disband the Shogunate that I remember seems to be to: 1. Occupy Kyoto 2. Incite Revolt (hoping for peasants) 3. Fund Patriots 4. Wait for them to switch to one of the Daimyo's. This tactic however does NOT work for me.... As soon as the Patriots win the siege they instantly flip back to japan, should I make Peace before they win so they will collapse?

And another thing: Without the Japan stuff my King rules the world, the Problem however is, that I still have 7 PU's, most of them since 1410 and I have yet to inherit one of them. I have 100 Legitmacy, 100 Prestige, 0 Infamy, 200 Relations and Medium Trust with all of them, and yet, in a Sample of 50 Monarch Deaths (Load on Gaming PC, put time to x5, make sure Relations stay up and wait) I won't inherit. Should I just wait for the event that gives me +3 Diplomats, send 8 Requests out and hope for all of them to accept? Or could I change to a noble republic and just go through one king every 8 years?

@stnikolauswagner:

Seriously, how many hours do you have to invest to complete a WC? I am already getting deeply unmotivated by managing about 100 provinces and therefore start another game. My main reason I did not dl MEIOU yet although it seems really beautiful. (OMG, even more provinces!)

@stnikolauswagner:

Seriously, how many hours do you have to invest to complete a WC? I am already getting deeply unmotivated by managing about 100 provinces and therefore start another game. My main reason I did not dl MEIOU yet although it seems really beautiful. (OMG, even more provinces!)

It took me around 40-60, the worst part is the beginning and the first period of overextension and before you have a landconnection to the North African and Arabian Holdings. Everything after that is a breeze, Just keep on Rebel whacking and bribing the HRE, by 1650 I allready had everything except the american natives, mali, Japan and Malaysia.

Another reason why I would probably go mad-> Rebels everywhere^^ And because of the fast expansion you need for a WC there must be millions of them. That's why I have deepest respect for PrawnStars Golden Horde WC. You need a LOT of patience for that I guess.

And yes, I dont like that overextension malus either...

So, I finally found the nerve to finish my WC game and I ran into the typical problem: Japan!
The method to disband the Shogunate that I remember seems to be to: 1. Occupy Kyoto 2. Incite Revolt (hoping for peasants) 3. Fund Patriots 4. Wait for them to switch to one of the Daimyo's. This tactic however does NOT work for me.... As soon as the Patriots win the siege they instantly flip back to japan, should I make Peace before they win so they will collapse?

And another thing: Without the Japan stuff my King rules the world, the Problem however is, that I still have 7 PU's, most of them since 1410 and I have yet to inherit one of them. I have 100 Legitmacy, 100 Prestige, 0 Infamy, 200 Relations and Medium Trust with all of them, and yet, in a Sample of 50 Monarch Deaths (Load on Gaming PC, put time to x5, make sure Relations stay up and wait) I won't inherit. Should I just wait for the event that gives me +3 Diplomats, send 8 Requests out and hope for all of them to accept? Or could I change to a noble republic and just go through one king every 8 years?

What worked for me was not getting Kyoto to defect to a Daimyo, but getting a Daimyo to defect to Kyoto. Apparently, the Shogunate correctly disbands if there are two or less Daimyos. Also, you can cut out one step. Basically, the way i did it was : Fight, Occupy, Incite Patriots (They don't siege your stuff, but run around aimlessly), end war while they are heading towards the province you want them to siege. They will then siege that province. Dont send to many, they turn into that countries army if they successfully besiege it, WHILE STILL BEING LOYAL TO YOU. This means that you can not kill them directly, but need your next round of rebels to do so.

Hi guys . i am new here. I will apologize for my bad english first if i write bad. I have a problem when i want to colonize a country for example i have Quest for the New World , and wanna colonize St. Helen , it takes to much time 200000 days or something like that . Can you tell me what is the problem ?

I was playing Byz , but i'm wondering now , how can I expect to beat Castille at sea? I changed a lot from HTTT! with their superior seamanship they are able to win any naval encounter where i'm not outnumbering them 3/1 or more .
They are 3 lvels higher than myself as I didn't invest massively here

I was playing Byz , but i'm wondering now , how can I expect to beat Castille at sea? I changed a lot from HTTT! with their superior seamanship they are able to win any naval encounter where i'm not outnumbering them 3/1 or more .

The Naval system is kind of weird. Higher tech obviously matters, especially if they have a better type of ship than you. Admirals matter a lot, too. Depending on when you are, you might also have a too large fleet. Counterintuitively, you should try to get about 5000 cannons into a fleet, if you get more, your fleet actually gets worse than if you had less, to the point where insanely large navies are easily destroyed by smaller ones. You can check how many cannons your ships have, and just multiply that with the ship type. For example, Threedeckers have 120 cannons each, so you would want about 40 of those in one fleet.

Other than that: Admirals are a large factor, so if you can somehow get a good one, that makes your navy a lot better. However, Naval tradition is pretty hard to acquire. An Admirality helps a lot with that.

Pressgangs enables you to field and maintain a far larger fleet. Double if you are within your force limits, and still much larger if you exceed your forcelimits. I am to lazy to look up the math at the moment, but i think you can increase the amount of ships you have by about 44% if you would have matched your forcelimits otherwise, for the same price, and the same maintenance. It is the single most powerful naval Idea in the game.

Also, i have found that luck is an important factor in Naval battles, moreso the later they are. From my experience, in a lategame naval battle where both sides are roughly equal, you either completely annihilate the enemy, or you completely lose your fleet without doing much damage. And both results can happen in the same battle if you redo it with different dice rolls. After you fight a battle, retreat to a port to repair and regain your moral safely, otherwise you could be caught of guard and destroyed.

In that case I love the NI "Excellent Shipwrights". +2 maneuver for your admiral is really great.

I have a problem when i want to colonize a country for example i have Quest for the New World , and wanna colonize St. Helen , it takes to much time 200000 days or something like that . Can you tell me what is the problem ?
As Simberto said, one reason might be that your map cache is corrupted, which can happen if you've recently installed a new patch. Fix that by deleting the folder called EUIII\map\cache then restarting the game.

Alternatively, it could be that your capital city has been cut off from the sea, or either your capital or your closest coastal province to St Helena is occupied by rebels, or is blockaded by pirates or enemy fleets. Any of these circumstances will make the colonisation distance seem ridiculously far, but as soon as you've recaptured the province/defeated the pirates, you'll be back to a normal distance.

As Simberto said, one reason might be that your map cache is corrupted, which can happen if you've recently installed a new patch. Fix that by deleting the folder called EUIII\map\cache then restarting the game.

Alternatively, it could be that your capital city has been cut off from the sea, or either your capital or your closest coastal province to St Helena is occupied by rebels, or is blockaded by pirates or enemy fleets. Any of these circumstances will make the colonisation distance seem ridiculously far, but as soon as you've recaptured the province/defeated the pirates, you'll be back to a normal distance.

My capital is Bessarabia and have core in Bessarabia and Budjak wich is open sea... and have core in Galicia - Castille , i always conquer Galicia because forward in game i can colonize ... but this time is a little bit strange ... colonizing is taking to much... and have no blockade or enemy fleets .. now i follow your tip and delete the "cache" folder .. see what happens ... bdw thank you for the tip StephenT and Simberto.

I've deleted the "cache" folder , but same thing. I load my savegame - enter - 516526 days :O ... I must create a New Game after deleting "cache" folder ? I forgot a thing to say , i have the Unlimited Time mod installed is this colonizing time so much because it calculates the time 1399 and 9999 year ? Need and answer ty.

Is it worth it for me to try and gift spain up to 200 relations from -150? I'd like to ally with them to mess up France but I don't want to waste 900 gold only to find out my chances of getting in an alliance with them is impossible. We are the only two dominant colonial empires in the game so I'm not sure if they would accept, allthough they did just lose a bunch of their regions along the french border to France.

Is there any event I can get via a National Idea or sth else which gives free centralization slider moves?

I am Aztec and western tech group now but I still need 2 slider moves for the military modernization asap.England, Portugal and Castille are making more and more trouble, I need this modernization.

Those burning earth tactics wont help forever...

My warriors are brave but those muskets dont care :sad: