• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If it works like vassals yes.
The PU leader has to be a minor member of a war and then he calls in his lesser partner and then the leader has to leave the war, then you can make peace with the lesser partner
But if the leader of the war is also leader of the PU it will not work? I would like my PU partner to make a separate peace in a war I am leading.

What is the easiest way/kind of Causes Belle to get ? Every time I start a campaign I end up with 30ish provinces after 250 years of playing :( ?

In the " Post your DW empire " thread I saw Huge empires just around the 1600s !?

how ?

What is the easiest way/kind of Causes Belle to get ? Every time I start a campaign I end up with 30ish provinces after 250 years of playing :( ?

In the " Post your DW empire " thread I saw Huge empires just around the 1600s !?

how ?

The Holy War CB (requires borders with one, DotF, or some governments) will give you a CB against all rival religions until 1650 (1 BB per province). The Cleansing of Heresy CB (requires Unam Sanctum NI) does the same for heretics (2 BB per province). The Imperialism CB is universal, I think (given with some governments) (2 BB per province), and the Revolution and Counter-Revolution NI gives a CB against all nations of a different government type from you (republic or monarchy) (1 BB per province). There's also the excommunicated one, but that's rare. It gives a CB and lower warscore within your culture group. And lowering infamy is necessary. The Cabinet NI, some kind of adviser (I forget which) and cardinals (if Catholic) reduce infamy.

There's also colonization (both of hordes and the new world) that gives territory for no BB. So do PUs.

I may be wrong about some of that stuff so feel free to correct me.

how ?

They could be ignoring badboy limits. The events are quite nasty, but it is possible.

Ruanek has some great CB suggestions; it used to be (pre-DW) that you could play as Japan and conquer the world with Unam Sanctam; that doesn't work any more. Imperialism is the way to go, before that Holy War. Bill of Rights will give you free CBs, but it won't help with adding provinces.

If you just want some excuse to go to war, simply get involved in a lot of shit. Alliances, guarantees, warnings, do your missions which provide CBs, and vassalize every small nation that joins into one of your wars. Also, looking at it like "I want that, what CB can i get on it" is usually wrong. Just take a look at the CBs you got available at the ledger, and do something with those.

But if the leader of the war is also leader of the PU it will not work? I would like my PU partner to make a separate peace in a war I am leading.

This won't work, unfortunately.

To clarify, a lesser partner can only make a separate peace if the senior partner leaves the war, but the war is still ongoing.

I recently formed the HRE as France, but the "A Kaiser Not Just In Name" achievement didn't fire. Can it only be done with a German state?

After looking at the text file, no. You need to have started on 14.10.1399 (first date), and your tag needs to be HRE. Have you made sure that achievements are enabled in that game? Sometimes safegames break randomly, and of course you can disable Achievements through using cheats or tagswitching.

How do PUs form? Do you have to "Claim Throne" when you have a royal marriage and if so, will it randomly give you the throne if successful, or do you have to use the casus beli and go to war for it?

And I tried out my Hungary game again, the electors are switching just a few weeks before each Emperor's death and voting for Bohemia, any way I can stop this without vassalizing each elector? And I was finally able to annex Transylvania after expanding my sphere a bit. Thanks for the help so far guys.

How do PUs form? Do you have to "Claim Throne" when you have a royal marriage and if so, will it randomly give you the throne if successful, or do you have to use the casus beli and go to war for it?

And I tried out my Hungary game again, the electors are switching just a few weeks before each Emperor's death and voting for Bohemia, any way I can stop this without vassalizing each elector? And I was finally able to annex Transylvania after expanding my sphere a bit. Thanks for the help so far guys.

Regarding the PUs, there are about three recent threads about that in this forum, look at one of those.

And for the Hungary Situation, well, Bohemia is probably bribing them to increase their relations. So just look at that situation exactly. Can you get enough points from each elector so that they don switch if bohemia bribes them to 200 relations? If you can do that, fine. But you probably can't, since you get a malus for not being a part of the Empire. So if not, you need to do something to improve your rating with them, or make them like Bohemia less. The easiest way to achieve this is via Vassalisation, but you can just bribe them more if you are not at 200 relations yet, or maybe try to pull them in a war against Bohemia so they like them less.

I'm already at 200 relations, Bohemia hasn't done any bribing from what I've seen, and all my provinces have been added to the HRE so aren't I already a part of the Empire then? From looking, I have nothing that is making the electors take away points from me when considering the next Emperor.

I get the "Achievements Enabled" text at the loading screen, and I've already gotten several achievements with this play through. I did make a series of saves leading up to the formation (giving me the ability to play on as just France, should I so choose) but I haven't loaded them to play.

Is there any point in building a manufactory in a overseas province?

Only base tax and not added tax is counted right?

So then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the tax bonus?

Can I convert my Eu3 DW game to Victoria 2 ?

Not officially. I think there is a user-made converter, check the V2 usermod forum.

Is there any point in building a manufactory in a overseas province?

Only base tax and not added tax is counted right?

So then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the tax bonus?

A manufactory gives a production bonus, doesn't it? I often build them in overseas provinces, they're very much worth it. Also, tech investments!

I'm already at 200 relations, Bohemia hasn't done any bribing from what I've seen, and all my provinces have been added to the HRE so aren't I already a part of the Empire then? From looking, I have nothing that is making the electors take away points from me when considering the next Emperor.

Your capital must be in the HRE for your coutnry to be considered in the HRE. The emperor has to agree to you joining the HRE.

Check the delayed tooltips over the electors to tell you why they are voting for the guy they vote for, and not for you.

Let's say I am Venice, have one CoT (Venice), and Brunei is my vassal and in my trade league (Can I add them?)

Would they trade through Venice then?