• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've seen people do World Domination. I've been playing this game only for about a week or so. I managed to create Germany with The Hansa, but with 40 years left i have only Germany, most of Austria, Sweden and France conquered and already have high infamy problems.

How do you deal with that when going for WD ?

The larger your empire gets, is it adviseable to switch to decentralisation ? and less innovative ? (lower WE)

Should i try to convert all new provinces to my religion ?

No, you don't ever want to be decentralized, and probably not narrowminded, neither. WE can be dealt with in other ways, especially since it only reduces your maximum WE, and you usually want to have lower than maximum WE anyways. Just be careful with attrition, and WE is manageable. Having a high admin ruler helps a lot.

You should try to convert everything, unless you have NIs for tolerance, provinces of the wrong religion give a far smaller income and have a higher revolt risk.

If you go for a WC, you usually employ some things that you don't necessarily use in a normal game. Namely, until 1650 you have a Holy War CB that allows for cheap annexation of people of different religion, and if you fully employ this you can basically conquer all of india and some of china before 1650. You can get provinces for 0 infamy from hordes. Being Catholic is very useful because of the infamy reduction cardinals produce. Obviously you should get a Diplomat advisor, and built a new embassy every 50 years when your old one vanishes.

Government technology is very important, because at 27 you can become a absolute monarchy, which gives you a 50% infamy CB against everybody, at 30 you get the 1 infamy reduction NI, and at 53 you get the Revolution and Counterrevolution NI which gives a 25% infamy CB against Monarchies/Republics (whichever you are not). Since you can change your government, this means basically everybody.

Another very effective thing is to abuse PUs to get stuff for 0 infamy. There are tricks with the release of vassals which reduce your infamy, but noone likes those.

And last but not least, if you are strong enough you can also just go over the infamy limit for the last couple of years for massive annexations, and just deal with the rebels and other annoying events you get from it.

Hypothetical situation : I declare war upon a small country with the Imperialism casus belli. A few other nations join in the war. In the peace deal, if I ask for peace through the alliance leader, will the effect of the casus-belli apply on everyone or just the country I DOWed upon?

Just the country you DOW.

what exactly does 'population growth' do? does it relate to increased taxes, culture or what ?
That's a really good question. I would guess manpower is affected for certain, maybe trade goods too, but I honestly have no idea what role population plays in EU 3.
Population affects manpower, tolls, production, and trade contributed to the CoT through the "Units" value and also the cost of missionaries in that province. It does NOT affect tax income at all.
http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Population
http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Economy
http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Manpower

Yes. It increases the value of the Trade goods produced in that province, and since your production income is directly linked to that, you increase your production income, too. Obviously, you also provide more income to the people trading in its CoT.

I just had an event with two options where a province defected to me for 1 infame, what are the conditions for this event to fire? It's very rare to me, happened when I occupied all of Bohemia for a long time.

You have to occupy an ennemy , have WE under 5 , the occupied country must have more than 15 WE , warscore must be +10 or more in your favor ,the garnison must be at least 1000 men , and the culture of the province must not be theirs.

Oh thats good to know, and when you have those requisites its still a random chance for it to fire right? And when I just got one what would you think the minimum time for getting another one would be? thanks

Hi,

All my saves have been "achievement disabled" because they are "modified". I have never modified any of them, but now on my huge anhaltian empire I cannot gain achievements. Has anyone else had this problem and if so does anyone know how to fix it.

PS. I have even used a save I have from about 4 months ago and even that is said to be "edited".

If you ever used any console commands (including f.E window mode), or played a different country then the one you are playing at the moment, that counts as modified to.

Having said that, i had the same thing happen to me, too. I have never quite found out why, but luckily i had a safegame 15 years back that was not affected for some reason. Strangely enough, after i played that for 2 years and safed, the first safegame was modified too, but the new one which spawned from that one was not. I have never modified any safefiles, and i was connected for the whole time. I did not use any console commands or load as an other country. So as a result of that, now every time before i safe any game, i check whether achievements are still enabled or not, and generally check it at least every 10 years. Needless to say, it has never happened again since then, and is still a complete mystery to me.

It's a province event , with a base MTTH of 300 months , some modifiers to lower it if owner has bad stability/prestige , x2 if they are nomads and x5 if owner is lucky

300 months are 25 years. MTTH means that on average, you can expect a province that satisfies the condition to trigger the event after 25 years. It might happen faster, or slower. If no other modifiers apply, which might be quite substantial.

300 months are 25 years. MTTH means that on average, you can expect a province that satisfies the condition to trigger the event after 25 years. It might happen faster, or slower. If no other modifiers apply, which might be quite substantial.

Ok thanks for clearing it for me, so it would not fire in like 25 year even if i'm now occupying another nation and have the requisites for the event?

Of course it does. Every province you occupy increases your warscore, up to 100% if you occupy all of them. If they defect to you, you no longer occupy it, and thus occupy a smaller percentage of the enemy country. Thus, your Warscore is lowered.

Of course it does. Every province you occupy increases your warscore, up to 100% if you occupy all of them. If they defect to you, you no longer occupy it, and thus occupy a smaller percentage of the enemy country. Thus, your Warscore is lowered.

It lowers the warscore, but it also lowers the cost for other peace options (vassalization, annexation, etc.) because the enemy nation no longer has that province.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but how do you annex a vassal?
I'm currently playing as Hungary, and am past the point where I can now annex Transylvania. I have maximum relations, royal marriage, alliance, proclaim, sphere, and military access, but it still says that annexing them is "impossible". I have no infamy what-so-ever.

Another question I have, is how do I get elected as the Emperor of the HRE? I have maximum relations with all the electors, and it says they will all vote for me (except Bohemia as the current ruler of course) but when ever the Emperor dies and a new vote is made, it always goes back to Bohemia. This is playing as Hungary still with all my provinces as part of the HRE.