• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am a bit unclear on the rules regarding diplo annexing so here:

1) If I as part of a peace deal want to vassalise another country, are there a max number of provinces the target can own?

2) If I want to diplo vassalise another country, are there a max number of provinces the target can own?

3) If I want to annex a vassal, are there a max number of provinces the target can own?

4) If I want to for a PU with another country, are there a max number of provinces the target can own?

5) If I have a PU with another country, are there a max number of provinces the target can own for me to inherit it?

1) Yes, the peace costs of vassalisation increase with the value of the provinces they have. Usually, you can force vassalisation onto nations with about 3-4 provinces. Of course, if you get a subjugation CB, that amount doubles, and it depends on how good those provinces are. You can never get a thing with peace costs over 100%. Apparently, when you occupy stuff for a very long time, peace costs reduce slowly, but that is both annoying and useless. And it takes a LONG time.

2) Yes, i don't know exactly how many, but it usually doesn't work with stuff with more then three provinces.

3) No.

4) No. The Peace costs of a PU are always 84/90, no matter the size. Peaceful PUs can also appear on countries of any size, but you need to have higher prestige then the target as far as i know.

5) Not, directly, but the inheritance mechanics are not completely understood as far as i know, and it seems like the chance to inherit a country reduce when that country is larger.

1) Yes, the peace costs of vassalisation increase with the value of the provinces they have. Usually, you can force vassalisation onto nations with about 3-4 provinces. Of course, if you get a subjugation CB, that amount doubles, and it depends on how good those provinces are. You can never get a thing with peace costs over 100%. Apparently, when you occupy stuff for a very long time, peace costs reduce slowly, but that is both annoying and useless. And it takes a LONG time.

2) Yes, i don't know exactly how many, but it usually doesn't work with stuff with more then three provinces.

3) No.

4) No. The Peace costs of a PU are always 84/90, no matter the size. Peaceful PUs can also appear on countries of any size, but you need to have higher prestige then the target as far as i know.

5) Not, directly, but the inheritance mechanics are not completely understood as far as i know, and it seems like the chance to inherit a country reduce when that country is larger.

To clarify point 3: It's not provinces, it's war score. If they have a bunch of worthless provinces, you might be able to vassalize a five or six province country. The only way to be sure is to declare war on them, and then check the war score for vassalization; if it's under 100%, you can do it.

what exactly does 'population growth' do? does it relate to increased taxes, culture or what ?

That's a really good question. I would guess manpower is affected for certain, maybe trade goods too, but I honestly have no idea what role population plays in EU 3.

How comes alliance leaders can cede provinces they dont own? Is this a bug. For example Bravaria is alliance leader of Hainaut in a war. Bravaria can cede Hainaut...

Because they are negotiating for their whole alliance, not only for themselves. Though it would be nice if Hainaut in that case could decide not to accept the peace their leader negotiated.

Because they are negotiating for their whole alliance, not only for themselves. Though it would be nice if Hainaut in that case could decide not to accept the peace their leader negotiated.

Thanks.

Is it a feature that republics tend to produce bettter Kings overall than Monarchies? Just something I have noticed.... Is there a way to improve an Heirs skills ?

Thanks.

Is it a feature that republics tend to produce bettter Kings overall than Monarchies? Just something I have noticed.... Is there a way to improve an Heirs skills ?

Heirs don't really change skills much (if at all). The player doesn't have much influence over that. Republics do tend to have better leaders on average because they choose them. With monarchies you're stuck with your heir (except with a few events).

If I get something like a 3-3-3 heir I appoint him to be a general asap when he is king.

But I am waiting a few years when the following heir is too young to prevent a regency council.

And yes, republics do have better leaders. Already had 9-9-8 or 8-8-8 rulers etc but when I play monarchies I nearly never get it.

Which is quite obvious. In case of a republic, if you have a bad leader, you will just get a new one at the next election, and if you have a good leader, you will keep him until he dies. But in a monarchy, you are always stuck with the leader you have got, good or bad.

Also, as far as i know the worst elected ruler has 3/3/5 stats, while the worst monarchs have 3/3/3 stats. And because of the system, you get those lowest possible stats quite often.

I think it's random from 1-9 where 1 and 2 round to 3 (possibly with more weight on lower numbers). So low stats are common, and with monarchies you get stuck with them.

I've seen people do World Domination. I've been playing this game only for about a week or so. I managed to create Germany with The Hansa, but with 40 years left i have only Germany, most of Austria, Sweden and France conquered and already have high infamy problems.

How do you deal with that when going for WD ?

The larger your empire gets, is it adviseable to switch to decentralisation ? and less innovative ? (lower WE)

Should i try to convert all new provinces to my religion ?

Hypothetical situation : I declare war upon a small country with the Imperialism casus belli. A few other nations join in the war. In the peace deal, if I ask for peace through the alliance leader, will the effect of the casus-belli apply on everyone or just the country I DOWed upon?