• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are there any hidden conditions to going Republic? I have the tech level, +3 stability, went from Empire to Adm. monarchy 50 years ago, but cannot move to Adm. Republic. Only to Desp. Monarchy. I am NL and am the senior in a union with Luxemburg. I have Pskov and Hessen as vassale and varjous marriages.
You cannot switch to republic if you are in a PU.

how do you actually check defense terrain bonuses for winter mountain etc.....

Go to terrain map mode, and hover your mouse pointer over the relevant area until the tooltip pops up. The actual numbers are fixed; I know they're in the manual (like -1, -2, etc.) but they might be elsewhere on the forums or in the wiki.

EDIT: Great minds think alike, gela1212 :D

I'm trying a WC as England - > France. I know I need to have my primary culture be Breton (correct?) but I'm not sure how to do that. How?

Thanks!

You need more provinces of your new culture than your old one. And your capital has to be of the new culture.

You need more provinces of your new culture than your old one. And your capital has to be of the new culture.

Also, I think it's Cosmopolitaine, which is the culture in Ile-de-France, not Breton.

Is there something that prevents Indian nations from taking the 'empire' government type?

Code:
imperial_administration = {
		potential = {
			OR = {
				[b]technology_group = western
				technology_group = eastern
				technology_group = ottoman
				technology_group = muslim[/b]
			}
			OR = {
				government = feudal_monarchy
				government = despotic_monarchy
			}
		}

Meaning yes, there is something preventing Indian nations from taking the imperial administration decision. Only nations in the higher tech groups can do it.