• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Playing IN and testing some things out with the console, if I use the 'die [COUNTRY]' cheat does that just work like a normal ruler dying for things like electing a new Holy Roman Emperor or possibly inheriting a country that's under a Personal Union with you? I ask as despite killing off a sting of rulers for different countries it seems like it works slightly differently so thought I'd ask.

I've got two questions:

1) I'm playing as Milan and chose to leave the HRE, but my provinces are still shown as being within the HRE and I keep getting the mission to become emperor. Also, I'm still shown as an elector, though my shield is greyed out. Am I missing something? How do I completely remove myself from the HRE?

Leaving the Empire doesn't terminate your Elector status immediately. As an Elector, like the Emperor, all your provinces are (unhelpfully) shown in green regardless of whether they're in the Empire or not. If you scroll over a province, it'll tell you if it's in the Empire.

When looking purely at the military characteristics of governments, what do people consider better, Absolute Monarchy or Republican Dictatorship?

In other words, +5% discipline or +0.10 Land morale?
Discipline.
Indeed 0.1 morale is nothing, especially by the time you can get Absolute Monarchy. You've probably got 1.75 morale just from land tech at that point plus another 2 when at full maintenance.

how do you get it to show your ship numbers in the top right of the screen. where the army infromation is at all times ?

Just right click in the "text icon" above the display of armies. You can select to show (or not) armies, navies, buildings in construction, working missionaries, etc.

As a state of the Holy Roman Empire, say OPM Tuscany, could I move my capital to another continent without leaving the Empire?

How exactly does the 'trade income + 1' bonus work for the 'trade depot' building and the local trade income modifier. I understand production and tax that seems fairly obvious but trade....
Trade value is listed in the trade good section of the province panel (where "Units" and such are) and directly affects production income.

Trade value is listed in the trade good section of the province panel (where "Units" and such are) and directly affects production income.

so +1 trade income affects this value (trade value) as do the trade modifiers from buildings yes ? And building the trade buidlings in provinces with higher trade income gives better value ?

Also the values you get in the province screen is it per month or per year?

so +1 trade income affects this value (trade value) as do the trade modifiers from buildings yes ?
Yes.

And building the trade buidlings in provinces with higher trade income gives better value ?
The percentage ones do. Trade Depots are equally good in any province (well, they're better in provinces with Docks and Counting Houses, but the trade good itself doesn't matter).

Also the values you get in the province screen is it per month or per year?
Yearly.

I'm playing a multiplayer game with Spain. Everything's going well, I'm at 3 Stability and colonization is off to a good start. I've got a strong alliance with France and a less strong 'alliance' with the Mamluks (another player), I've got plenty of money and so on..

Suddenly, Janina declares independence from the Mamluks. They get one of Byzantium's provinces without ever occupying said province. Byzantium is my vassal, and as they automatically declare war on Janina I automatically do so as well and get war leadership.

...and then my stability drops to -3 with no explanation offered.

What happened?

Suddenly, Janina declares independence from the Mamluks.
Janina is not a country; what country actually declared independence?
Also was the game reloaded after you formed Spain?
My guess would be you had some diplomatic relations (marriage, military access, truce) with the new country leftover from before it was annexed; sometimes these things don't get cleared properly.

Right, Epirus? Whatever the nation is that owns only the province of Janina at game start.

The game has been reloaded a bunch of times after I've formed Spain - we play a couple hours every day.

And yeah, it sounds plausible that the game somehow didn't clear something I had with the nation before it was annexed... I haven't paid much attention to that part of the world. I'm certain I didn't have a truce with it, considering I've never fought with anything in the Balkans except France and Austria and Greece has been under joint Byzantine and Mamluk control for over a hundred years, but perhaps I had a military access for my war with Austria... and a Royal Marriage, to explain the -6 stab hit.

I'm just trying to be certain it was a bug and not some weird feature that I can't think of a reason for, so I can claim that it'd be fair to reload from an earlier save. :p

There are missions for the Polish to do so, although they just mean that you incorporate Lithuania into Poland. I assume someone who knows about modding might tell you more about how to do it. Probably the easiest way would be just to change the name of Poland or something like that.

Thank you sir. I did some poking around and found a guide on how to do it, I think I've got everything down pat.

Is their a way to annex a country's capital, besides full annexation of the country?

For example I am Venice and I have a core on Edrine. I've completely occupied all of the Ottoman's territories in two different wars now but I'm not allowed full annexation nor can I annex Edrine.

Is their a way to annex a country's capital, besides full annexation of the country?

For example I am Venice and I have a core on Edrine. I've completely occupied all of the Ottoman's territories in two different wars now but I'm not allowed full annexation nor can I annex Edrine.

if the nation's capital has no connection to the other provinces (it is 'isolated') then it can be demanded in a peace deal just like any other province - however, if tha capital is in a coastal province, all the nation's other coastal provinces treated as 'connected'

in this particular case, as long as the Ottomans have Edirne and at least one other coastal province, you cannot demand their capital in a peace deal

You can only demand the capital of a country if it has no adjacent provinces. If the capital is a coastal province, it counts as adjacent to all other coastal provinces.

So, demanding a capital as part of a non-annex treaty is difficult, and really only possible for land-locked, isolated capitals.

EDIT: emu'd

Last edited:
I have be playing EU3 Chronicles for only a few days. A situation occurred that has me wondering if this [12 enemy regiments appearing simultaneously in one province] is WAD.

Situation:
-Playing England
-Started in 1399
-Decided to declare war on Scotland as soon as I produced enough combat power
-Produced 28 regiments by spring of 1400
-Declared war and successfully captured all provinces except Highlands and Island to northwest (name?)
-Occupying Highlands with 6 English regiments.
-Graphic shows that Highlands is producing a (one) regiment
-My six regiments in place should probably be able to handle the one regiment when it comes out of production.
-Instead of one regiment coming out of production, 12 Scottish regiments appear simultaneously.

My question – Is this WAD?