• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you guys play mostly european nations?

Cause I love playing non-european underdog countries but reforming the government and westernizing is really a pain the a**. Especially waiting for an administravie 7+ ruler is really exhaustive.

Right now I am playing Chagatayid (tribal federation - self modded) but it is really annoying at some point. So many dirt-poor provinces in that area and you can't even assault Northern India cause of this 10 cities restriction!

Any advices from a veteran?

I hear good things about Death and Taxes.

Can you multibox over LAN with the same copy of EU3?

D&T is good, but buggy for my tastes.

As for your second question, I don't believe you can legally, no.

Do you guys play mostly european nations?

Cause I love playing non-european underdog countries but reforming the government and westernizing is really a pain the a**. Especially waiting for an administravie 7+ ruler is really exhaustive.

Right now I am playing Chagatayid (tribal federation - self modded) but it is really annoying at some point. So many dirt-poor provinces in that area and you can't even assault Northern India cause of this 10 cities restriction!

Any advices from a veteran?

Reforming the government should take priority over westernizing. An unstable government won't be able to handle the stresses of westernization. Your best bet here is to reform the government and then either hope for a good ruler or switch to a republic ASAP. After that, westernize.

Reforming the government should take priority over westernizing. An unstable government won't be able to handle the stresses of westernization. Your best bet here is to reform the government and then either hope for a good ruler or switch to a republic ASAP. After that, westernize.

This is pretty much impossible as a horde in vanilla, since you need Gov 10 and horde research is absolutely crippled past level 6.

Short question about modernizing and westernizing.

I play as ottomans and westernized. When i was back at 3 Stability i modernized my units. But i still have the same units and i am still in the ottoman tech group. What did i do wrong?

I want to start playing multiplayer matches in the next days so I have one question:

I downloaded the german language mod by some guy a while ago, is it possible to play with it or do I have to remove it for multiplayer sessions?

where do you check nation rankings?

Depends on how you want to rank them. Page 1 of the Ledger is nation comparison, however.

You should probably rank by income, it seems the best measure of strength to me.

I want to start playing multiplayer matches in the next days so I have one question:

I downloaded the german language mod by some guy a while ago, is it possible to play with it or do I have to remove it for multiplayer sessions?

If the mod changes your checksum (the four letters in the bottom left of the game's main menu) then you need to remove it. Otherwise, you should be fine. I think you should be alright because localization files don't effect the checksum I believe.

Depends on how you want to rank them. Page 1 of the Ledger is nation comparison, however.

You should probably rank by income, it seems the best measure of strength to me.

If the mod changes your checksum (the four letters in the bottom left of the game's main menu) then you need to remove it. Otherwise, you should be fine. I think you should be alright because localization files don't effect the checksum I believe.

For DW 5.1, the Checksum should be BJLT

What levels 5and 6 buildings I should have in capitol? I think Cathedral etc. are the best in multiplayer because of spy defence?

Depends on what you want. The capital really isn't special when it comes to regular buildings, so just treat it like a normal province for the most part (though you are correct that the government line is nice in multiplayer)

I mean when you click on nation overview it says. "our rank amongst nations is...." then it gives your ranking. I want to see the overall rankings for all nations the ledger doesnt seem to show that. thanks

I mean when you click on nation overview it says. "our rank amongst nations is...." then it gives your ranking. I want to see the overall rankings for all nations the ledger doesnt seem to show that. thanks

The first tab when clicking your shield in the top left? That ranking is prestige if I remember correctly. There IS no overall ranking because it just wouldn't be accurate.