• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It gives you Holy War CB on all heathens (before 1650 of course).
Not to mention the prestige and morale bonuses and extra war exhaustion reduction.

is there a way to avoid the auto white peace after some years of occuping?

I'm currently playing as scandinavia in 1490, and i've long since researched men at arms (I'm at land tech 8), however i cannot produce them in my cores, i can only produce them in cores from nations i have conquered, as far as i understand, it is because i can use the tech they have, while having their cores, however i do not understand why i cannot train men at arms (Or any units other than latin knights and latin medieval infantry)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently playing as scandinavia in 1490, and i've long since researched men at arms (I'm at land tech 8), however i cannot produce them in my cores, i can only produce them in cores from nations i have conquered, as far as i understand, it is because i can use the tech they have, while having their cores, however i do not understand why i cannot train men at arms (Or any units other than latin knights and latin medieval infantry)

You need to set your prefered unit type in the military screen.

Did you changed your preferred unit from the tab?

what is auto white peace?

If you're in a war for five years and there is no violence (i.e. you just occupy provinces instead of fighting or assaulting) the game automatically creates a white peace. This is to stop distant AIs from locking themselves into wars and driving up their WE, as well as to stop abuse of war taxes.

somewhere I read about the overseas enemy provinces after few years of occupation defect to you automaticaly, not just randomly

true?

Used to be true, but it isn't any longer. Colonies can be captured by "Seize Colony" (an option on the bottom of any army's window). For a self-sustaining province:

• Same culture group as the province your opponent holds
  • Less than five war exhaustion
  • Opponent has more than fifteen war exhaustion
  • Province has been occupied for some time

Used to be true, but it isn't any longer. Colonies can be captured by "Seize Colony" (an option on the bottom of any army's window). For a self-sustaining province:

• Same culture group as the province your opponent holds
  • Less than five war exhaustion
  • Opponent has more than fifteen war exhaustion
  • Province has been occupied for some time
these all requirements are met and they fall to my ownership in order I occupied them after that "some time"?

"some time" is not defined but variable?
like in deffection of occupied provinces of other cultures?
sometimes I try waiting for that but it's painfully slow

these all requirements are met and they fall to my ownership in order I occupied them after that "some time"?

"some time" is not defined but variable?
like in deffection of occupied provinces of other cultures?
sometimes I try waiting for that but it's painfully slow

It's variable, yes. It has a MTTH (Mean Time to Happen) of about 3000, meaning it will be anywhere from 25-75 years IIRC. Best just to take it in a peace deal.

At the moment, i have the possibility to make a cultural decision called "Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité" which, next to some other things, decreases tech cost by 20% for 20 years. Does anyone know if there is a time limit on when i can make this decision? Since i am going for Poland into space, it would probably be nice to have this active for the last 20 years, if possible.

Edit: Oh. It is a magistrate decisionthingy. Does that mean i can perform it multiple times? That would be pretty sweet.

I am quoting myself since the question seemed to get lost the last time. I tried looking in the different text files, but could not find this decision anywhere. If it matters, i am Poland Culture Shifted to Liguria.

Here is a picture to prove that i am not hallucinating.

Last edited:
I am quoting myself since the question seemed to get lost the last time. I tried looking in the different text files, but could not find this decision anywhere. If it matters, i am Poland Culture Shifted to Liguria.

Here is a picture to prove that i am not hallucinating.

though I do not known if it is the question you ask but I was able to enact that decision multiple times with different nations.