• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just formed Spain playing Castille ,
Question: Is there a reason i should spend 2 magisters on cultural union on some 7 provinces (Madrid , Toledo, Murcia etc)
This will remove Castille's core from each province ..
What is the reason for that ??
Why just this 7 provinces?
What is the benefit of removing the Castillian Core, is there any ???

Removing cores only really benefits you that there are no more patriot rebels. If you can manage your country, you can easily keep those cores and save the magistrates.

Removing cores only really benefits you that there are no more patriot rebels. If you can manage your country, you can easily keep those cores and save the magistrates.

It would also remove a Reconquest CB if you get rid of all of them; granted, it's way easier (and more fun) to just beat up said country and force them to surrender it in a peace deal.

im playing as france and managed to become the holy roman emperor, i know if you're a member of the hre and u inherit another member u get cores, i was just wondering if the same would happen if im the emperor but not a member, yes i know i can join but i dont want to.

It would also remove a Reconquest CB if you get rid of all of them; granted, it's way easier (and more fun) to just beat up said country and force them to surrender it in a peace deal.

@Avindian , i was Castille until i became Spain ..
@Safferil .. can i get patriots form Castille cores as Castille/Spain ?

I'll just do the decisions .. it's just 3 years of magistrates .. no pob .. nothing happens if i do the cultural unity (except removing the core .. Castillian core .. )but is annoying as hell for me to have it there, the decision flag .. and why only this 7 provinces .. i wonder ..

ok this is a bug ..
requirements for the decision are:
*(province name) is affected by national focus
*Province owner : has 2 magistrates

Looks like i have 8 nation focus at once (in theory, practically i only have Toledo) .. aa i play steam DW vanilla .. and playing for achievements so no cheats no nothing ..

Apparently Toledo is the national focus and all the provinces near it are available for this decision Madrid,Caceres,Badajos,La Mancha,Murcia,Alicante , but why not Valencia also, nvm Somehow Valencia has no castillian core .. althow i had it before Barcelona .. any way .. looking at a lot of provinces for some reason some still have Castillian core some don't ..

Last edited:
In addition you need the province to have your national culture (Hence, Barcelona isn't doable because it's Catalan and not Castillian)
Not same culture, just same culture group, so Barcelona should work.
And the core's original owner must be gone as well, right?
Yes it only works on cores of countries that currently don't own any provinces.

Thanks. Is it possible to get to 72 for several sliders by the time the game ends, or do you have to focus on one or two things?

I've never done it, but it is apparently doable as multiple people have the achievement for maxing all tech sliders.

I'd imagine it involves having a lot of vassals, doing a lot of trade, and being an OPM.

Also being Holland probably helps.