• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am going for the "Poland into space" achievement at the moment. My general plan is to vassalize about everything for 200 years, and then become a OPM and trade a lot.

I have some questions, however. Should i choose a coastal province for that, or does it not matter? Probably getting a CoT in that city would be a smart idea, too.

Do vassals make problems if they are vassalized by a significantly smaller country?

I am going for the "Poland into space" achievement at the moment. My general plan is to vassalize about everything for 200 years, and then become a OPM and trade a lot.

I have some questions, however. Should i choose a coastal province for that, or does it not matter? Probably getting a CoT in that city would be a smart idea, too.

Do vassals make problems if they are vassalized by a significantly smaller country?

Try to get venice or lomardia for that.

You really want to be coastal if you need to trade heavily; without a port you won't be able to trade outside of Europe IIRC.

Ok, a new problem just appeared. I seem to have some provinces which are in the HRE, but where i am the only person that has cores on them. I also am the emperor. I can not sell these to anyone else, right? So i seem wo have to unemperor myself and remove them from the empire, or is there another way?

If i stay at enough infamy, i should be able to lose the next election.

Ok, a new problem just appeared. I seem to have some provinces which are in the HRE, but where i am the only person that has cores on them. I also am the emperor. I can not sell these to anyone else, right? So i seem wo have to unemperor myself and remove them from the empire, or is there another way?

If i stay at enough infamy, i should be able to lose the next election.

I wanna say that youuuu....-miiiight-, very slim possibility, be able to sell them to a nation outside the HRE. Other than that, you are correct in saying that no one will buy them.

Why can't i trade in alexandria, which is held by the mamluks, or astrakhan of the Golden Horde? I am christian, but not at war with them. And usually, if i can't trade somewhere, i can ask the owner to open his market, but in this case, i can't.

Ok, apparently, as soon as i became reformed, i could trade there. Could someone explain how exactly the whole thing works?

Last edited:
Cascading PU?

Hi,
I started a game as Bohemia and was able to get a PU on Poland.
Poland happens to still have a PU with Lithuania.

Can Poland still inherit Lith?
What would happen if I inherit Poland while they still have Lith in PU?
Other oddities I may not be aware of?

Thanks

I just released Segu (in West Africa) as a 3 province vassal but don't get any badboy reduction. What could be the reason?

Colonial conquest?

How do you form persia?
Code:
country_decisions = {

persian_nation = {
		potential = {
			NOT = { exists = PER }
			NOT = { tag = MUG }
			OR = {
				culture_group = iranian
				primary_culture = azerbadjani
			}
		}
		allow = 
		{
			owns = 413		# Luristan
			owns = 414		# Hamadan
			owns = 416		# Azerbaijan	
			owns = 426		# Mazandaran
			owns = 429		# Fars
			owns = 434		# Makran
			owns = 436		# Khurasan
			is_core = 413		# Luristan
			is_core = 414		# Hamadan
			is_core = 416		# Azerbaijan	
			is_core = 426		# Mazandaran
			is_core = 429		# Fars
			is_core = 434		# Makran
			is_core = 436		# Khurasan
			war = no
		}
	  effect = {
			PER = {
				add_core = 413 # Luristan
				add_core = 414 # Hamadan
				add_core = 416 # Azerbaijan
				add_core = 426 # Mazandaran
				add_core = 428 # Ajam
				add_core = 429 # Fars
				add_core = 412 # Khuzestan
				add_core = 417 # Gilan
				add_core = 427 # Gurgan
				add_core = 432 # Khurasan
				add_core = 433 # Dash-i-Lut
				add_core = 434 # Makran
				add_core = 436 # Kerman
			}
			random_owned = {
				base_tax = 1
				change_manpower = 1
			}
			centralization_decentralization = -2
			prestige = 0.05
			change_tag = PER
			PER = {
				government = theocratic_government
			}
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}

}

Code:
country_decisions = {

persian_nation = {
		potential = {
			NOT = { exists = PER }
			NOT = { tag = MUG }
			OR = {
				culture_group = iranian
				primary_culture = azerbadjani
			}
		}
		allow = 
		{
			owns = 413		# Luristan
			owns = 414		# Hamadan
			owns = 416		# Azerbaijan	
			owns = 426		# Mazandaran
			owns = 429		# Fars
			owns = 434		# Makran
			owns = 436		# Khurasan
			is_core = 413		# Luristan
			is_core = 414		# Hamadan
			is_core = 416		# Azerbaijan	
			is_core = 426		# Mazandaran
			is_core = 429		# Fars
			is_core = 434		# Makran
			is_core = 436		# Khurasan
			war = no
		}
	  effect = {
			PER = {
				add_core = 413 # Luristan
				add_core = 414 # Hamadan
				add_core = 416 # Azerbaijan
				add_core = 426 # Mazandaran
				add_core = 428 # Ajam
				add_core = 429 # Fars
				add_core = 412 # Khuzestan
				add_core = 417 # Gilan
				add_core = 427 # Gurgan
				add_core = 432 # Khurasan
				add_core = 433 # Dash-i-Lut
				add_core = 434 # Makran
				add_core = 436 # Kerman
			}
			random_owned = {
				base_tax = 1
				change_manpower = 1
			}
			centralization_decentralization = -2
			prestige = 0.05
			change_tag = PER
			PER = {
				government = theocratic_government
			}
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}

}

Yea started up a game as Qara. Gonna change my capital to a persian province and change primary culture. Then form the nation. Shouldn't be too hard, Qara is decently endowed at the start.

Hi guys,

Anyone know where I can find the manual to the game?

On the game disc or whereever you bought the game online.

Why can't i trade in alexandria, which is held by the mamluks, or astrakhan of the Golden Horde? I am christian, but not at war with them. And usually, if i can't trade somewhere, i can ask the owner to open his market, but in this case, i can't.

Ok, apparently, as soon as i became reformed, i could trade there. Could someone explain how exactly the whole thing works?

Is Alexandria outside your trade range?
European powers can only trade through horde-owned CoTs after they've been defeated in battle since they can't "Open Market" because you can't send diplomats their way.

How do you form persia?

Remember to switch culture to Persian first. You won't be able to after you form Persia since it's a union nation.