• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Playing as England and want to conquer the remaining French lands (about four provinces). Problem is that France is in a PU under Spain. It seems like I can declare war on France, which I wasn't too sure about. Just wondering do I have to kick Spain's ass in order to annex the French lands, since they are the senior partner in the PU, or is it enough to beat France to 100% warscore and eat them?

My plan was to concentrate against France in the north and use a defensive screen against Spain in the south.

Is this feasible?

The PUs are just like vassalages. Need to conquer the senior in order to ask something from the junior.
In this game of yours, what is the status of Aragon ??

What is the cool down duration on moving the national focus?
20 years.
common\defines.txt:
Code:
	7300 # _CDEF_NATIONAL_FOCUS_BASE_COOLDOWN_; Days until the national focus can be moved (multiplied with government adm efficiency)
(Not sure if the government's AE [the same number that affects policy slider moves] actually has effect.)

Probably a northern italy province that borders a lot of others.

The PUs are just like vassalages. Need to conquer the senior in order to ask something from the junior.
In this game of yours, what is the status of Aragon ??

Sorry, I meant Castille in my earlier post btw, not Spain. So, France is in a PU under Castille.

Aragon is independent. What are you thinking? Ally with them against Castille?

(Do you realize what happens if Castille inherits France :))? That will be a very very heavy thing to deal with)

Not, under any circumstances, ally with Aragon. They are an useless ally against Castille and you don't want to loose manpower in releasing their regions.
I was thinking in declare war on Aragon, ask them to cut any relations they have with Castille then integrate them in you Sphere of influence if possible. Make sure that Castille doesn't have Millitary Acces through their territory and after that just find and blockade their LARGEST fleet in one place, so they can't reach in France.

But i have some doubts against the Military Access mechanics as i have seen many times armies passing in countries that don't allowed them to do it ...
Also i suppose that Aragon is guaranteed or allied with Castille ... and I hope that Castille doesn't own any province from the Pirinees mountains :D

But i have some doubts against the Military Access mechanics as i have seen many times armies passing in countries that don't allowed them to do it ...
1. Anyone involved in a war that includes the HRE Emperor can pass through any province in the HRE freely.
2. Any country at war can pass through its allies' provinces freely (even if they are not in the war).

Go to war with the electors and force convert them to Othodoxy. You may also want to vassalize them because then they'll be even more inclined to vote for you (though that may take two wars - force converting is more important because as a vassal they still won't vote for heretics and as Orthodox nations they don't have many options other than you, especially since you're in the HRE).

This is not correct. Religion does not matter. A catholic or protestant or reformed vassal will vote for their [christian] overlord even if the overlord is of different religion. If relations with the vassal drops too much, then their vote will go somewhere else (vassalage only adds 250 points to the rating).

This is not correct. Religion does not matter. A catholic or protestant or reformed vassal will vote for their [christian] overlord even if the overlord is of different religion. If relations with the vassal drops too much, then their vote will go somewhere else (vassalage only adds 250 points to the rating).

Ok. I just remember seeing the tooltip say "-1000 Heretics will never be supported" or something like that, and that would seem to cancel out the vassalage bonus.

Ok. I just remember seeing the tooltip say "-1000 Heretics will never be supported" or something like that, and that would seem to cancel out the vassalage bonus.

That negation doesn't appear when the nation is your vassal. It's almost entirely there to incite purges of heresy, which you're unlikely to do on a vassal. Or, at least, that's my interpretation of why the -1000 disappears.

Well ... South America has lots of coffee and sugar. INCA have GOLD, Mayans have GOLD and Coffee and in north America there is lot of cotton :))

Can someone tell me if there is a way to see your nation population? I play as France and i have more than 20 cities with 999999 population ...

Is there any source on which provinces in which area have what chance to have what good?
( COLONIES)

I'm pretty sure there was one on the wiki, but I can't find it right now... :(

This is more of a modding question, but how do I change the display name of a nation? I know that some things (like national adjectives) require altering the localization files, but what if I just want "Louisiana" to say "Armandiana"?

Also, would anyone else be really interested in a ""Quick modding questions / Quick modding answers" thread?