• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have just had Hungaries army walk freely through my lands and they are not part of the HRE. If a non member is at war with a member (aquillia and bohemia here), does that non member get the right to walk through my lands like the member? Hungary hadn't just lost a battle either.

Yes.

edit - Yes, but only through the provinces you own that are in the HRE.

edit 2 - So as Spain, I can march through the few French provinces that are in the HRE when I end up at war with a HRE member, but not the rest of France that is outside of the HRE.

Last edited:
Hi,
is there any difference between Muslim Foot Soldier (0 0 1 0 1 1) and Muslim Archer (0 0 1 0 1 1 )?
They look like the same, but the icon for better units still shows and the advice says Muslim Archer are a superior unit.

Thanx

Hi,
is there any difference between Muslim Foot Soldier (0 0 1 0 1 1) and Muslim Archer (0 0 1 0 1 1 )?
They look like the same, but the icon for better units still shows and the advice says Muslim Archer are a superior unit.

Thanx

not really, they are the same if they stats are same and are of same type (infantry/cavalry)
real unit strength is equal to unit stats multiplied by efficiency showed in military screen. So if your fire eff. for infatry is 0.05 and melee is 0.8 then infantry unit with 1 1 stats will have effectively 0.05 fire damage and 0.8 melee damage.

I have some modding questions, but I don't think they deserve their own thread over there so I figured I'd ask here :D

There are no prices labeled inside the unit files (in \common\units), so I'm not sure if I'm missing something here. I want to edit unit prices/build times etc but I can't find the appropriate information (if it exists or if I'm in the right place and/or need to ADD lines?)

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
I have some modding questions, but I don't think they deserve their own thread over there so I figured I'd ask here :D

The \common\units folder is missing some of the units (man/men at arms for example) and there are no prices labeled inside, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something here. I want to edit unit prices/build times etc but I can't find the appropriate files (if they exist or if I'm in the right place and/or need to ADD lines?)

\common\defines.txt,

Code:
military={...
	9.0	#_MDEF_INFANTRY_COST_,		
	21.0	#_MDEF_CAVALRY_COST_,		
	30.0	#_MDEF_ARTILLERY_COST_,		
	50	#_MDEF_BIG_SHIP_COST_,		
	20	#_MDEF_LIGHT_SHIP_COST_,	
	10	#_MDEF_GALLEY_COST_,		
	12	#_MDEF_TRANSPORT_COST_,		
	60	#_MDEF_INFANTRY_TIME_,		
	90	#_MDEF_CAVALRY_TIME_,		
	120	#_MDEF_ARTILLERY_TIME_,		
	365	#_MDEF_BIG_SHIP_TIME_,		
	180	#_MDEF_LIGHT_SHIP_TIME_,	
	180	#_MDEF_GALLEY_TIME_,		
	180	#_MDEF_TRANSPORT_TIME_,	

PS: u cant set individual prices for unit types by tech level, only basic price for category (inf/cav/art) no matter what tech level...

Last edited:
How did Bohemia react to that? (assuming they run the HRE). I got steamrolled by them when I took that mission, then to make things worse my allies took the province my mission was about. I wish I never declared war, lol.

I had made them my ally to start. So I guess when i went to war with Milan, instead of declaring war on me, Bohemia just annulled our alliance. Same situation with Bavaria. I did this because, like you, my first attempt had half of the region declare war on me.
Still figuring out little nuances like this. At first it was frustrating, but then I realized how much I had to play the political game just to slowly acquire more Imperial territory. That was the moment I knew I loved this game.

Back to Questions!:
1) One area I am still lacking, is knowledge of the financial situation. I stay in the positive cash flow so thats good...but I don't really know how to make heads or tails of the CoT offer to have exclusive access to one of my goods.
+66% local production and -25% local tax per zone that has that Trade Good...
Is it as simple as multiplying those numbers against the production value and tax value of the provinces in question? Then just subtracting the resulting numbers and hope its positive?

+66% local production and -25% local tax per zone that has that Trade Good...
Is it as simple as multiplying those numbers against the production value and tax value of the provinces in question? Then just subtracting the resulting numbers and hope its positive?

My rule of thumb is based on how much I make from that COT and how much that prod value of that province is. If I think the bump in prod will be bigger than the decrease in that COT that province trades in, it's a good deal.

Wow, i didn't even calculate the CoT portion of that.
Just to clarify, if I go ahead with this deal (lets say to Hansa) the CoT for that province (lets say Venice) will lose value. If i dont have any merchants in Venice, then I have less to worry about losing overall?

If the province trades through Venice and you have no merchants in Venice, you'll lose absolutely nothing from that local trade penalty.

And it isn't a "local tax penalty", unless we're talking about different events.

Thanks OrangeYoshi, and you are correct about it being local trade instead of local tax. I must have read that dialog a dozen times and kept reading it wrong. I'm sure that didn't help my confusion at the time. In fact I don't think I ever made the connection (until now) that the Local Trade value is what Number gets sent to the CoT. How about that, answering a question i hadn't even thought of yet. Thanks again!

Another modding question! I'm trying to reduce the stability hit from changing national ideas, where would I venture to change this? I've been googling/searching without much luck. Heck if someone could just point me to the right file that'd be enough. Thanks!

Also! Casus Belli stability hits, for example I'm trying to change the truce breaking stab hit to 3 instead of 5 and the no casus belli from 2 to 1. If someone could just point me to the right area I'm sure I could figure out, thanks again :D

Last edited:
As the leader of a perosnal union does the lesser country pay half their income ?

No.

Another modding question! I'm trying to reduce the stability hit from changing national ideas, where would I venture to change this? I've been googling/searching without much luck. Heck if someone could just point me to the right file that'd be enough. Thanks!

Also! Casus Belli stability hits, for example I'm trying to change the truce breaking stab hit to 3 instead of 5 and the no casus belli from 2 to 1. If someone could just point me to the right area I'm sure I could figure out, thanks again :D

I can't remember exactly where it is you can change that. However, if you go to the Magna Mundi mod forum, that mod changes the effects from changing NIs, so I'm sure you could get some help there.

I always wondered one thing. What happends if you go further with domestic policies than your goverment system allows? I mean as a tribal goverment ( in any kind) if I switch centralitation or innovative near 0 or under 0 when, what are the consecuencies? I have done it sometimes but I never knew what it does exactly.