• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With a majority of Catholic provinces I turned to Protetstant faith (with a peace deal, no stability hit).
My navy supply limit dropped from 134 to 90 while the land supply limit dropped only from 241 to 238.
How is the base supply limit calculated?

Naval supply is halved from provinces of the wrong religion. Land supply isn't.

Oh. So it's only monthly taxes and not yearly "bonus" taxes then?
Constables have nothing to do with gold at all.
If you build a trade depot though for example which gives +1 trade value you would get that income in a gold province (trade contributed to CoT and production income, not gold income). Since you must also have a marketplace to get a trade depot you would also get its +10% bonus but only on that +1, not on the gold income.

So if you built a constable on a base 1 tax province, it would pretty much double your tax income from that province?
No. A constable gives a 25% increase so you would get an extra 0.25 yearly income. A workshop would double your tax income (yearly and monthly).

Edit: Uh... where does it store screenshots? I can't find them anyplace. I just installed Win7
C:\Users\YOUR-NAME-HERE\AppData\Local\VirtualStore then look for the Paradox Interactive/EUIII folder.

If you're using Win7, the advice is don't install EUIII (or any other game for that matter) to the default Program Files folder, because Win7 has lots of new "security" features to "protect" you from things like mods and screenshots and patches - um, I mean from viruses. (Since it can't tell the difference.) Instead you should create a new folder called something like "C:\Games" and install all your games there instead.

Here's a question for you:

I wanted to play as Holland with the D&T mod. In D&T, you start out with Hainaut as a junior in a PU, instead of the other way around. Now, the most important thing about Holland is that you have to keep Burgundy from eating you in the first century or so. This is fairly easy normally, as they will generally not attack Holland because I keep the DoW stab hits high. However, it is quite inevitable that they DoW Hainaut sooner or later, and as my lesser in the union, I apparently must automatically come to their defence, becoming the leader in the war as well. Even when you disband the alliance between Hainaut and Holland, you are still forced to come to their aid they won't accept peace until you are annexed.. Also, France wont accept my alliance offer and 10 years is not enough for the great King Albert to die in order to disband the union.
Do you have any advice on how to stop the inevitable destruction by Burgundy, other than save-and-reload for either an early death?

Please register your base game and ask this question in the D&T mod thread.

No. A constable gives a 25% increase so you would get an extra 0.25 yearly income. A workshop would double your tax income (yearly and monthly).

Wouldn't a workshop triple it (+2 tax, 1 base tax to begin with)?

I dont want to save&load because this destroy my game feeling. But I have question about war and ally. I play Silesia, I got two provinces now. And Im in alliance with Bohemia, if I call them to my war I lose leader in that war? Or its only in defensive wars?

I dont want to save&load because this destroy my game feeling. But I have question about war and ally. I play Silesia, I got two provinces now. And Im in alliance with Bohemia, if I call them to my war I lose leader in that war? Or its only in defensive wars?

If you're the offensive party, you will never have war leadership taken from you.

Otherwise Bohemia would probably jack it when it comes to defense.

What happens if you PU a country leading a PU? For example, say I PU'd Denmark while it had PUs with Norway and Sweden. Would the PUs transfer to me or would they become independent?

And is it possible to inherit while at war?

What happens if you PU a country leading a PU? For example, say I PU'd Denmark while it had PUs with Norway and Sweden. Would the PUs transfer to me or would they become independent?

And is it possible to inherit while at war?

This happened to me in a previous game; you would inherit Denmark, but the other two countries would be set free.

No, you cannot inherit while at war.

My game seems to have de-registered. I brought Chronicles back in the summer, and the Divine Wind is registered. But HTTT and Chronicles are not, and it says the key has already been used. Very confused about this.

Did you buy it off of Steam?

EDIT: If you did, read this.

I did buy it off Steam a couple months ago. That's the thing - my game should already be registered, as I did that stuff, got the code, and entered it back when that was a big problem. But it isn't registered.
And the fact is, that Divine Wind is registered, but HTTT is not and it claims that the code I have for it has already been used. So I think somehow my game got de-registered.

C:\Users\YOUR-NAME-HERE\AppData\Local\VirtualStore then look for the Paradox Interactive/EUIII folder.

If you're using Win7, the advice is don't install EUIII (or any other game for that matter) to the default Program Files folder, because Win7 has lots of new "security" features to "protect" you from things like mods and screenshots and patches - um, I mean from viruses. (Since it can't tell the difference.) Instead you should create a new folder called something like "C:\Games" and install all your games there instead.

Yea, it seems to be hiding all my screenshots someplace. I can't even locate them with the search function. I hate Microsoft. I wish there was some competition for them so they'd have to make software actually 'better'.

Yea, it seems to be hiding all my screenshots someplace. I can't even locate them with the search function. I hate Microsoft. I wish there was some competition for them so they'd have to make software actually 'better'.

There should be a button (there is for me) that says "Show Compatibility Files"; that brings them up for me.