• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sometimes I get an event, which lets me get a core on one of my neighbors provinces. Is there any way to increase how often this happends, without editing?
Border dispute. Having a good admin/diplo ruler and -50 relations are everything you can do AFAIK.

Sometimes I get an event, which lets me get a core on one of my neighbors provinces. Is there any way to increase how often this happends, without editing?
You need a ruler with 8 or 9 in Diplomacy and have less than 0.3 or 0.6 in Infamy.
You can find the event 'Boundary Dispute' in you install folder : C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\events\. The file to look for is RandomEvents.txt

So I'm playing with Taira and have taken all of Japan expect one province (capital of tachibana). Sometime in the pas I made tachibana release minamoto and they adopted confucianism. I started a war to annex minamoto which succeeded but manchu intervened as defender of the faith. I have fought war for many years now with manchu with the score a few percents in the plus. It is obvious that neither can win the war so I want to make peace. But there is the problem, I cannot sue manchu for peace, the window will open for a few seconds and then disappear. I wonder if this is intended behaviour, perhaps it has to do with the influence of the shogun (which is 100). Is there something gameplaywise I have to do or is this a bug?

how to increase the income from gold mines?

The income seems not to be affected by trade or production buildings?
Gold is not trade or production so any % bonus buildings will have no effect. Buildings that give +1 trade will still have effect though.
The only thing that will actually increase the gold income is increasing the Units values by getting more population or more base tax.

Sometimes a 6 star advisor gets a nice random +2 stability event. Can the same advisor get two such events or do I sack him for another 6 star advisor to get that event?

What are the factors?
You can only get one such event for each type of advisor (and 5 star advisors get them as well). See events\GreatMen.txt .

You need a ruler with 8 or 9 in Diplomacy
No you don't. It helps though.
...and have less than 0.3 or 0.6 in Infamy.
No you don't, having over 0.3 or 0.6 times the infamy limit increases MTTH though.

Here's a question for you:

I wanted to play as Holland with the D&T mod. In D&T, you start out with Hainaut as a junior in a PU, instead of the other way around. Now, the most important thing about Holland is that you have to keep Burgundy from eating you in the first century or so. This is fairly easy normally, as they will generally not attack Holland because I keep the DoW stab hits high. However, it is quite inevitable that they DoW Hainaut sooner or later, and as my lesser in the union, I apparently must automatically come to their defence, becoming the leader in the war as well. Even when you disband the alliance between Hainaut and Holland, you are still forced to come to their aid they won't accept peace until you are annexed.. Also, France wont accept my alliance offer and 10 years is not enough for the great King Albert to die in order to disband the union.
Do you have any advice on how to stop the inevitable destruction by Burgundy, other than save-and-reload for either an early death?

Gold is not trade or production so any % bonus buildings will have no effect. Buildings that give +1 trade will still have effect though.
The only thing that will actually increase the gold income is increasing the Units values by getting more population or more base tax.

Does that mean if I build a constable in a gold-producing province, the increase in tax will increase the gold production?

Oh. So it's only monthly taxes and not yearly "bonus" taxes then?
Base tax is a number from which both monthly and yearly census taxes are derived by applying modifiers. For example, a province with a base tax of 5 might have these modifiers for census tax:

+10% Land Province
+90% Core
+25% Constable

in which case it would give 5*(0.1+0.9+0.25) = 6.25 ducats on Jan 1.

Can someone explain me as briefly as allowed by the topic name, the process of inheriting a nation?

It's unfortunately not much of a process. Once you have a PU with another nation, you might inherit it when your monarch dies (provided the PU remains intact). I don't know of any way to speed up the MTTH. Your option (with DW) is to Integrate after 50 years; this will deprive you of any insta-cores, however.

Well, Sir ... how can i obtain a PU? It is as annoying as possible.
Every time i find a country with weak claim / no heir and i royal marriage them. After this i hit the Claim the throne option and gain a Claim to throne CB :) But how I am supposed to use it while RM?

And of course that after a few months i loose the claim :(

It's unfortunately not much of a process. Once you have a PU with another nation, you might inherit it when your monarch dies (provided the PU remains intact). I don't know of any way to speed up the MTTH. Your option (with DW) is to Integrate after 50 years; this will deprive you of any insta-cores, however.

If you are at war when your monarch dies, you will not inherit. That is important.

Well, Sir ... how can i obtain a PU? It is as annoying as possible.
Every time i find a country with weak claim / no heir and i royal marriage them. After this i hit the Claim the throne option and gain a Claim to throne CB :) But how I am supposed to use it while RM?

And of course that after a few months i loose the claim :(

You just take the stability hit and declare war.