• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's it!

I read "monarch as a leader" like "monarch leader of my country" .... thanks a lot!

I found something strange playing today as Holland.
I colonised all America (north and south) except island (carribeans, falklands ecc...) and then I released vassals in Europe, left the HRE and sold all the provinces to my vassals except than Holland (the capital).
Then I moved the capital in north America and annexed during 50 years all my vassals in europe.
It's 1750 and many provinces in america became cores of USA. Quebec, Peru'...
Now the revolts are starting, but they start in my european provinces instead of my american provinces! maybe because I moved capital?

I found something strange playing today as Holland.
I colonised all America (north and south) except island (carribeans, falklands ecc...) and then I released vassals in Europe, left the HRE and sold all the provinces to my vassals except than Holland (the capital).
Then I moved the capital in north America and annexed during 50 years all my vassals in europe.
It's 1750 and many provinces in america became cores of USA. Quebec, Peru'...
Now the revolts are starting, but they start in my european provinces instead of my american provinces! maybe because I moved capital?

I think that is exactly what is happening, it probably only happens to overseas provinces, and with you having a NA capitol, overseas means europe.

I think that is exactly what is happening, it probably only happens to overseas provinces, and with you having a NA capitol, overseas means europe.

lol, this is the best bug ever. Could you upload your savegame somewhere? =D

here is the link if someone wants to try (33.5 MB).
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R7NWGL2M (hope it functions, I tried but seems not functioning)
I'm sorry but I continued to play in the afternoon and now the date is 1776.
I released Canada (in theory I wanted to liberate as vassals USA and all the other american nations, but the only one I could free was Canada).
Maybe some other country is still going to have cores in america.
Another strange thing is that there was a rebellion to free Brazil and guess where the patriots revolted?
in my colony in Ceylon ahahah:blink:

By the way, is there a thread where people can post their save games explaining the political situation?
IMHO it could be very interesting to play some games at some points (I remember someone who had a savegame as Burgundy and the HRE formed and attacked him without dissolving for the revolts, never happened to me).

I just registered to Megaupload, now I can see the file :p

Last edited:
By the way, is there a thread where people can post their save games explaining the political situation?
IMHO it could be very interesting to play some games at some points (I remember someone who had a savegame as Burgundy and the HRE formed and attacked him without dissolving for the revolts, never happened to me).
You could post it in the AAR subforum.

If you just plan to post a save without much of a story as to how it got there, it should be in the base forum (Europa Universalis III)

If you plan to post a save with a story of it up to that point, it should be in the AAR subforum (Europa Universalis III -> After Action Reports)

If you just plan to post a save without much of a story as to how it got there, it should be in the base forum (Europa Universalis III)

If you plan to post a save with a story of it up to that point, it should be in the AAR subforum (Europa Universalis III -> After Action Reports)

To elaborate on that: if you're thinking of 2-3 paragraphs of explanation with your map, try the post your empire thread

If you were thinking about a longer story of your successes with many pictures, better make an AAR out of it.

To elaborate on that: if you're thinking of 2-3 paragraphs of explanation with your map, try the post your empire thread

If you were thinking about a longer story of your successes with many pictures, better make an AAR out of it.

Yes, I was thinking about a small explanation of a savegame introducing the history and 2-3 maps and then post to the forum so that other people could enjoy a game where they can play in a strange situation (maybe one never seen in their games).
I didn't know it was in that subforum. thanks :)

Not a specific question, but I was wondering about Castille vs England multiplayer strategy, from either side (I didn't want to make a new thread; should I?).

If it stems into a large debate, a new thread should probably be used to keep this one tidy. As for multiplayer in general, bear in mind that humans are more rational and predicable than the AI. And they will get annoyed if you have a ceaseless vendetta against them.

Okay this may be a dumb question to some, but I've only been playing a week or so and I have one very basic economic question. Why am I only allowed to balance my monthly budget by minting more money? I have found no way to cut my spending level on research costs. I'm only to re-allocate it between the different techs. It seems I am forced to choose between deficit spending or increasing inflation. Spending cuts do not seem to be an option at all. I know that would slow research a bit, but shouldn't that be a decision I can make as a head of state?

Okay this may be a dumb question to some, but I've only been playing a week or so and I have one very basic economic question. Why am I only allowed to balance my monthly budget by minting more money? I have found no way to cut my spending level on research costs. I'm only to re-allocate it between the different techs. It seems I am forced to choose between deficit spending or increasing inflation. Spending cuts do not seem to be an option at all. I know that would slow research a bit, but shouldn't that be a decision I can make as a head of state?

I think they've made so the money you earn must go somewhere. And if you don't use it up - it will end up in your treasury. Which could cause inflation.
You can lower your military maintenance if you want to (in the military tab).