• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
how would i westernize as byzantium, ive almost fully annexed the ottamans so i have a few provinces that are right next to venice, so how would i do it?
Get the right sliders and wait until Venice is 20 tech levels ahead of you.

I don't Know if this will be quick but how do i make a country vote for me? they are my best friends and i a royal marriage but they still wont vote for me
Mouse over their flag in the HRE window and it will tell you how they are evaluating who to vote for.

Actaully, they are better due to the fact of being a general and most players will get auto leader bonuses.
This is exactly what I posted about earlier in the thread; why do you think this? Do you have a reliable source or some evidence that it works that way?
All my experience says that leader bonuses ONLY affect leaders when they are created; if you create a 0-0-0-0 leader and then get some bonuses they will not help that leader at all.

This is exactly what I posted about earlier in the thread; why do you think this? Do you have a reliable source or some evidence that it works that way?
All my experience says that leader bonuses ONLY affect leaders when they are created; if you create a 0-0-0-0 leader and then get some bonuses they will not help that leader at all.

I sympathize with how you politely and objectively ask for evidence in situations like this jdrou, but you're likely one of the most knowledgeable people concerning the inner workings of this game and I think it's safe to assume that they just guessed it works like that, and your explanation is most probably right.

Thanks; I always try to stop the spread of bad info on the forum whenever I can but there's always a chance I'm wrong so if they do have evidence I'd like to see it.

How can someone even make a 0-0-0-0 general?
It may be theoretically possible if you create a general with 0 tradition; I don't think I've ever seen one though. It's also possible that the game enforces a minimum of at least one point in some stat.

thats why i made the question cuz i dont know!!! what sliders man?? i remember reading somethin abbout my emperor is supposed to have like 7 adm skill or somethin too

could u just tell me EVERYTHING about westernizing pls?

1sliders.jpg

Sliders! Also known as 'domestic policy sliders'.

thats why i made the question cuz i dont know!!! what sliders man?? i remember reading somethin abbout my emperor is supposed to have like 7 adm skill or somethin too

Please use proper sentences and words when posting on this forum.

Go to your national decisions tab and put your mouse pointer over the question mark next to the "westernize" decision. This will tell you exactly the requirements. Fulfill these, and you will westernize.
domestic policy sliders ftw!

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Westernisation

i try to get the "polan can into space" achievement (normal settings). it's 1700 now, i'm the emperor, all techs are at 37, i'm a 2pm with half of europa as my vasalls, 0 inflation.
the problem is: i were not able to westernize in the 1400s - 1500s and now i'm far away in tech stats.

is it still possible to get all techs at 72 in 120 years? or would i waste my time?

edit: got 6stars advisors for gov, trade and prod + university and textil manufactory

p.s. is it better in general to push always just one tech til the next level or to split the budget?

thanks

i try to get the "polan can into space" achievement (normal settings). it's 1700 now, i'm the emperor, all techs are at 37, i'm a 2pm with half of europa as my vasalls, 0 inflation.
the problem is: i were not able to westernize in the 1400s - 1500s and now i'm far away in tech stats.

is it still possible to get all techs at 72 in 120 years? or would i waste my time?

edit: got 6stars advisors for gov, trade and prod + university and textil manufactory

p.s. is it better in general to push always just one tech til the next level or to split the budget?

thanks

I did it without westernizing.

If you're not getting ahead of time penalties, focusing on one tech is more efficient. If you do, it's better to spread the investments.

Seeking some information about the economy on this game.

When I load a saved game as Milan with most of Italy conquered I only have 1 star in economy yet I thought northern Italian provinces were rich. Why is my economy so bad and how would I improve it? What buildings should I be building? Is there any value in building trade buildings if I don't trade (sliders are too bad, lots of infamy in annexing Napoli and a few others so I am just waiting till I conquer Venezia and Genoa).

Seeking some information about the economy on this game.

When I load a saved game as Milan with most of Italy conquered I only have 1 star in economy yet I thought northern Italian provinces were rich. Why is my economy so bad and how would I improve it? What buildings should I be building? Is there any value in building trade buildings if I don't trade (sliders are too bad, lots of infamy in annexing Napoli and a few others so I am just waiting till I conquer Venezia and Genoa).
I've never really understood the military/economy/diplomacy pips in the selection screen so I usually just ignore them. They definitely don't make much sense though, so don't worry about them; use the Nation Statistics page for a better idea of how people are doing.

Trade buildings are good, first because (as you said) you'll soon own at least two CoTs, but also because they improve the province's production income.