• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I see some people whose trying to get economies to the top are putting 1k units there and here.. and there.. etc.
Why? How does that contribute to the economy?

Grain demand is increased for every grain province that has an army in it or some such. The effect on grain prices isn't very large I believe, but apparently enough for some.

Is there a mod out there that just adds in the blank regions on the map?

Im not after a mod that changes the gameplay etc... Just that I am planning on starting a Navara migration to America game, and I would rather not have those massive blank areas in the USA lol.

I see some people whose trying to get economies to the top are putting 1k units there and here.. and there.. etc.
Why? How does that contribute to the economy?

Grain demand is increased for every grain province that has an army in it or some such. The effect on grain prices isn't very large I believe, but apparently enough for some.

Having an army in a grain province decreases supply by 100%. In a normal game the price of grain is around 4 ducats or so, in one of those games:

WpVjp.jpg

Seeing as how around 20% or so of the world ~1300 provinces end up being grain (unless you get impossibly bad colonial luck), it ends up making quite a big difference.

Is there a way to eliminate revolt risk altogether, cheating or non?

Normal revolt risk, yes. Once it's <0, you have no revolt risk. Minimum revolt risk you cannot decrease. Also not by cheating, as far as I know.

The main source of revolt risk is Nationalism in recently annexed non-core provinces, so if you don't take uncored provinces revolt risk is pretty much irrelevant. Also, stationing an army in a province will reduce revolt risk by 1% per regiment and minimum revolt risk by 0.5% per regiment. (So, an 18-stack will completely suppress revolt risk even with 30 years left on the nationalism clock.)

If you want to cheat, just go into the game files and remove any "local_revolt_risk", "minimum_revolt_risk", and "global_revolt_risk" line with a positive number on the right-hand side of the "=".

(And register your game!)

Having an army in a grain province decreases supply by 100%. In a normal game the price of grain is around 4 ducats or so, in one of those games:

WpVjp.jpg

Seeing as how around 20% or so of the world ~1300 provinces end up being grain (unless you get impossibly bad colonial luck), it ends up making quite a big difference.

Oh nice. Btw, shouldn't be in every province and not just grain provinces? or?
Btw. So if there's less grain in the world, it's worth more?

Last edited:
Oh nice. Btw, shouldn't be in every province and not just grain provinces? or?
Btw. So if there's less grain in the world, it's worth more?
Yes. Just like real life.

What can I do against Excommunication?
Prevention: If your relations with the Papal State are above 100, you can't be excommunicated.

Cure 1: Sufficiently improve your diplomatic status with the current papal controller. Alternatively, if you're a republic, raise your relations with the Papal State above 100, then replace your ruler at the next election.

Cure 2: Don't be Catholic.

How much difference in fighting does Land tech 8 vs. 7? Because when I get attacked by France as Castillian with ~30 armies in provinces in Pyrenees no matter what army-mix I choose I always loose against them. Even with their -5 to environment... :/

In my current game as Sweden I , after randomly inheriting a province with Dutch culture, began accepting Dutch and shunning Finnish culture monthly. After a couple of months I stopped removing Dutch, but reinstating Finnish, as an accepted culture via savefile editing; now it just removes Finnish on the first day of every month.
I fail to locate any event doing this, the only thing I've found is a localisation tag, ACCEPTEDCULTURELOST_1, in localisation/text.csv - unfortunately, grep won't show any other file matching it.
Any help with alleviating this would be much appreciated.

Edit: using a manually triggered event to add Finnish as an accepted culture; on September 1, 1677 I got six (6) pop-ups about the culture removal...

Edit 2: Two questions about diplomacy, while I'm logged in...
a> How do I make the game pause when I get a call to arms from an ally?
b> Is there some easy way to locate the capital of a foreign country?

Last edited:
Yes, but i would assume that in real life, if you have soldiers eating all your grain, you probably won't make a lot of profit from it. Which in this case seems to be different.

In real life demand also goes down since the people eating your grain don't need grain anymore, and a lot of the demand for purchased grain comes from armies. It's unrealistic, to be sure, but grain was worth a whole lot more than it is in-game, so I don't see a problem with it. It's when it gets up to the 600 or 700 ducat prices that I find it ridiculous.