• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So if I make a change such as this, am I sacrificing my ability to play multiplayer? How do modders get around that?

Well, you copy your game folder and have two or more versions of the game. One you change and play SP, one you keep Vanilla and play MP.

I for example still have an HTTT version on my PC for an ongoing MP.

Well, you copy your game folder and have two or more versions of the game. One you change and play SP, one you keep Vanilla and play MP.

I for example still have an HTTT version on my PC for an ongoing MP.

Thanks for the answers (just one more question!). If I copy the files, will this mess up any saved games I have?

Also (well, one more question), if I make the changes and then revert to vanilla, will I get my checksum back?

Sorry if this as already been answered, but is it possible to do trade when we have a small country midway with slider between mercantilism and free trade? I tried sometimes and that seems to be a loss in money.

Also, after 1500, it seems harder to earn prestige without military victory. Is there any way to change that?

Sorry if this as already been answered, but is it possible to do trade when we have a small country midway with slider between mercantilism and free trade? I tried sometimes and that seems to be a loss in money.

You probably are taking a loss in trading if you are a OPM and aren't free trade. Just stop until you get your compete chances up.

I have a King that I want to die, so I can inherit Russia before the game ends. Aside from turning him into a general, what else can I do to speed up the process?

Also, how do you switch from one government type to another? It lists Noble Republic as being switchable from Despotic Monarchy but it's grayed out.

I have a King that I want to die, so I can inherit Russia before the game ends. Aside from turning him into a general, what else can I do to speed up the process?

Also, how do you switch from one government type to another? It lists Noble Republic as being switchable from Despotic Monarchy but it's grayed out.

What's your stability? If you don't have enough stability (like if you just switched into Despotic Monarchy) then I don't believe you can change governments. Good choice by the way, Noble Republics are the bomb.

You can not change your government to a republic as long as you are in a personal union.

couldn't find this in the wiki. What are the requirements to get the annexation option in a war for EU 3 complete (EU3 + first 2 expansions)? Specifically I have a vassal with 2 provinces, I canceled vassal, declared war, took the two provinces and killed all the armies/navies: 100% victory, but the annex option is grayed out?
You have to reduce them to an OPM before you can annex them.
UNLESS you're using certain CBs that allow annexation of non-OPMs:
-Conquest
-Reconquest
-Nationalism
-Imperialism
-Revolutionary War
-Holy War
-Dishonorable Scum
-War on Pagans
-Tribal Feud
-Horde
-Claim Throne

Started a new game as Austria, because i wanted to give the whole HRE complexity a shot since I keep reading about it in this thread. I think I am loving how crazy this whole area of Europe is, much more exciting then my first game as Portugal.

My question is kind of vague, and for that I apologize in advance.

I fought a war with Aquilna? The country just south of Austria, and got them as a vassal. Sweet, my first vassal. At some later point, I realize that the Demand Annexation option is available. So I try it out and it worked, the whole country is now mine! However I found out (and from my research on these forums, you guys rock!) that all of this is "Unlawful Territory" and i am taking a Massive infamy hit every year. At this rate I think ill max out infamy in 20 years or so.
So my vague question is, how do you guys go about adding lands to your empire when your playing an HRE country? Was I to quick in the conquer->vassal->annex? Should i have gone one or two territories at a time, and waited for them to core first?
Since I am still new, I think i may be trying to get to much done to fast. Thanks Guys!

Yes. In DW, if you can vassalize it, you can annex it.

Beta patch of HTTT also.

So my vague question is, how do you guys go about adding lands to your empire when your playing an HRE country? Was I to quick in the conquer->vassal->annex? Should i have gone one or two territories at a time, and waited for them to core first?
Since I am still new, I think i may be trying to get to much done to fast. Thanks Guys!

Either conquer slowly, wait to get cores on someone and then attack or you can try and force personal unions via claim throne cassus belli. Then with some luck, when your monarch dies, you inherit the country with cores.

Thanks for the quick reply. Here are some follow up questions...
...wait to get cores on someone and then attack
How do i gain cores on somebody? Is this something I can trigger, or is it a random event? Only way i know how is to hold onto the province for 50 years.

or you can try and force personal unions via claim throne cassus belli. Then with some luck, when your monarch dies, you inherit the country with cores.
I am slowly understanding the whole PU concepts. I understand that i can click the "Claim Throne" button on some countries i have RM's with, and they have some legitimacy issues. This gives me a CB, something i haven't actually used yet. If i use the CB on that country and "win" the war...that doesn't force the PU at that point? I would still have to wait for leaders to die and a touch of luck?
Thanks again!

How do i gain cores on somebody? Is this something I can trigger, or is it a random event? Only way i know how is to hold onto the province for 50 years.

You could get cores on provinces you don't own by neighbouring them and letting an event trigger: Boundary dispute. You can choose to get a core on a province, aswell -30 in relations with the owner of the province - or loosing 1 prestige.

If you get a conquer quest, it will often give you core on the province you're tasked with to conquer, after you've conquered it.