• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally Posted by RobRoy3
Yes.

But it's a province modifier; so if you lose the province, you lose the bonus.

All province modifiers feature a mouseover which shows their effects.
Wait.....how can it give national if it's a province modifier? Or you mean I have to keep Lubeck to keep the national modifier?

Bump

Is there any way to stop hordes from attacking me other than colonizing their lands? I have occupied their lands for some time, but rebels are just too annoying. If I demand tribute from them, will they attack me again? I'm bordering four different hordes right now.

so the event where all my provences start to switch to protestant just started to happen, how can i stop it, is it literally gonna stop until all my provinces are protestant? should i just convert to protestant ?

Is there any way to stop hordes from attacking me other than colonizing their lands? I have occupied their lands for some time, but rebels are just too annoying. If I demand tribute from them, will they attack me again? I'm bordering four different hordes right now.
Yes, they'll attack again after the truce expires. They keep the truce if YOU pay tribute to them, though.

Getting a buffer state can be handy. Perhaps one of the rebels will form a useful state if left alone? Or can you release an intervening vassal during the peace term? There's also a high likelihood that another state will take advantage of your weakening their rival, and attack one of your horde neighbors. Even if it's another horde, maybe they'll vassalize your neighbor.

Four hordes? Who are you? A Georgia or Persia that's expanded a bit?

Wait.....how can it give national if it's a province modifier? Or you mean I have to keep Lubeck to keep the national modifier?
Yes.

Often HSA players find themselves well positioned to become HOL, PRU, GER and/or HRE. Doing so is fun. But if you cede Lubeck somewhere along the line, or release it as a vassal, you lose that nice province modifier, which does indeed affect your entire nation (strange as it sounds)

I am playing as Moscowy and I am trying to eat Siberia, but a problem has shown up. Their last province is "too wild and hard to make a permanent settlement". Hopw the heck am I suppose to annex the horde when i can't make any settlement in their province? :S

Originally Posted by RobRoy3
Yes.

But it's a province modifier; so if you lose the province, you lose the bonus.

All province modifiers feature a mouseover which shows their effects.

Bump
Province modifier, national effects. Very simple, it's a modifier attached to the province that gives global country-wide effects.

I've been confused about the meaning of infamy reduction when selecting a CB. I thought the percentage meant a reduction, but was just watching a video that said lower is better. Which is it?

I am playing as Moscowy and I am trying to eat Siberia, but a problem has shown up. Their last province is "too wild and hard to make a permanent settlement". Hopw the heck am I suppose to annex the horde when i can't make any settlement in their province? :S

Never saw this, in my Moscow-Russia game i just colonized every single horde in my way without problems

The infamy modifier listed is what the costs are multiplied by. So 25% means you're paying a quarter of the normal infamy costs. 0% (which I think is limited to Reconquest only) means you get no infamy at all.

I seem to remember there being a bug where if a base tax 1 horde province gets an event that reduces the base tax there to 0, it becomes uncolonizable. If that is the case you can edit the save to fix it.

so the event where all my provences start to switch to protestant just started to happen, how can i stop it, is it literally gonna stop until all my provinces are protestant? should i just convert to protestant ?
If you want to convert to protestant (it has some advantages) then accept a conversion to protestant in a peace deal. "Offer tribute" > convert to protestant. This way you get no stability hit.

I'm playing as England, own most of france area, and have a bunch of colonies in the new world (some provinces). What is the best place to place a university?

Last edited:
If you place it in the capital you can enact a decision later on.
Other than that, it doesn't really matter, although if you want to maximize manufactory benefits, don't place it in a province with a good that doubles a manufactory bonus, such as wine or iron.