• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Someone once told me that if you kill all the natives in an african province and then colonize it the trade good can never be slaves...is this true?

I have never gone much for african provinces earlier because of the tropical modifier...but that's gone now so...

Someone once told me that if you kill all the natives in an african province and then colonize it the trade good can never be slaves...is this true?
No.

Several times I had experienced that war with some horde ends without any notification. I have them completely occupied and slowly colonising, don't really pay much attention to those regions and all of a sudden there's a peace. No, I didn't accidentaly accept peace as I don't usually even open any peace offers. Is it a bug or something I missed?

Several times I had experienced that war with some horde ends without any notification. I have them completely occupied and slowly colonising, don't really pay much attention to those regions and all of a sudden there's a peace. No, I didn't accidentaly accept peace as I don't usually even open any peace offers. Is it a bug or something I missed?
There's a bug where if you cancel alliance with a vassal and then cancel the vassal it ends any horde wars they were a junior of. There are some other bugs to end horde wars too but none that should have mattered in your case.

There's a bug where if you cancel alliance with a vassal and then cancel the vassal it ends any horde wars they were a junior of. There are some other bugs to end horde wars too but none that should have mattered in your case.
Thanks. That must be it - I keep giving up newly vassalized countries in peace deals to lower my BB. But I don't ally those vassals. Do they join me in wars when hordes declare war on me even when we're not allies?

Thanks. That must be it - I keep giving up newly vassalized countries in peace deals to lower my BB. But I don't ally those vassals. Do they join me in wars when hordes declare war on me even when we're not allies?
Vassals won't defend you unless you ask them to (but you'll defend them no matter what), so it shouldn't be an issue. However, I'm not sure whether they'll be part of the war regardless if they also border the horde. However, it should be pretty easy to test if this bug is what's causing your issues.

In general, if anyone in a horde war (including a junior) peaces out for any reason the entire war ends. Or maybe it's just if they peace out via the "no longer threatening us" event? I'm not really sure, I haven't put too much testing into it since in my case any vassals I canceled didn't border the horde (I was using the vassal reconquest exploit for a sub-infamy limit bavaria WC at the time).

Do Hansa still have Krantor Crane decision (DW 5.1 patch)?

Do you need to fill all the requirements for it to appear?

Hi I'm a newbie :)
could you please tell me how to conquer Venice? I am France, I have whole north Italy but when I want my army to go to Venice it just stays in Treviso and doesn't move :(

It's because stupid Venice keeps moving its navy out which stops your army from crossing into Venice. Bring your navy over to destroy or stop Venice from doing that.

Hi I'm a newbie :)
could you please tell me how to conquer Venice? I am France, I have whole north Italy but when I want my army to go to Venice it just stays in Treviso and doesn't move :(

An army can not move across a strait if there is an enemy fleet blocking. You can tell which provinces are connected by a strait by clicking on one of the provinces, and looking at the bottom right hand corner of the province. There will be a picture of water, with an arrow jumping over it if it is a strait. If you hover your mouse over the picture, it will tell you which other provinces it is connected to. This means your armies can walk over without using ships. On the other hand, enemy ships and pirates can block the straits which means you can not move armies across it.
To secure passage, you must place your own fleet in the strait. Make sure your fleet is bigger, or the enemy will attack you to prevent you from crossing of course. Can not traverse while the sea battle is raging.

Are you playing vanilla EU3?!? (without expansions?!)

Do Hansa still have Krantor Crane decision (DW 5.1 patch)?

Do you need to fill all the requirements for it to appear?

Code:
country_decisions = {
	build_lubeck_krantor = {
		potential = {	
			TAG = HSA
			owns = 45
			total_merchants = 20
			government = merchant_republic
			45 = {
				cot = yes
				NOT = { has_province_modifier = "krantor_crane" }
			}
		}
		allow = {
			total_merchants = 30
			years_of_income = 1
			officials = 2
		}
		effect = {
			years_of_income = -1
			officials = -2
			45 = {
				add_province_modifier = {
					name = "krantor_crane"
					duration = -1
				}
			}
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1

It exists. This is from the 5.1 patch. It should show up before requirements are filled, but just like with the "reform government" decision, it might show up first when requirements are filled.

Yes.

But it's a province modifier; so if you lose the province, you lose the bonus.

All province modifiers feature a mouseover which shows their effects.

Wait.....how can it give national if it's a province modifier? Or you mean I have to keep Lubeck to keep the national modifier?

right now im an empire, how do i change to abolute monarchy so i can get the imperialism cb??
Reach government tech 27.

Or be France, reach government tech 25, and have 100 ducats monthly income and a king with ADM 8, and take the decision "Say L'etat, c'est moi".