• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
im playing with england and france seems really powerful to take on by myself, so I tried to get an alliance with burgundry so i sent them gifts until i got the relations up to 200, and it says impossible, why is it impossible to make an alliance?

Reasons why nations won't ally with you:
* Relations too low
* Different religion before 1650
* You already have 3 non-vassal allies
* They already have 3 non-vassal allies
* There are ongoing wars they don't want to be dragged into, or drag you into
* You have high infamy
* They don't trust you (you broke previous alliances, claimed their throne or sent a lot of spies)
* You are a Rival to them
* You are a Threat to them
* They lost an earlier war to you or they have cores on your land (irredentism)

I think that's about it.

Am I egocentric if 75% of my sentences begin with the letter 'I'? :D

No, it just means you need to lay off the pronouns.

How much artillery do I need in an army to get a bonus on when assualting seiges? [sic]

Really how does artillery work/affect assualts in seiges lol. [sic]

You get a bonus for:

• One artillery per fort level
  • Two artillery per fort level
  • Four artillery per fort level

For maximum benefit, you would want four artillery for a fort level one province, eight for a fort two, etc. However, this is highly impractical. Just try to get at the very least one artillery per infantry in your armies and you should be okay until you can come up with a more situational composition.

For maximum benefit, you would want four artillery for a fort level one province, eight for a fort two, etc. However, this is highly impractical.
When I'm creating my main armies I generally add artillery in groups of 4, so it's not that impractical. A 17th century army might be 4 Cav-12 Inf-4 Art for a total of 20,000 men; once fort-2s become common I might add 4 more Artillery. Your 1-1 ratio of Inf to Art would mean 12 Infantry regiments and 12 Artillery regiments, plus the standard 4 Cavalry for 28,000 men in total, and that would cope quite nicely with a Fort-3. For anything bigger I'd generally combine two armies temporarily rather than make my individual stacks bigger.

* Relations too low
* You have high infamy
* They don't trust you (you broke previous alliances, claimed their throne or sent a lot of spies)

I think that's about it.
That really ought to pinned in an FAQ somewhere. I never did know of all of that and that's quite helpful.

* Relations too low
* You have high infamy

I think that's about it.
* You are to weak in comparison to them.
* They have a mission or the AI is planning to attack you / your allies / something in your sphere.
edit: * You're to far away.

* Relations too low
* You have high infamy

I think that's about it.

They've got a mission against you (?)

I've got back into the 5.0 being inlogged lag in one of my save-games. It has happen before in this campaign but I was able to get rid of it by reloading the game. Now that doesn't work. I've tried to clear the cache folder but that doesn't help either. If I start a new game I don't have the lag, but I don't want to start over since this will probably repeat itself >_>
Suggestions of what I could do?

That really ought to pinned in an FAQ somewhere. I never did know of all of that and that's quite helpful.

I updated the EU3 wiki with the information given by Junuxx and Alanthiras. I hope they don't mind.

so i have the choice of becoming an empire, but it'll cost me 3 stab, what are the benefits of becoming empire, is it worth the 3 stab?

I like being an Empire, it's a great early government forum. The only time I don't change to that is if I plan to move to republic soon after.

so i have the choice of becoming an empire, but it'll cost me 3 stab, what are the benefits of becoming empire, is it worth the 3 stab?
+0.25 land morale, an extra 0.1 magistrates/year compared to Feudal Monarchy, and it expands the scope of the Holy War and Religious Liberation CBs to all appropriate nations, rather than just the ones you have a border with.

It's certainly worth considering, since by the time you're big enough to take it, you can probably live without Feudal Monarchy's force limit bonuses.

I believe you get the Imperialism CB on just about everyone.

Nope, it doesn't. Imperialism is given by absolute monarch, republican dictatorship and so on.

If you're playing a warmonger, I'd suggest becoming an empire. It gives you a slight morale and magistrate bonus (compared to feudal/despotic monarchy). Furthermore, it's easier to become absolute monarchy, because changing from empire costs you only one stability point (AFAIR, I may be wrong).

Oh, forgot. Emperor title is cool (Kaiser, Czar etc. are even cooler).

I believe you get the Imperialism CB on just about everyone.
Imperialism is given by Absolute Monarchy, Republican Dictatorship, and Enlightened Despotism.