• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does Unam Sanctum give me no cb requirment on all other religions? Or just on all the heretical ones like shinte ( Im sunni) or does it also give me no cb requirment vs heathens such as catholics, hindu etc?

Does Unam Sanctum give me no cb requirment on all other religions? Or just on all the heretical ones like shinte ( Im sunni) or does it also give me no cb requirment vs heathens such as catholics, hindu etc?
It gives you the Cleansing of Heresy CB on all heretics, and if you're Muslim or Christian it gives you the Holy War CB until 1650 on all heathens as well.

I'm not sure if it needs to be >50% of your provinces or just the most common culture. I assume just the most common culture.
Most common culture. Specifically, single most common culture; if two cultures are tied for first place, you can't culture shift.

Although it has a sort of soft-expiry date near then because warmongers will want to go a route which gives them the Imperialism CB, which is better.

Land Tradition, how does it works? Some battle I get 0.1 some I get 0.5. I get that the % of troops involved had an impact but the battle were approximately the same size. Does having a general in the battle on their side influence things? What about on mine?

I play Minamoto and are expanding deep into Asia without receiving any infamy. The Emperor currently has 150 infamy... is there any limit for infamy? Can I like conquer the whole world and then annex the last daimyo to form Japan?

I play Minamoto and are expanding deep into Asia without receiving any infamy. The Emperor currently has 150 infamy... is there any limit for infamy? Can I like conquer the whole world and then annex the last daimyo to form Japan?
Theoretically yes; the daimyo system has its flaws.

However, in many ways infamy is there to help you not do stupid stuff as much as it is there to hinder you from hyperexpanding. There are other downsides to expanding that quickly.

Hi everyone,

I just installed the EU3 Chronicles and when I start the game either via the launcher or the game .exe it says I'm currently playing Divine Winds. I cant find the other expansion sets or an option to play them. When I go to singleplayer it still says I'm playing DW without any option to change the selected expansion. Any tips? Or maybe am I wrong and its like all the addons are in this version played at the same time?

Thanks for your help!

Land Tradition, how does it works? Some battle I get 0.1 some I get 0.5. I get that the % of troops involved had an impact but the battle were approximately the same size. Does having a general in the battle on their side influence things? What about on mine?

A number of things go into the calculation; battle size, tech difference (a more impressive win gets more tradition), possibly generals.

Questions on westernizing:

1. What happens to your tech when you do it?

2. From what I gather it just puts you into the western tech group correct? If so... If it only did that wouldnt it be kind of pointless? Like by the time you managed to westernize you would still be miles behind the actual western countries in tech? Thus it you would eternally be playing catch up? All the while they are still curbstomping you with there huge tech advantage?

Questions on westernizing:

1. What happens to your tech when you do it?

2. From what I gather it just puts you into the western tech group correct? If so... If it only did that wouldnt it be kind of pointless? Like by the time you managed to westernize you would still be miles behind the actual western countries in tech? Thus it you would eternally be playing catch up? All the while they are still curbstomping you with there huge tech advantage?
Better tech groups research faster, and you will get a massive neighbour bonus for being so far behind (usually +100 in all fields). Obviously you won't quite catch up to a western major played correctly, but that's life.

In addition, you'll have the option to westernize your military which gives you better (western) units.

im playing with england and france seems really powerful to take on by myself, so I tried to get an alliance with burgundry so i sent them gifts until i got the relations up to 200, and it says impossible, why is it impossible to make an alliance?

im playing with england and france seems really powerful to take on by myself, so I tried to get an alliance with burgundry so i sent them gifts until i got the relations up to 200, and it says impossible, why is it impossible to make an alliance?

They've probably got an alliance with somebody else who might be your rival. Infamy and diplomatic skill also play a big role, but usually it's because the AI will only ally with up to two non-vassals.