• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any hints?

A = A very large share of the world's grain provinces somehow have an infantry unit on each of them.
B = You are planning to expand at least ~30 provinces to level 6 buildings.
C = There are only ~5 grain provinces in the world, and you own all of them.

If B you should build trade.
Else If A you should build production.
Else there really isn't any particular reason you should build anything there.
If C is true, building regimental camps becomes viable.

If you're planning on getting certain buildings solely for the demand boost, put them in the poorest provinces you have as a rule of thumb. Demand is demand no matter what province you're looking at. The only exceptions are things like try to avoid building regimental camps in fish provinces or you'll only get half of their demand modifiers on grain, but that's a minor effect overall.

Hi I just build some Manufactory and now I want to replace it with University ,how should I destroy the old one or replace it with some other? :wacko:

Are you sure it's fully built? You should have the option to destroy it (It's probably not a good idea economically though since you lose your money spent building it)

I am now post 1650 in my WC attempt and I no longer have CBs for attacking Heathens, which government or NI would work best for getting low-infamy CBs against eastern countries? I am currently a Constitutional Monarchy, I remember getting a Nationalism CB in my Germany game when I chose a type of gov't but I do not remember what the setup was to get it.

I am now post 1650 in my WC attempt and I no longer have CBs for attacking Heathens, which government or NI would work best for getting low-infamy CBs against eastern countries? I am currently a Constitutional Monarchy, I remember getting a Nationalism CB in my Germany game when I chose a type of gov't but I do not remember what the setup was to get it.

Absolute Monarchy gives Imperialism. That's the best you can get until Government 53 and the Revolution / Counter-Revolution NI.

Nationalism only applies to provinces in your culture group.

I'm going to try the cherokee achievement, I need a boring game :)
They are a tribal democracy, is still there the rule about pretender rising if I own more than 9 provs?

A strategic advice: should I get a coastal province or not?

THX

how can i invest more money in tech, cuz ive been left behind :(
Why were you left behind? Is your country poor? Are your sliders set for Serfdom and/or Narrowmindedness? Are you in a slow tech group? Have you been minting too much and driving up your inflation?

You can dump money from your treasury into your research investments using the button next to the tech sliders, but this is unlikely to be very useful in most cases.

Moving your sliders towards Free Subjects and Innovative will reduce your technology costs.

If you're in a slow tech group, Westernization will reduce your technology costs and let you benefit from a large neighbour bonus.

If your inflation is sky high, stop minting, hire a Master of the Mint, move your sliders towards Centralization, and take the National Bank NI.

Why were you left behind? Is your country poor? Are your sliders set for Serfdom and/or Narrowmindedness? Are you in a slow tech group? Have you been minting too much and driving up your inflation?

You can dump money from your treasury into your research investments using the button next to the tech sliders, but this is unlikely to be very useful in most cases.

Moving your sliders towards Free Subjects and Innovative will reduce your technology costs.

If you're in a slow tech group, Westernization will reduce your technology costs and let you benefit from a large neighbour bonus.

If your inflation is sky high, stop minting, hire a Master of the Mint, move your sliders towards Centralization, and take the National Bank NI.

im playin with england, but ive been accidently minting alot cuz atleast 3 times that ive gone to war the minting slider goes from 0 to like 25% i dont know why, i didnt wanna mint and after a ton of years i realized i was mintin so i turned it off but the damage was done, so i was wonderin if theres a way to invest more

im playin with england, but ive been accidently minting alot cuz atleast 3 times that ive gone to war the minting slider goes from 0 to like 25% i dont know why, i didnt wanna mint and after a ton of years i realized i was mintin so i turned it off but the damage was done, so i was wonderin if theres a way to invest more

To prevent this from happening, always rightclick the minting slider when you have put it in position. If you have money invested in stability, and it reaches level 3, the money gets split evenly on all of the other sliders including minting. If you have leftover money, the best idea is to invest that into production or trade buildings to get more income, but if you really want, you can invest money directly by clicking on the small lightning on the right side of the sliders. But that is not really worth it, better invest that money into your economy. Otherwise, you should have got a lot of money through that minting, so safe some of it for a longer period of absolutely no-minting to get rid of that inflation again via Master of Mint and the NI. I think you get more than 0.25% a year if you have all the things for -inflation.

im playin with england, but ive been accidently minting alot cuz atleast 3 times that ive gone to war the minting slider goes from 0 to like 25% i dont know why,
When your stability reaches +3, your stability slider gets automatically pushed to zero, distributing the income that was allocated to stability across all of the other sliders.

If you have trouble with this, I'd suggest changing your message settings so that "our stability increases" is set to "pause and popup". (I tend to check my investment sliders at least once a year anyway to remind myself what they're set to.)

I'm going to try the cherokee achievement, I need a boring game :)
They are a tribal democracy, is still there the rule about pretender rising if I own more than 9 provs?

A strategic advice: should I get a coastal province or not?

THX

I don't think you'll get pretenders, but you will get Incapable Ruler if your leader has any stats less than 7 and you have more than 9 provs.

I suggest immediately attacking the other two and vassalizing them.

Coastal province, I got one because a mission gave me a core on one of Creek's. The Europeans colonized around me a bit but happened to leave me alone until I got forts.

But, Europe is a chaotic mess in my game (and I happened to get an excellent leader and jumped up all three tech westernizing events in like fifteen years) so even when Castille did attack it wasn't a curbstomp.

So it really depends on luck of the dice.

Can I get in a personal union with a vassal? Also, I can't remember if you lose your allies by converting? Say I convert from Catholic to Protestant do I lose all my catholic allies but keep my protestant ones? What about reformed allies I may have?

Cannot get into PUs with vassals peacefully. I do not know about the result of attempting to force PU on a vassal.

You lose all alliances, including those with vassals, whenever you change religion.

how can i make it more possible to diplo annex my vassal, relations are at 200 but it always says very unlikely
Get a ruler with better diplomatic skill. Hire an Ambassador advisor. Expand your Sphere of Influence.

And reduce your infamy if you have any.

i remember someone saying that when playing as the Hansa to NOT ask for trade rights because this lowers the value of the trade item. am i remembering correctly? is that right?

I just noticed that my absolutely unmanipulated game, where i never switched sides, never used cheats and which i play on a completely unmodified EU3 now has achievements disabled for no apparent reason. Strangely enough, a 15-year old safegame from the same session, without any reloading inbetween is not "manipulated", but every single autosave is. So now i have to replay the last 15 years to get my african conquest thingy? Has anyone also had that happen, is there any way to undo it, and if not, at least how can you avoid it from happening again in the future? Do i have to check each year whether achievements are still enabled?

Apparently, now that safegame is "manipulated", too, but a safegame i made starting from that one 2 years later is not. Wtf is this shit?