• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will provinces with universities in them that I capture add to the university building cost? And how much does each uni add?

But it says there that you need government tech 10. If that is the case, why does the game itself say that government tech 2 allows despotic monarchy and empire? I was hoping that the game did not lie to me.

Because it's telling the truth; if you had a government that could switch to Desp Mon/Empire, you'd be able to. Your government however cannot.

Will provinces with universities in them that I capture add to the university building cost? And how much does each uni add?

Yes. And it depends on the total number of manufactories you have as well as your manpower. Large empires can typically build several manufactories around the 900g mark, small ones might not even be able to build one without the price jumping to 2k.

To come back on my game with the "historical leaders". If a rebel general is rampaging around in your nation you should at least get a generic general to fight him - for a few ducats fe.

Because it's telling the truth; if you had a government that could switch to Desp Mon/Empire, you'd be able to. Your government however cannot.
So i seriously have to stay tribal until tech level 10, while for all this time every time one of my leader dies unbeatable rebel armies spawn and destroy my lands? I have not found a way to kill those 11k pretender stacks without bancrupting my country by going to double my forcelimits just in case they spawn. I feel more and more like i fail to have some fundamental understanding of how i should play these tribal countries, so could someone give me a general idea of how they are supposed to work? Expanding would be easy, but you can not keep that lands because of rebels, but even without expanding at all i still get too many rebels to cope with every time a leader dies.

Also, do i understand those events correctly that i have to be basically constantly at war, because otherwise even more rebels spawn and/or i have to kill my heirs? Because that means that i cant even vasallize my neighbors because otherwise i don't have anyone to fight.

So i seriously have to stay tribal until tech level 10, while for all this time every time one of my leader dies unbeatable rebel armies spawn and destroy my lands?
Yes.

I have not found a way to kill those 11k pretender stacks without bancrupting my country by going to double my forcelimits just in case they spawn. I feel more and more like i fail to have some fundamental understanding of how i should play these tribal countries,
You have to be both lucky and good to get anywhere as a tribal nation, especially one in the Sub-Saharan or New World tech groups. (Nations with a Tribal Democracy government are slightly better off, since they don't get Tribal Succession Crises or the "OMG must go to war" events.)

A question about colonies... Does building constable, marketplace and other stuff help raise the tariff-income? Or do they have to become cores first? As Japan I notice that I dont get tariff from siberian colonies but pure tax and production, whats up with that?

Doeas anyone know whether you can get in a PU with your vassals and thus eventually inherit them this way?

The espionage missions Fabricate Claim works on vassals as well. It's then possible to dow your vassal and force a PU. I don't know if you can get a PUwith your vassals peacefully.

A question about colonies... Does building constable, marketplace and other stuff help raise the tariff-income?
Constable doesn't; Workshop, Counting House, and the trade buildings do.

Or do they have to become cores first?
Coring a province only (directly) affects its Census Taxes (the contribution to annual income).

As Japan I notice that I dont get tariff from siberian colonies but pure tax and production, whats up with that?
Japan and Siberia are both on the same continent (Asia), so even without a land connection you get production instead of tariffs.

A question about colonies... Does building constable, marketplace and other stuff help raise the tariff-income? Or do they have to become cores first? As Japan I notice that I dont get tariff from siberian colonies but pure tax and production, whats up with that?

The Siberian colonies are not "distant overseas", as they are on the same continent as Japan. Otherwise England's possesions on mainland Europe would also pay tarriffs :)

As all tax in distant overseas colonies is transformed into tariffs, everything that increases tax (such as workshops) and production (such as markets) increae tariffs. Cores do increase direct tax income immensely (from 10% to 100%), otherwise have no influence on income.

*EDIT Damn, too slow.

The espionage missions Fabricate Claim works on vassals as well. It's then possible to dow your vassal and force a PU. I don't know if you can get a PUwith your vassals peacefully.

Interesting, thanks for the reply. I'd like to grow my empire through such means but was hoping for immersion's sake that I could peacefully get PUs with my vassals. I'll just wait and see I guess if noone else has any first hand experience.

As Sweden, I choose quest of the new world, when I mouse over the idea it says I can recruit conquistadores and explorers. But I'm not allowed to recruit them because I choose historical leaders. This is for sure some kind of bug.

Either you don't get conquistadores, and you are not allowed to pick the idea because it's a wast. Or the game informs you that your nation is expecting a "historical conquistador or explorer", allowing you to pick the idea "exploration of the new wold", so you'll get the historical leader.

IIRC Sweden had some belongings in the New world, so it's a pity I don't get any conquistadores or explorer.

Is there a way to cheat me a conquistador or explorer ?

Hover the mouse over the diplo annex button, it will (Normally) say "Can't do this until date x, year y) or something similar.

My own question: Why does lolstille spam me with Embargo/Allow again every month? Im guessing they do this whenever they get a new diplomat. Im at 0 infamy. Starting to get annoying :)
Is it a minor bug, or do they just enjoy trolling me? :) Never seen this happen before.

My own question: Why does lolstille spam me with Embargo/Allow again every month? Im guessing they do this whenever they get a new diplomat. Im at 0 infamy. Starting to get annoying :)
Is it a minor bug, or do they just enjoy trolling me? :) Never seen this happen before.

Castille does that to everyone. Even after she forms Spain.

I've played for almost a year now, never seen the embargo trolling this intense until now.
I've already learned that a castille embargo is more common then rebels, but this is extreme. Bad karma for me on this save I guess :)

As Sweden, I choose quest of the new world, when I mouse over the idea it says I can recruit conquistadores and explorers. But I'm not allowed to recruit them because I choose historical leaders. This is for sure some kind of bug.
Yes, being allowed to choose Historical Leaders and/or Historical Advisors in a Grand Campaign game is pretty obviously a misfeature. (It's really there for playing short games starting at the other bookmarks; it is absolutely non-viable in the Grand Campaign. The most disastrous case is things like "I formed Great Britain in 1500" - at which point you won't get any more leaders or advisors until about 1707.)

You can cheat yourself a leader by editing your save. (This is not actually as scary as it sounds.)