• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am trying to make a CoT but when I mouse over the create button is says the province ain't rich enough, how is the wealth of the province calculated? Cause my capital is worth like 470 which is less than another province of mine with less population, so how is the province wealth calculated?

What matters is the value of the CoT the province currently trades through. You can't create a CoT in a province that's currently trading through a CoT worth less than (in DW 5.1) 800 ducats/year.

Is it much easier to get the five monopolies with mercantilism? from the extra owned province compete chance?
Getting the five monopolies achievement is easy: Play Holland. Survive to Trade Tech 15.

By the end of the game you should be able to achieve it with any country unless you mess up. A mercantilistic blob will eventually have 5 CoTs, while an OPM trader who remains neutral while the other traders get annexed will achieve it by virtue of the power of Free Trade against AI.

I've got a question about Japanese diyamos. I'm currently in a game as Minamoto, I've got the other 3 as vassals and are colonizing and have launched an attack against inca and maya. I really want the gold they have, like several thousands. The problem is, when I try to peace they accept and I should get 2000 gold but never recieve any!? Is the emperor robbing me of the gold in the peacedeal and I only get landpossessions?

So, Burgundy game. Allied with Austria and Scotland, ate Barrois without consequence, and crushed about 7 German & Dutch minors by myself in taking over Luxembourg, managing to grab my core in Gelre and vassalize two electors in the process. Now the game's given me Brabant. However... they're allied with Portugal. Whenever I declare war on them, Portugal joins in and gets alliance head - then they invite England, and they become alliance head - then they invite France (yes, they're allies this game. This is the only time I've ever seen it, so of course it would happen when I played Burgundy) and they become the head, then invite their eighty little vassals in. And then I'm pretty well screwed. I mean, my army's plenty big, but if I take the time beating down the French, England and Portugal have dropped three stacks of doom into Flanders - when I finish fighting those off, France has come back with 4 stacks in Burgundy proper. And rinse and repeat. Scotland gets brutalized by England, typically, and inevitably Austria gets tied up beating up Hungary over some minor over in Eastern Europe mid-war and forgets that I'm fighting like against 70000 soldiers by myself here. And of course, because it's an aggressive war, I can't bring in HRE Bohemia, even though I question how useful they'd be since they generally end up DoWing Hungary the moment they see Austria doing so.

I'm not quite sure where to go with this - even if I cancel the mission now, it's gonna pop up later.

Is there a list of what nations get custom missions (using DW 5.1 unmodded)- ones besides the general 'navy army better/get random person to vote/colonize somewhere useless/build something useless/we have good ties, let's get better ties/ANNEX or Subj random nearby? Listening some talk about forming Italy, for example, it was said that Milan/Venice get some, but Pisa and Tuscony and so on don't.

Is there a list of what nations get custom missions (using DW 5.1 unmodded)- ones besides the general 'navy army better/get random person to vote/colonize somewhere useless/build something useless/we have good ties, let's get better ties/ANNEX or Subj random nearby? Listening some talk about forming Italy, for example, it was said that Milan/Venice get some, but Pisa and Tuscony and so on don't.

There's one on the EU3 wiki: http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Missions It's not complete, but it's the best.

Can I get in a personal union with a vassal? Also, I can't remember if you lose your allies by converting? Say I convert from Catholic to Protestant do I lose all my catholic allies but keep my protestant ones? What about reformed allies I may have?

Ok, i just started a game as some african nation (Mali), and now i got a couple of questions regarding Tribal stuff.

1.Why do my units suck so much when compared to rebels? I can't fight against rebels if i outnumber them 2:1, because then i lose about double the amount of soldiers that they do. Not to mention that they lose maybe 200-300 and then run to the next of my provinces to ransack because it has no fort, which can go on for years until they are finally all dead. Even the 10:1 thing does not seem to work. I even have a general, sometimes even with 1-2 shock, while they got nothing. At the moment i feel like i can only fight them at 3:1 odds. This gets to the point that i hide from rebels most of the time while waiting for my manpower to fill up. What is the best way to fight rebels?

2. Rebels with two different flags are the ones send by spies?

3. Next, how do i get a better state system? I researched government tech first because it said i could get despotic monarchy, but i can not change my government type. It says on the wiki that that change is only possible per decision, however there is no decision to be made. Do i need to westernize first?

4. This brings me to the next question. I see absolutely no way to survive if westerners try to attack me in any way because of my extremely bad soldiers. So is there a possibility to reach a more western nation without getting slaughtered if i get there?

w
Ok, i just started a game as some african nation (Mali), and now i got a couple of questions regarding Tribal stuff.

1.Why do my units suck so much when compared to rebels? I can't fight against rebels if i outnumber them 2:1, because then i lose about double the amount of soldiers that they do. Not to mention that they lose maybe 200-300 and then run to the next of my provinces to ransack because it has no fort, which can go on for years until they are finally all dead. Even the 10:1 thing does not seem to work. I even have a general, sometimes even with 1-2 shock, while they got nothing. At the moment i feel like i can only fight them at 3:1 odds. This gets to the point that i hide from rebels most of the time while waiting for my manpower to fill up. What is the best way to fight rebels?

Unfortunately, there really isn't. The best thing you can hope for is to completely drain their morale and have them retreat into another one of your stacks before the end of the month.

2. Rebels with two different flags are the ones send by spies?

Almost always, yes. Basically it represents loyalties, so it's possible for patriots to occasionally be loyal to a nation without being sponsored by that nation. At least, I know I've gotten provinces from rebels I didn't sponsor as Byzantium before.

3. Next, how do i get a better state system? I researched government tech first because it said i could get despotic monarchy, but i can not change my government type. It says on the wiki that that change is only possible per decision, however there is no decision to be made. Do i need to westernize first?

It should be called "Reform the Government" or something of that nature.

4. This brings me to the next question. I see absolutely no way to survive if westerners try to attack me in any way because of my extremely bad soldiers. So is there a possibility to reach a more western nation without getting slaughtered if i get there?

Not sure what you're asking. Your best bet is to actually try and go north, possibly jacking something from Tripoli, and westernizing into the Muslim group. Their units should be strong enough to help you westernize.

Hm. There does not seem to be such a decision. Do i have to do something else first, except getting government tech level 2?

Another thing, is there any way to get colonists so i can expand northward towards muslim countries? Or is there another way to reach them, since i can not even see them, and also can not discover Terra Incognita except by having an adjacent territory or marching into it during a war.

Hm. There does not seem to be such a decision. Do i have to do something else first, except getting government tech level 2?

Another thing, is there any way to get colonists so i can expand northward towards muslim countries? Or is there another way to reach them, since i can not even see them, and also can not discover Terra Incognita except by having an adjacent territory or marching into it during a war.

Look here. The part about HTTT should be accurate for DW.

- then they invite England, and they become alliance head - then they invite France (yes, they're allies this game. This is the only time I've ever seen it, so of course it would happen when I played Burgundy)...

I'm not quite sure where to go with this - even if I cancel the mission now, it's gonna pop up later.

The English/French alliance won't last. They've got cores on each other's territories. They should start squabbling in a few years if you just sit back and pursue other goals... teching up and constructing buildings, if there's nothing else worth doing while you wait. You could also take a shot at becoming HR Emperor. They might be less keen on dogpiling you if your army outnumbers their combined force.

What determines your land force limit? I realize that it's modified by sliders and advisors, but what provides the base number. Province wealth?