• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do it when you get a stab event; the big bonus of being an Empire is the +0.10 magistrates/year, but the temporary loss of 0.60 magistrates/year thanks to stability will heavily offset that.

Empire also gets Holy War CB on heathans, which is a great help. And hey, you get to be called Emperor!

Is there anything you can do against fleeing rebels? They leave just one day before my army arrives and i have to chase them through half South America (meanwhile other rebels spawn somewhere else) :<

I did just conquer Rome (as a catholic nation) and the decision Restrain the statue of appeals (?) not sure if that the correct name, lol.
If I take this, will it be impossible for me to get cardinals?

Is there anything you can do against fleeing rebels? They leave just one day before my army arrives and i have to chase them through half South America (meanwhile other rebels spawn somewhere else) :<
Use more than one army, and/or use a general with enough maneuver that you arrive before they do.

I did just conquer Rome (as a catholic nation) and the decision Restrain the statue of appeals (?) not sure if that the correct name, lol.
If I take this, will it be impossible for me to get cardinals?
It really hurts your papal relations and influence, so it certainly doesn't help, but to my knowledge it doesn't specifically stop you from getting cardinals.

I am Prussia, I own Brandenburg and I am able to move my capital.
Brandenburg has saxony cultur. When I change it to my new capital, will my other provinces change their cultur to saxony from time to time?
Or am I wrong?

Brandenburg has saxony cultur. When I change it to my new capital, will my other provinces change their cultur to saxony from time to time?
Or am I wrong?

No, you're correct. After accepting a culture-shift, your provinces can change to the new culture. Saxon culture will -slowly- spread around your nation.

Why is the "fabricate claims" mission not available with some countries? The option does not even appear in the list of spy actions. Could it be because of alliance, royal marriage, ...?

EDIT: found it out myself. You have to click on the capital to get all options.

I am Prussia, I own Brandenburg and I am able to move my capital.
Or am I wrong?
Only if Saxon is your primary culture. You never change cultures to anything else than your primary culture.

If you are Prussia , chances are you have prussian as primary culture , and saxon flips to prussian fairly quick when cored

I am looking for a complete list of the effects of infamy, but seem to be unable to find one even after intensive searching. I thought before that it only affects your relations to other countries, and after going over the limit gives them the dishonourable scum casus belli. However, going on a conquering spree and ignoring infamy completely (~120) because the other nations are not match anymore, a very large amount of negative events (revolutions, inflation, destabilisation) started to occur. Does infamy have an effect on those things? And maybe on others, too? Or is it war weariness, or something else entirely?

I am looking for a complete list of the effects of infamy, but seem to be unable to find one even after intensive searching. I thought before that it only affects your relations to other countries, and after going over the limit gives them the dishonourable scum casus belli. However, going on a conquering spree and ignoring infamy completely (~120) because the other nations are not match anymore, a very large amount of negative events (revolutions, inflation, destabilisation) started to occur. Does infamy have an effect on those things? And maybe on others, too? Or is it war weariness, or something else entirely?

Those events are provoked by infamy. The more you have, the more often they'll fire.

Do you have a bit more precise information?
They can happen any time you're above 125% of the infamy limit (i.e. exceed it by 25%), with a mean time to happen (for each of the events) of 50 months. While you're above 200% of the infamy limit, the MttH drops to 12.5 months.

The events are: -1 stability; +1 WE and -5% stored manpower (only if at war); -25 prestige; +3% inflation; -10 army tradition; lose three placed merchants in a CoT you don't own; lose three placed merchants in a CoT you do own; -15% legitimacy; lose all magistrates in hand (and you can't delay their disappearance by leaving the event button unclicked); lose all philosopher, natural scientist, artist, and statesman advisors currently employed.

I am looking for a complete list of the effects of infamy, but seem to be unable to find one even after intensive searching.

Any infamy (also that below the BB limit) lowers your compete chance in CoT's (you get a malus% twice your Infamy)