• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My question is: As Milan, I've taken over most of Italy through inheritance and whatnot. All I need now is Firenze, owned by Tuscany, who is my vassal. If I keep cancelling missions, will I eventually get a mission to diploannex Tuscany and gain a core on Firenze?
Eventually. Having a high-DIP ruler will make it more likely.

National focus: where to put it?

What decisions or events are tied to the national focus? At the moment I have my national focus placed in my 'homeland', affecting 7 provinces total so I get nice tax- and manpower-boost in them. They are however fully developped building-wise (as far as my tech-level allows ATM) and I'm considering moving my NF somewhere else. I just enected the uniformed scales & measures in my capital and now have the opportunatity to move the NF.

I might want to add provinces to the HRE (which I head) and IIRC that needs a NF.

It's 1454 and colonization is just underway.

So: what considerations are there with respect to one's National Focus?

How do you get a notion passed in the HRE? Besides being the emperor and have >50 in imperial authority? Is there anything you can do to enhance your chances?
From a recent post of mine, all items that increase the chance of states voting yes or no for imperial reforms:
I keep this list of HRE voting modifiers on my desk...

YES
10 base
x 2 same dynasty
x 1.2 RM
x 2 relations >= 150
x 1.5 relations >= 100
x 2 monarchy
x 2.5 theocracy, same religion
x 1.5 badboy < 1.5
x 1.5 same religion
x 4 overlord

NO
20 base
x 1.5 relations < 0
x 2 relations < 100
x 2 badboy >= 0.5
x 1.5 badboy >= 0.2
x 3 not same religion
x 100 at war with you
x 10 6 or more provinces

What decisions or events are tied to the national focus? At the moment I have my national focus placed in my 'homeland', affecting 7 provinces total so I get nice tax- and manpower-boost in them. They are however fully developped building-wise (as far as my tech-level allows ATM) and I'm considering moving my NF somewhere else. I just enected the uniformed scales & measures in my capital and now have the opportunatity to move the NF.

I might want to add provinces to the HRE (which I head) and IIRC that needs a NF.

If it's on your capital, you can take awesome provincial decisions (like the one you mentioned). Apart from that, I use NFs for one of two reasons.

1) Control revolt risk in a recently conquered area.
2) Try to trigger boundary dispute CBs.

The other neat fact (which I've never tried to exploit) is that you get a refund of all magistrates used to make buildings in a NF, once they're complete.

If it's on your capital, you can take awesome provincial decisions (like the one you mentioned). Apart from that, I use NFs for one of two reasons.

1) Control revolt risk in a recently conquered area.
2) Try to trigger boundary dispute CBs.

Thanks.
@1) does this lower the National RR as well?
@2) are boundary disputes tied to Rivals?

You dont get a full refound.. you get 50% back I believe.

It's 25%.

All in all just the boundary dispute doesn't seem to compelling to move my NF from the 7 provinces currently covered... Anything else?

Thanks.
@1) does this lower the National RR as well?
@2) are boundary disputes tied to Rivals?
@@1 It lowers RR and minimum RR so it should work on Nationalism. I didn't check though.
@@2 It's not possible to gain a CB by using NF. It's only possible to give your neighbour a CB. Boundary disputes can fire on any nation, NF doesn't affect it in any way and it can't target a capital.

Another very useful thing is that it lowers the MTTH for Cultural Coversion by 50%. If you're a big empire that already has CAD and Divine Supremacy to counter the Reformation, putting it by some rich provinces (the Netherlands come to mind as the best example, especially since you've already got a CoT in Antwerpen to enable cultural conversion) can boost your income nicely over a few decades.

Why do I always hear about releasing and the conquering a vassal? IDK why anyone would do that-what does it do that is so special? Do you get cores on them or something after releasing them or...ya I just don't know could someone please explain that

Why do I always hear about releasing and the conquering a vassal? IDK why anyone would do that-what does it do that is so special? Do you get cores on them or something after releasing them or...ya I just don't know could someone please explain that

It is a method to reduce infamy: releasing them shaves off 2 infamy per province, reconquering them with reconquest CB takes 0 infamy. Some (myself included) consider it gamey, some don't.

Note: Obviously you can only do that if you already have cores on them.

It is a method to reduce infamy: releasing them shaves off 2 infamy per province, reconquering them with reconquest CB takes 0 infamy. Some (myself included) consider it gamey, some don't.

Note: Obviously you can only do that if you already have cores on them.

Ohhh...kool thx for that explanation :D

Imfamy...

Is there anything Im not thinking of to get rid of it?

All I notice is your ruler helps, and you can hire an advisor to help get rid of it...

Anything else Im missing? Cause it is taking ages lol.