• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In americas there are 2 continents. Also there is none restriction that makes it unavailable. So - no youre wrong - at least it is so in IN.
Colonial uprising events have no restrictions. Colonial events like those in events/colonial.txt are limited to Overseas provinces (at least in DW), so a capital in North America will avoid those in the two continents.

Colonial uprising events have no restrictions. Colonial events like those in events/colonial.txt are limited to Overseas provinces (at least in DW), so a capital in North America will avoid those in the two continents.

Unless his South American provinces aren't connected to his North American provinces...

If you move capital to mainland NORTH America, all the Americas will be production.
If you move capital to Caribbean islands, then North America will be production, but SOUTH America will be tariffs.
If you move capital to SOUTH America, then South and North America will be production, and the Caribbean will be tariff.

If you move capital to mainland NORTH America, all the Americas will be production.
If you move capital to Caribbean islands, then North America will be production, but SOUTH America will be tariffs.
If you move capital to SOUTH America, then South and North America will be production, and the Caribbean will be tariff.

Wow, I never thought of that. Thanks for the heads up!

So, when looking for a province for the new capital, what should I be looking for? The one with the highest population? A center of trade? A certain trade good?

Wait what? I've never even noticed that before.
Any province on the same continent as your capital (the Caribbean is all part of North America), any province within a certain distance of your capital, and any province with a continuous land connection through your unoccupied, unbesieged provinces to your capital counts as not being distant overseas.

Just remember to deal promptly with rebels in the isthmus of Panama.

1. Were should i put my capital if im going for WC? Ive got most of Spain, (still waiting to inherit Aragon) all of north Africa, Egypt, OE and the Lithuania/Poland/Russia/GH area. Im currently unable to make a land connection from Portugal to the Middle east.

2. Can i inherit when at war with the hordes? My PU partners are allied with me and get pulled into perpetual war with the hordes along with me.

1. Were should i put my capital if im going for WC? Ive got most of Spain, (still waiting to inherit Aragon) all of north Africa, Egypt, OE and the Lithuania/Poland/Russia/GH area. Im currently unable to make a land connection from Portugal to the Middle east.
I moved mine to Adana, in eastern Anatolia.

Playing a diplomatic/royal marriage game as Austria and I've managed to inherit a few thrones in the HRE, in the northern area where Germany can be formed. I have heard I have to switch my capital as Austria and get some kind of culture shift or something to be able to form Germany right? What do I have to do to form Germany as them, please help :D

Playing a diplomatic/royal marriage game as Austria and I've managed to inherit a few thrones in the HRE, in the northern area where Germany can be formed. I have heard I have to switch my capital as Austria and get some kind of culture shift or something to be able to form Germany right? What do I have to do to form Germany as them, please help :D

You need to get more provinces of one of the German cultures (e.g. Saxon or Hannoverian) than you have of Austrian culture. You might have to release Tirol as a vassal to bring your number of Austrian provinces down. When that's done, move your capital to a province of the desired culture (say, Brandenburg). Then a decision 'accept cultural shift' will appear. Realize that you'll have a lot of stability to recover though! (4 for capital move, 5 for cultural shift)

And save the game before hand, to cover the (admittedly really quite unlikely) possibility of "Cultural Assimilation" firing in your new capital in the time it takes to recover your stability after the capital move.

Why Adana and why does this event matter?
Adana happened to be one of the first provinces I cored in Anatolia. The basic point is that a capital sited in eastern Anatolia is in Europe (from the game's point of view), so you won't have trouble with your home provinces becoming "distant overseas", but it's also very easy to create land connections to Asia and Africa from.

That event matters for the person who was playing Austria and wanting to form Germany - your capital province is eligible for culture conversion to your national primary culture by the Cultural Assimilation event even if it doesn't neighbour any existing province of your national primary culture.

Where's the Hall of Fame on the forums? I got some cool stats that might be records!

Do allies automatically (at least Catholic European allies) break alliances with you if you switch religions?

Playing as Holland, and everybody just left my alliances the second I went Protestant.

Do allies automatically (at least Catholic European allies) break alliances with you if you switch religions?

Playing as Holland, and everybody just left my alliances the second I went Protestant.

They sure do! This applies to vassals as well, so make sure you sign back up with them if you have them. I believe it only applies to Heretics, though. So if you had the Ottoman Empire as an ally (somehow), I do think they'll stick with you.