• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am now at the 2nd, I think its the Hofgericht. The problem was that I always had to beat the emperor into submission because of various reasons so nobody had a chance to pass any big Reforms. It's now 1575 and I am finishing of India and Siberia, I will probably have time for the Diplomat-thingy after 1650, at least I hope I will.
The way to boost relations I meant was the following: If you answer the call to arms you get as Emperor your relations with all countries in the HRE will Improve by 50, so if I managed to get this even 3-4 Times I would have the Empire reunited by 1600.

What country are you playing as? I assume you started outside the HRE, since the game-plan for HRE members is to form the HRE nation before going on a rampage. Don't worry, from the sounds of it you have ample time to conquer the globe.

Castille, I heavily abused the PU mechanics, at the moment I have.... England, France, Austria (owns the balkans), Bohemia (owns poland, Bavaria, Burgundy, Pommerania), Milan (Owns Italy and Savoy), Sweden (owns skandinavia), Denmark, Prussia and Lithuania under PU, problem is, they still don't vote for my reforms :(

You probably have really high badboy. That pretty much cancels all the effects of high relations and other positive bonuses. Also, it seems funny that you would vote against yourself 9 times (Your PU nations). Are you sure they are even HRE members?

My Infamy was never above 10 points, thats the strange thing, at the moment I let it come down to 5% of my Cap. Not all of them are members, Just Prussia, Austria, Bohemia and Milan, it could be that denmark is in it as well but I am not sure, anyway, it's not consistent which of them votes for me and which not, it's rather strange.

Nations with more than 6 provinces are far more likely to vote against the Hofgericht.

Below is the factors deciding whether they say yes or no. The first section is factors making yes more likely, the second factors making no more likely. I am heading offline soon, so I thought I would event dive and find a possible solution to your problem.

Code:
option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA9061"
		ai_chance = { 
			factor = 10
			modifier = {
				factor = 2
				emperor = {
					dynasty = THIS
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 1.2
				emperor = {
					marriage_with = THIS
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 2
				emperor = {
					relation = { who = THIS value = 150 }
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 1.5
				emperor = {
					relation = { who = THIS value = 100}
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 2
				government = monarchy
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 2.5
				AND = {
					government = theocracy
					emperor = {
						religion = THIS
					}
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 1.5
				emperor = {
					NOT = {
						badboy = 0.1
					}
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 1.5
				emperor = {
					religion = THIS
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 4
				emperor = {
					overlord_of = THIS
				}
			}
		}
		set_country_flag = "hofgericht_yes"

}

Code:
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB9061"
		ai_chance = { 
			factor = 20
			modifier = {
				factor = 1.5
				emperor = {
					NOT = {
						relation = { who = THIS value = 0}
					}
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 2
				emperor = {
					NOT = {
						relation = { who = THIS value = 100}
					}
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 2
				emperor = {
					badboy = 0.5
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 1.5
				emperor = {
					badboy = 0.2
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 3
				emperor = {
					NOT = {
						religion = THIS
					}
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 100
				emperor = {
					war_with = THIS
				}
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 10
				num_of_cities = 6
			}
		}

Last edited:
events/HolyRomanEmpire.txt

If the Mitteleuropa blobs have started eating the GH before I get there, should I give up on my pseudo-WC? :)

Is it better to have one big COT or to make a new COT every chance you get? Does Mercantilism/Free Trade change this decision?

Every coastal COT gives you 0.1 Settlers per year extra, and boosts the province in which you build it. Of course, if you split your COTs too much you risk that another COT of yous is closed down instead.

If you are highly mercantilistic and you want to completely control the trade in your domain it's easier with one very valuabel COT of your own instead of having several smaller COTs.

OK, so I have Centralisation at 0 and Free Subjects at +1, how come I can't switch to Empire, for example?

It is it even really worth it to change govt type?
I always change to Empire. It's a big improvement over Feudal Monarchy.
For you to change governments, it has nothing to do with sliders. Most governments require Government Tech. Empire requires you to have 30 cities at least, be at peace and have positive stability (I think)

For you to change governments, it has nothing to do with sliders. Most governments require Government Tech. Empire requires you to have 30 cities at least, be at peace and have positive stability (I think)

Level 17 gov tech seems to be enough according to the chart linked to above? I just inherited the HRE so I have enough cities :p. I'm also at +3 stability/peace.

what does an increase in blockade efficency lead to ?, does it further reduce the amount of money made from provinces and further reduce population level etc?