• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah... So you dont get to control the country yet? Thats after inheriting... That was one of my main questions...

So basically just royal marriage everyone and it happens if your lucky, unless you do the war option... Do you get infamy for forcing a union?
You don't get infamy for forcing a union, and when you inherit a nation in your Culture Group you get core on all of its core provinces. This makes it a very powerful way to expand (and more or less essential as part of a sedentary-nation world conquest attempt).

What is the best way to construct armies? How many of each kind of force does an army need to be successful in any given duty?
Depends to some extent on your tech group, your available tech, and which expansion you're playing. Roughly speaking: If the number of cavalry in your army appears in red, you definitely need more infantry. Artillery is worthless in battle before about land tech 18 (and too expensive to be more useful than the same amount of infantry until about land tech 22). After land tech 18, you probably don't want more than four regiments of cavalry in each army even if the number isn't red. When assaulting forts, you need a big stack of infantry.

There's more to it than that, but those are the basics.

Do most mods work for the Mac version?
Almost all mods should work for the mac version AFAIK, since mods consist of graphics files and text files, not executable code :)

You don't get infamy for forcing a union, and when you inherit a nation in your Culture Group you get core on all of its core provinces. This makes it a very powerful way to expand (and more or less essential as part of a sedentary-nation world conquest attempt).

Ah thanks good info... Cheers...

Another question... I read around here about the auto rebel hunting feature? I have EU3 DW through Steam, but I cant find a button for this anywhere? As I said above I use "Brigades" of 3k Inf and 2k Cav for rebel hunting, would be awesome if I can put them on auto lol.

Ah thanks good info... Cheers...

Another question... I read around here about the auto rebel hunting feature? I have EU3 DW through Steam, but I cant find a button for this anywhere? As I said above I use "Brigades" of 3k Inf and 2k Cav for rebel hunting, would be awesome if I can put them on auto lol.
The feature was added in the 5.1 patch which Steam won't release for whatever reason they have :(

How to culture shift? Specifically, how can I culture shift Burgundy to Flemish? The first step is moving capital to Flemish zone, of course, but where do I go from there?
You have to have more provinces of Flemish culture than of any other single culture.

I'm playing in DW as Japan ? how to change the government form from feudal monarchy to something else ?
Do you mean you started the game as the one-province nation labelled "Japan"? I would advise that you not do that; Paradox should actually remove the ability to select them, since you can't actually do anything as them.

If you mean you started as one of the Daimyos and have unified Japan under your rule, you need to raise your Government tech if you want anything other than Despotic Monarchy or Feudal Monarchy..

Oh? I wonder why? Can I do it manually or is it impossible?
You can patch it manually. Just copy and paste your entire EU3 game folder in steamapps/common, run the launcher (eu3.exe) instead of starting the game directly (eu3game.exe). You can get the patch through the launcher, and you need to use the launcher to switch between mods anyway if you ever try any. You can add the launcher to steam as a non-steam game if you want to use the overlay and steam screenshots etc. The reason for not simply updating the steam copy of the game is that steam may downgrade it for you when it notices your version doesn't match theirs, and turning off auto-updates never seems to stick.

You have to have more provinces of Flemish culture than of any other single culture.

Do you mean you started the game as the one-province nation labelled "Japan"? I would advise that you not do that; Paradox should actually remove the ability to select them, since you can't actually do anything as them.

If you mean you started as one of the Daimyos and have unified Japan under your rule, you need to raise your Government tech if you want anything other than Despotic Monarchy or Feudal Monarchy..

As I started as Minamoto. more info about the raising gov. tech and how ?!

If you go to your economy screen, you'll find a set of sliders. One of them says Government, and has a number next to it. This number is your current government tech level. As it rises, you will get the opportunity to switch governments. At Govt. Tech 10 you should gain access to the "Noble Republic", for instance.

Oh? I wonder why? Can I do it manually or is it impossible?

Go to your EUIII folder (hidden in the Steam folder- under Apps, maybe?). Open the EUIII launcher. You should be able to download a patch: save that to your desktop. Then close the launcher, and run the patch. I have steam, and that's worked fine- the beta patches even worked when I did them that way (well, I had to download it from the forums, but you get what I mean).

Yeah all updated to 5.1 now... That rebel hunting feature is awesome... I building more Brigades now to ultilize it...

What other cool new features are in 5.1? I noticed there are heaps more map filters...

1- What is the fastest way ti gain cores on provinces ? 50 years is just to much

2- when A is allied with B and C ( me ) ? why do A breaks the alliance and joins B in a war against me ?

1. Events will give you cores, as can certain missions, but once a province is taken, you more or less have to wait the 50 years. The one exception being forming a new country (like Germany, Italy, etc.), which will often give you automatic cores. You can also form Personal Unions and inherit; as long as they are part of your Cultural group, you will inherit them as cores.

2. The AI will always honor an alliance for defensive reasons before one for offensive reasons.

A question of my own: if I diplo-annex an OPM on which I have a core, do I still take the infamy hit?

What roles do all the Christian religions fill? Reformed seems to work well for a trader/colonizer, I guess Protestant would be better for a continental power who either has a bunch of wealthy provinces or doesn't plan to colonize? Under what circumstance would you want to remain Catholic once the reformation hits?

What roles do all the Christian religions fill? Reformed seems to work well for a trader/colonizer, I guess Protestant would be better for a continental power who either has a bunch of wealthy provinces or doesn't plan to colonize? Under what circumstance would you want to remain Catholic once the reformation hits?

Catholics have a lower stability cost, increased colonist chance, more missionaries and more diplomats.