• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Q: Is there way to "release" a province? I got Crete as "baggage" when I annexed Venice. I would like to get rid of them. Any chance? Thanks so much!

You can create vassals via the nation overview [q].

^ I have no idea, it's really random.

What affects the chance of getting the "Annex vassal x" mission?

How to reduce War exhaustion !? :/

I'm playing as a Horde and I'm in a War every 2-3 years. There is also this freakin Rebels whom chance of revolt is raised by 20% i think ?!

War exhaustion simply makes the hordes unplayable :(

its not just Russian lands, but the whole map is Red " very low Supply limit " :/. its very frustrating. but thanks anyways

If you're passing through a province, the supply limit is 1x base, but if you're sieging it, it's 3x base (compared to 5x in provinces you own), so the attrition shouldn't be as bad once your troops get into position.

I'm playing as a Horde and I'm in a War every 2-3 years. There is also this freakin Rebels whom chance of revolt is raised by 20% i think ?!
Really? As a Horde, you get the peacetime WE reduction (-0.08/month) unless you're at war with another Horde, which you rarely should be. Make sure that you aren't keeping big stacks around during peacetime, since attrition increases your WE even when you're not at war.

What affects the chance of getting the "Annex vassal x" mission?

The code is:
Code:
generic_annex_vassal_mission = {

type = neighbor_provinces

allow = {
		this = { war = no }
		owner = {
			is_subject = yes
			vassal_of = THIS
			not = { num_of_cities = this }
			religion_group = this
		}
		not = { is_core = THIS }
	}
	abort = {
		owner = {
			or = {
				not = { religion_group = this }
				not = { num_of_cities = 1 }
				not = { vassal_of = this }
			}
		}
	}
	success = {
		owned_by = this
	}
	chance = {
		factor = 1
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
		this = { DIP = 6 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			this = { DIP = 8 }
		}
	}
	effect = {
		add_core = this
	}
}

So the only thing that affects it is a good DIP rating. You could look at the requirements for the other common missions and try to make them less likely (for example, "construct an army for our nation" won't fire if you're at 60% of your forcelimits) , so you're more likely to get this one

Last edited:
@pyroclastic

Another question, How to know which nations are the lucky ones when I pick Random laucky nations before I start a new game?

IIRC, the game tend to assign big nations to be lucky ones. There should always be 8 of them. When one becomes smaller, the game will assign another one.

My question:

How do I offer to change my religion in peal deal? I notice that sometime I have the option to surrender my religion but I don't know the condition. For example, how do I force convert or offer to change my religion from Buddhism to Christianity ?

IIRC, the game tend to assign big nations to be lucky ones. There should always be 8 of them. When one becomes smaller, the game will assign another one.

My question:

How do I offer to change my religion in peal deal? I notice that sometime I have the option to surrender my religion but I don't know the condition. For example, how do I force convert or offer to change my religion from Buddhism to Christianity ?

Yes I know how the lucky nations works !! but when I start a new game how to know which nations were picked to be the lucky ones ?! so I can avoid/ally them ect ...

I remember there's a way to have the little army size show up when you're zoomed further out than usual. However, I can't seem to find that trick anymore. It's a setting in some file, I remember that much, but changing the most likely candidate 'text_height' from 300 to 3000 didn't do nothing...

Yes I know how the lucky nations works !! but when I start a new game how to know which nations were picked to be the lucky ones ?! so I can avoid/ally them ect ...

At game start, check the log. It should show "XXX is Lucky", or something like that.

Quick question:

Is it worth to trigger the Expand the Bureaucracy event?

Tried to use the search engine, but it seems like it doesn't wont to be friends with me :(

It absolutely worth it. Sooner or later you would end up picking it so might as well pick it up earlier and use the surplus Magistrates to increase your culture and gain great people. Then you can sell those great people for around 15 ducats. Very useful in early game as a small nation.

My question:

1.How do I offer to change my religion in peal deal? I notice that sometime I have the option to surrender my religion but I don't know the condition. For example, how do I force convert or offer to change my religion from Buddhism to Christianity ?

2.How do I stop the event Woku pirate raid in South China sea and Gulf of Tokin ? Do I need to invade Korea ?

1.How do I offer to change my religion in peal deal? I notice that sometime I have the option to surrender my religion but I don't know the condition. For example, how do I force convert or offer to change my religion from Buddhism to Christianity?
You cannot force conversion from Buddhism to Christianity. You can only force conversion within a religion group. (From Buddhism to Shinto, from Catholic to Orthodox, from Shamanism to Animism etc.)

How long I can occupy enemy territory? Seems like game automatically accept white peace after some years of war?
Five years if there are no live sieges and no battles. Indefinitely if you're a settled nation and they're a horde, or if you can fight a battle (including squashing patriot rebels on their territory) at least once every five years.

You cannot force conversion from Buddhism to Christianity. You can only force conversion within a religion group. (From Buddhism to Shinto, from Catholic to Orthodox, from Shamanism to Animism etc.)

Well that sucks. I want the juicy juicy +1 colonist ability. I finish westernization about a hundred years ago yet still have not finish colonizing Asia. :(

What's about the Wouko Raid event in South China sea? How do I stop those damn invisible pirates?

Can I vassalize a republic? It says we need a royal marriage...really annoying.