• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you inherit during wars? The wiki says this is "unproven" for DW.

Some players have claimed that it has happned to them. I have not seen it personally. I think it would be a rare chance so this is why it's unproven.

Why would I choose this cultural decision:

looks like the worst decision ever...

If you have the money it's a no brainer. The money is also based on how much your income is. So for a country that isn't huge it would cost much less. But to trade 8 RR and a missionary for that much tech is almost always a yes. Only time not to is if you have low stability or high WE that already drove up RR. Most of the time my RR for cored provinces is -10 so +8 still means zero chance.

If I do the tenures abolition act, does the modifier for it go away when I change away from a feudal monarchy? I'd really like to take those 3 slider moves it gives, but I don't know if I want -5% production efficiency forever

I'm suffering with decentralization :(

There is this Red arrow warning me not to go over it towards Centerlization, but when I even get close to it Noble rebels rise every where ?!? this is soooo anoyying

I'm playing as Japan btw

Second : Can spread my religon ? or convince a country or an ally to accept my religon

Last edited:
If I do the tenures abolition act, does the modifier for it go away when I change away from a feudal monarchy? I'd really like to take those 3 slider moves it gives, but I don't know if I want -5% production efficiency forever

It won't, no.

I'm suffering with decentralization :(

There is this Red arrow warning me not to go over it towards Centerlization, but when I even get close to it Noble rebels rise every where ?!? this is soooo anoyying

I'm playing as Japan btw

For every step you go beyond the arrow you get +1 Revolt Risk.

Every time you move towards centralisation you get an event that gives either -1 stability, or Rebels. I presume this is what happened.

I need some tips, I am playing as the Papal States and aiming for Kingdom of God so I need to conquer Italian provinces. At the north there are HRE nations, which means I can't declare war without them all ganging out on me, at south I have an huge Naples which I can't defeat.

How do someone does exactly get out of a situation like this, I have been stuck motionless for decades, without no room for expansion in Italy.

Playing as Taira, allied with Shogun Minamaoto. Fujiwara and the reject nation declared war on us, we have a 100% war score on Fujiwara and wiped out their navy/army, however we can only sue for 3 provinces. Why is this?

Soulstrider, there's a few things which might work.

Best would probably be increase your country size by adding regions until you can laugh in the face of the HRE armies.

Prior to that, sneakiness is required.

First, let's assume your Italian target has enemies of its own. It might want to conquer someone/regularly war dec someone. Ally with that someone so you can get into a defensive war with your Italian target. As your target is the aggressor, not you, the HRE will not be called in (probably at least). You win the war, annex your target, suck up the infamy cost.

Second sneaky plan, hope for a CB on someone else in the HRE in addition to your target. Let's assume you're trying to annex HRE member Mantua, & have a Conquest CB on them. Let's assume you get an opportunistic CB (say a Border dispute, violated sphere, or whatever) on HRE member Venice, about whose territory you don't care a jot. What you could do is - on the same day - war dec first Venice then your real target of Mantua.

The AI can only ally against you in one war, the first one. So you'll find yourself in one war against Venice & probably the entire HRE, & in another against just Mantua. You make a WP asap against the alliance leader in the Venetian war (& to do this may be difficult, you may need to concede defeat if not careful), then after that happily trouce Mantua. In a situation like this, it would probably pay to mass your armies ready for the Venetian war, to make some initial rapid gain that will get you the WP before the massed ranks of the HRE descend on you.

Other than that, the other things to try would be to ally with the HRE leader & Milan yourself, get good relations with them, make powerful allies elsewhere, & just hope for the best when you war dec your target. Doing that in conjunction with sneaky plans A or B is probably a good idea anyway.

Also, if you do seize an HRE region, you might want to consider googling "Unlawful Imperial Territory" - if you're not in the HRE & take an HRE member, it's probably best to remove the region from the HRE asap using a magistrate, else you get a rather nasty regional event where the HRE demands the region back.

Last edited:
Oh, & Naples - try building a bigger fleet, luring the Neapolitan army across the strait into Sardinia by inciting revolt there, then war deccing them. You should be able to block the strait between Sardinia & Italy, so trapping the Neapolitan army, leaving Naples's Italian regions (their capital & Nat Focus) at your mercy.

Oh, & Naples - try building a bigger fleet, luring the Neapolitan army across the strait into Sardinia by inciting revolt there, then war deccing them. You should be able to block the strait between Sardinia & Italy, so trapping the Neapolitan army, leaving Naples's Italian regions (their capital & Nat Focus) at your mercy.
Sicily, you mean.

Is there anyone who can tell me the dates on certain historical events that might occur? Like the protestant uprising, american revolution etc etc. I know it (probably) is a bit random, but ballpark it please :)
Is there even anything more "special" then protestantism and the american revolution?

Oh, and can I as Portugal form USA? Or is it only from ai rebels going berserk?

Well, as it did historically the reformation begins around late 1490 - early 1500. American revolution and Revolutionary france have a bunch other requirements.

Unfortunately, without mods no one can form USA. It's only a colonial revolter.