• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm Great Britain and I have most of North America. I have beat supressing a lot of rebels lately, will the US/Canada be formed regardless or is it possible to prevent it?

I'm Great Britain and I have most of North America. I have beat supressing a lot of rebels lately, will the US/Canada be formed regardless or is it possible to prevent it?

After a while, colonial nations will get cores on provinces. Whether they progress any further than that relies on if you can maintain control. They will only take your provinces if you let seperatist rebels go nuts and hold a bunch of your provinces. If another country that borders your colonies lets colonial seperatists run wild in their colonies for long enough, they may form and take some of their cored provinces from you as well, but this puts you in an immediate state of war with them where you can demand the provinces back from them for 0 infamy.

If you have a strong presence in your colonies with forts and armies then there's little chance of you losing anything to them.

I'm Byzantium and I'm trying to get Cyprus to flip to me with rebels. The problem is the rebels can't take the province, because it has a level 2 fort and there are 1919 rebels (they lost a few to Cyprus's army). I tried sponsoring rebels again, but they just fought each other and again got below the 2000 limit. Is there anything I can do besides declaring war and fighting France (sphere) and England (DotF)? Both times I used religious rebels.

I'm Byzantium and I'm trying to get Cyprus to flip to me with rebels. The problem is the rebels can't take the province, because it has a level 2 fort and there are 1919 rebels (they lost a few to Cyprus's army). I tried sponsoring rebels again, but they just fought each other and again got below the 2000 limit. Is there anything I can do besides declaring war and fighting France (sphere) and England (DotF)? Both times I used religious rebels.
Bribe defenders, after the rebels start sieging the province

After a while, colonial nations will get cores on provinces. Whether they progress any further than that relies on if you can maintain control. They will only take your provinces if you let seperatist rebels go nuts and hold a bunch of your provinces. If another country that borders your colonies lets colonial seperatists run wild in their colonies for long enough, they may form and take some of their cored provinces from you as well, but this puts you in an immediate state of war with them where you can demand the provinces back from them for 0 infamy.

If you have a strong presence in your colonies with forts and armies then there's little chance of you losing anything to them.

Sweet and cool. Great Britain will take over THE WORLD!

Is there a cheat code in the console system or elsewhere to force peace?
I'm trying out something ina game as korea, and I expanded a little too far west, now muscovy declared war on me and i dont' really feel like fighting them, I just wanna find out on some other stuff.
The game isn't gonna get achievements anyways for other reasons; so what's the best way out of this?

Is there a cheat code in the console system or elsewhere to force peace?
I'm trying out something ina game as korea, and I expanded a little too far west, now muscovy declared war on me and i dont' really feel like fighting them, I just wanna find out on some other stuff.
The game isn't gonna get achievements anyways for other reasons; so what's the best way out of this?
The way to do this with cheats is:

Pause the game, send a peace treaty to Muscovy. Use the console command 'tag MOS' to become Muscovy. Accept the peace treaty when it arrives. Use the console command 'tag KOR' to switch back to Korea.

ok Here is are they

1- Does infmay make revolts come up much more ?! MUCH !! i tried - 126 infmay and I got TENS of revolts every YEAR !!

2- Can I attack a province where the CoT is and take that province ? because other countries keep kicking me out of thier trading centers ?

3- Why can't I cede the Capital of the enemy ? and I think the natioanl foucse too ?!

4- how to build a new Cot and make it Big and Rich !?

5- Are Generals useful really ?!

6- I can't understand how other countries manage to have 40% PE and I got like 28% :( .. I'm doing my best

7- Why build Gallyes ?! I see the big ships work just fine

8- Is it me or you really can't have 0 inflation and have a decent Army/cash at the same time ?

9- Do spies really work !?

10 - Why should I be the defender of the faith !?

Lol .. I know .. I got a lil exicted :cool:

If you've got 126 infamy, you've been a really bad boy! The whole world hates you now; including your own people. Try not to go over the infamy limit (which should be around 20/30/40) to prevent these kind of things.. :p (hover your mouse over the infamy to see the limit)

I don't know how your empire looks like, but you may very well be screwed right now! :D

ok Here is are they

FIRST of all, Without generals you dont win a war, unless you are the BBB and has 10x everyone elses army size. HAVE GENERALS!

Second! If you are defender of faith, well that rpooves you love god and you wont go to hell :D naah but it boosts your army moral a little and its a cool title, but i tend not to do it because of trade and production tech penalty, but if you play like Castille, i tend to do it just because of RP stuff, GO CATHOLICISM!

Let me try

1- Does infmay make revolts come up much more ?! MUCH !! i tried - 126 infmay and I got TENS of revolts every YEAR !!

Yes, paradox warned you to go above the infamy limit in one of their loadings screens ;)

2- Can I attack a province where the CoT is and take that province ? because other countries keep kicking me out of thier trading centers ?

You can take it, but owning a COT does not neccessarily mean you will keep your merchants in it, as the compete chance oof your merchants is imprortant. And with 126 infamy your compete chance should be negative..

3- Why can't I cede the Capital of the enemy ? and I think the natioanl foucse too ?!

You can only if the capital is nor connected to the rest of the country, either by land or by sea. Also you can annex smaller countries right away (but I guess oyu know this...)

You can only build a COT in, or bordering yoput National focus. The richest COTs are usually located in the new world (America)

Yes!

6- I can't understand how other countries manage to have 40% PE and I got like 28% :( .. I'm doing my best

If you mean Production efficency- that depends mostly on your Technology and your advisors, also National ideas can influence it. But in your case I guess smaller nations have way better tech then you have.

galleys are cheaper and have a bonus fighting in shallow waters (I heard)

8- Is it me or you really can't have 0 inflation and have a decent Army/cash at the same time ?

It is you.
It is possible, but usually only in the later game.

Yes

It gives you a moral bonus. Hover your mouse over the icon to see the exact bonuses.
But it also increases your tech costs .. I never take it...

ok Here is are they

10. You get holy war casus belli for other religions with no need of becoming an empire or neighbouring an heathen .

7. Don't build them, they eventually sink. They give some bonus in Baltic region and in Mediterranean, may be build some for initial wars ie. as Sweden against Denmark or as Venetians against Ottomans, but try to build big ships whenever possible.

4. Other than being rich and big, you would want to make use of this richness. Go mercantile, conquer their land and conquer other CoTs and on the very day you sign peace deal, you can opt to destroy them. Your new provinces or your existing provinces trading there will transferred to your existing CoT.

2. Having an uncored CoT, if not changed, decreases your compete chances. So, they might keep kicking you out.

A few more details for H3mmod1990:

1) Never let your infamy go over the limit, which is probably about 30. Not 130. :)

2) Other countries keep kicking you out of trade centres because your base chance to out-compete them is 50%, but your infamy gives you a -126% penalty to that making your chance -76%. :rolleyes:

4) Building a new CoT costs 500 ducats and can only be done in national-focus provinces whose current centre of trade is valued at over 800.

5) If you outnumber the enemy, greatly out-tech them or are very skilled at fighting wars you can win without generals, but they make a big difference for smaller countries.

6) You basically have two choices in the game. Build a big army and rack up infamy as a conqueror; or stay peaceful, spend your income on merchants and province buildings, and become rich and high-tech. (And then you can send your hyper-advanced armies out to conquer the primitives later in the game...)

7) Galleys are much cheaper and get bonuses (+1 shock) in the Mediterranean and Baltic, but suffer heavy loses in combat. They can be useful in the early stage of the game when you can't afford a lot of big ships.

8) You can easily afford a large army without inflation if you stay at peace most of the time, only fight short wars and don't amass a lot of infamy, and have a good trade income.

9) I find them useful occasionally but not really a gamechanger. They're too expensive for the low success rates they usually have.

10) Free CB on anyone attacking a member of your religion group.

I'm playing as Golden Horde and beside making them pay tribute to me I have the possibility of making other countries my vasals.
Is there any reason I should vasal anybody as a horde (except maybe creating buffer states to have save borders)? I tried it with an OPM and it doesn't help me in wars, I can't call it to arms either.

Last edited: