• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
<snip> Also, with the search feature how do I search only the eu3 forum?

Use the "Search forum" box in the top right corner or click "Advanced Search" and select specific forums.

I have a question about the starting date 1789. I wanted to play "Revolutionary France" in order to get the achievement "Napoleon was not this good". But when I start as "revolutionary france" the country is still a Monarchy. I don't know how to start the revolution, and if I need to in order to complete the achiement. Does anyone have some info about this?

I have a question about the starting date 1789. I wanted to play "Revolutionary France" in order to get the achievement "Napoleon was not this good". But when I start as "revolutionary france" the country is still a Monarchy. I don't know how to start the revolution, and if I need to in order to complete the achiement. Does anyone have some info about this?

The idea is that you take the monarchy, avoid the revolution, and perform better than Napoleon did anyway.

There is an event that informs you that the king was executed, turning your government type into a revolutionary republic.

After the Storming of the Bastille, the king was kept as a powerless figurehead under a constitutional monarchy. Only during the Reign of Terror, when the royal family attempted to escape (1792), the king and his immediate family (the ones that didn't scurry away to Austria and England) were executed on the guillotine. This heralded in the 1st French Republic, under the National assembly, and later the Directorate, paving the way for Napoleons's rise from artillery lieutenant to 1st Consul and then Emperor of the French (1804).

Is it possible, in normal or hard mode, without using cheats, mods or exploits to conquer the whole of Europe? If so what is the most viable route to do so? I have attempted this several times, main problem i come up against is war exhaustion, infamy, cost of maintaining a large army and other nations expanding into colonies which makes things tricky.

Is it possible, in normal or hard mode, without using cheats, mods or exploits to conquer the whole of Europe? If so what is the most viable route to do so? I have attempted this several times, main problem i come up against is war exhaustion, infamy, cost of maintaining a large army and other nations expanding into colonies which makes things tricky.

There's AAR's that do so, even some youtube videos. A half dozen WC's also. If you form the HRE, you're pretty much there.

The first two colonisers will be Castille and Portugal, followed by England (which comes in third). If you manage to conquer these three you're pretty much safe from colonisers. If you start as France that shouldn't be much of a trouble. But make sure you take Burgundy and England off your back.

It's not too hard to do it through forming the HRE.

I have a question about paying tribute to nomads. Did a search on this subject, but found nothing specific, just indirect discussion of it.

Can someone confirm if a DoW on a horde you're paying tribute to is indeed the only way of ending the tribute? So far I have seen some posts saying this, but I'd just like to make sure. Would be annoying if so, but so be it.

I have a question about paying tribute to nomads. Did a search on this subject, but found nothing specific, just indirect discussion of it.

Can someone confirm if a DoW on a horde you're paying tribute to is indeed the only way of ending the tribute? So far I have seen some posts saying this, but I'd just like to make sure. Would be annoying if so, but so be it.

Yep. I mean, technically, bankruptcy might do it, if you're prepared to go that far, but unless you declare war on a horde (or somebody else wipes it out for you), you'll pay tribute the rest of the game.

Unam Sanctum, the other religious NI that gives a religious CB, and being narrowminded.

Does that help the heathen religions from spreading in the first place? Well I assume narrowminded does. I thought in 5.0 church attendance duty pretty much killed the reformation in your territories but it doesn't seem to be as effective in 5.1.

If Burgundy were to completely kick France off of Europe so that it only existed in its colonies and thus its colonies were called France, and then Burgundy were to go conquer that area so that it would display the overseas area as "Burgundian France", and THEN Burgundy were to enact the national decision to become France, would its overseas area be called French France?

If you can manage to no longer border them through rebels or another country colonizing them, you stop paying tribute. And if the horde manages to stop being a horde (revolutionary rebels or forming the Mughals) tribute stops.

If Burgundy were to completely kick France off of Europe so that it only existed in its colonies and thus its colonies were called France, and then Burgundy were to go conquer that area so that it would display the overseas area as "Burgundian France", and THEN Burgundy were to enact the national decision to become France, would its overseas area be called French France?

I wish. But "Provencal Inca" names happen when one country has a disconnected part and most of the provinces in that part are cores of another country. In your example, there'd just be French provinces with French cores, so you couldn't get a name like that.

I wish. But "Provencal Inca" names happen when one country has a disconnected part and most of the provinces in that part are cores of another country. In your example, there'd just be French provinces with French cores, so you couldn't get a name like that.
Oh I see. But then, I guess you could force Great Britain to release England as a free nation and then if they conquered some of each other's disconnected possessions you could have a British England and an English Britain?

How do you approach warfare with Le Blob?

The year is 1458, I'm playing as Austria, and the BBB is crawling ever closer. England got pretty much destroyed early game, and Burgundy has ceased to be a power of major concern (France is just chipping away at its provinces every few years now, without Burgundy putting up much of a fight).

What would be your startegy for the inevitable war to come? Should I ally with Castille or Aragon, thereby opening a second front? I have a ton of vassals in Germany and northern Italy, who will swing in behind me. I am also the emperor, so I guess I could recruit like crazy and try and go for all their stacks right from the start.

Should I wait for them to come onto me or should I invade them?

Sorry, there's a lot of questions there, but I really just wanna know how to win a war against big France. My other game experiences were with Burgundy and England, when I just walked over France from the beginning, while they weren't as powerful.