• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, I think so.
There will always be one foreign merchant in a CoT, so at 100% TE and optimal monopoly you get 95% of the value.

What do I do if Austria is 10 techs ahead of me and have an army twice the size of mine? Am I pretty much screwed in a war with them or will I ever catch up in tech with them?

What do I do if Austria is 10 techs ahead of me and have an army twice the size of mine? Am I pretty much screwed in a war with them or will I ever catch up in tech with them?
Who are you playing? (Oh, and register your game so we can more accurately advise you :) )

As you can see in the picture.. There's ONLY me in the CoT. No foreign merchants.
Huh.

Does anyone except you know that CoT exists? :)

in your opinion, is early "military modernization" worth the revolt risk of falling below the centralization limit of empire (+2 revolt risk) or do you wait till another government type is available ?

Ok I want to totally monopolize my COT's. Here is the problem. I get 7.5 merchants a year. For a single COT I own 6 slots and the other 14 are from other countries. I rush in 5 merchants and that creats 5 open seats (sometimes only 4). But before I can make more merchants (1 every 1.6 months) those open seats are taken over by other countries (sometimes the same ones I just kicked out). So what is the trick to own 100% of your COT? Do you have to embargo countries to do it? Is it that their compete chance is still high compared to my chance?

I'm not exactly sure how the open seat is handled. Do they have to compete with me or do they just take the open seat?

Ok I want to totally monopolize my COT's. Here is the problem. I get 7.5 merchants a year. For a single COT I own 6 slots and the other 14 are from other countries. I rush in 5 merchants and that creats 5 open seats (sometimes only 4). But before I can make more merchants (1 every 1.6 months) those open seats are taken over by other countries (sometimes the same ones I just kicked out). So what is the trick to own 100% of your COT? Do you have to embargo countries to do it? Is it that their compete chance is still high compared to my chance?

I'm not exactly sure how the open seat is handled. Do they have to compete with me or do they just take the open seat?

They have to break your monopoly first. The moment someone breaks your monopoly, everyone are free to stream in.. this means that you really need 90%+ compete chance in your CoT's to be able to maintain a perfect monopoly, and this is only really achievable if you are full mercantilism and own all the provinces in the CoT.

How do I demand annexation properly? My vassals are all rejecting. I even cheated (to test) and got 100 prestige, 0 infamy, 100 legit, +3 stability and they still rejected... How do I fix this problem? What am I doing wrong?

This has been happening in every game I've played.

How do I demand annexation properly? My vassals are all rejecting. I even cheated (to test) and got 100 prestige, 0 infamy, 100 legit, +3 stability and they still rejected... How do I fix this problem? What am I doing wrong?

This has been happening in every game I've played.

It also depends on your ruler's diplomatic score, and your size and power relative to them. Who are you, and who are they?