• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yup. That will keep happening until you get your Infamy below 125% of the limit.

Have a nice decade.

In my early days in the vanilla-version I had an infamy of over 500 in one game. Guess that's out of the question with these events.
Or I can just delete event 757 ofcourse. Thanks for that btw.

In my early days in the vanilla-version I had an infamy of over 500 in one game. Guess that's out of the question with these events.
Yes. It's wonderful; it means the Infamy limit is actually meaningful rather than just being a way for conquest-hungry maniacs to get everyone to declare war on them.

Yes. It's wonderful; it means the Infamy limit is actually meaningful rather than just being a way for conquest-hungry maniacs to get everyone to declare war on them.

I understand your point, but for me this game is all about WC's. Smaller goals like "form x nation" or "become a trade/colonial giant" just don't interest me. It's all about conquering for me, and in that regard those events are slightly annoying :D

I understand your point, but for me this game is all about WC's. Smaller goals like "form x nation" or "become a trade/colonial giant" just don't interest me. It's all about conquering for me, and in that regard those events are slightly annoying :D
You can still try and conquer the world - but it will be more challenging :)

ah thanks. I guess I will just ignore it then (since I would have to lose many provinces to do that). I recall having read that there is no other way to change your state religion to Christian. Do you know if this is right?
Somebody correct me if I am mistaken, but I think as a shamanist you have the option of offering to be force converted to Christianity by making peace with a Christian nation?

Also, two questions:

- is there any scenario where taking the Ecumenism/Humanist Tolerance NIs are worth it? It seems like getting Divine Supremacy and converting them would be the better choice every time.
- is it ever worth it to move the Land/Naval slider towards Land? I like the land bonuses it gives, but the rather hefty penalty to tariffs makes it seem like a bad choice in the late game, where even land powers can expect 'overseas' provinces.

Last edited:
Somebody correct me if I am mistaken, but I think as a shamanist you have the option of offering to be force converted to Christianity by making peace with a Christian nation?

Also, two questions:

- is there any scenario where taking the Ecumenism/Humanist Tolerance NIs are worth it? It seems like getting Divine Supremacy and converting them would be the better choice every time.
- is it ever worth it to move the Land/Naval slider towards Land? I like the land bonuses it gives, but the rather hefty penalty to tariffs makes it seem like a bad choice in the late game, where even land powers can expect 'overseas' provinces.

Can't speak to your shamanist question, but I'll take a stab at the other two :)

1) I can envision one -- you don't have the missionaries to convert your provinces, you've got a lot of different religions, and you don't conquer Mecca, Jerusalem, or (if applicable) Rome. Maybe for RP purposes. At the end of the day, though, I think you're right.

2) Personally, I've never found tariffs to be a sizable part of my economy; I think it's worth it.

is it normal that yesterday I started a new game as France and in November, 1399 I got the message that Portugal discovered Japan and the fow toggled from the shogunate capital? and the same occured (but with no messages this time) for Shawnee and the Iroqouis..

is it normal that yesterday I started a new game as France and in November, 1399 I got the message that Portugal discovered Japan and the fow toggled from the shogunate capital? and the same occured (but with no messages this time) for Shawnee and the Iroqouis..

Portugal usually does that, but delete your cache just in case.
is thing the player can do to improve the stats of their national leaders or is it just completely random whether you end up with a good or bad leader
It is random, although, in republics, there is a chance that your ruler ends up particularly adept, depending on the candidate you chose (bureaucratic, military, diplomatic) in the election event.

Do games play out more interestingly with lucky nations set to none or random?

Personal preference, I'd say. None leads to a relative balanced gameplay by the AI. Random leads to a few random AI blobs, that may provide more of a challenge.

Personally, I prefer the more balanced world of "none", but others like the extra whoomp lucky nations provide.

Personal preference, I'd say. None leads to a relative balanced gameplay by the AI. Random leads to a few random AI blobs, that may provide more of a challenge.

Personally, I prefer the more balanced world of "none", but others like the extra whoomp lucky nations provide.

I like the historical setting, because the game world is going to be so wonky anyway that it's good to see at least SOME history.

As owner of a CoT, that I have monopoly in. And I'm alone in it. Shouldn't I recieve 100% of the income then?

EU3_2.jpg

Can hordes claim and inherit one another?
They can certainly inherit each other; I've seen the Timmies inherit Chagatai.