• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
do you loose a certain amount of prestige when you claim a throne?

Prestige (I believe 20?) and legitimacy, in addition to a relations hit with all countries you've got an RM with.

another question: is there any penalty/risk to having lots of royal marriages? I'm playing an OPM trying to inherit, and i'm up to 42 royal marriages (how many relatives do i have?);
from what i can see of the system, ther's no reason not to marry everyone who's willing for relations and inheritance chances.

You lose 1 stability if you attack someone you have a RM with - not much of a problem for a OPM, but in general that's not a good thing.

You lose 1 stability if you attack someone you have a RM with - not much of a problem for a OPM, but in general that's not a good thing.

You will also get a -100 relations w/ everyone you have a RM w/ when you claim a throne.

I used a Reconquest CB because it said 0% infamy for Full Annexation, yet I want to annex said country I used the CB upon and I'm going to gain 8 infamy. What's that all about? Does that only work when they are the "leader" of the war?

I used a Reconquest CB because it said 0% infamy for Full Annexation, yet I want to annex said country I used the CB upon and I'm going to gain 8 infamy. What's that all about? Does that only work when they are the "leader" of the war?

You only get the CB on the country you declared the war on. Also, the Reconquest CB only works on cores -- if you annex a 3 province country with one core and Reconquest CB, you still get the Infamy for the two non-core provinces = 8.

Do +Production % and +Trade % buildings both boost the production income of a province? The former by producing more of its good, the latter by making that good worth more? As such, if one is inclined to invest in the production of a province, is it not also worth going down the trade line of improvements too?

Also, if another nation hold a monopoly in a CoT where I have seated merchants, do I still get the normal trade income from those merchants?

I've been in numerous wars, never knowing peace for about 10 years now. But despite having a WE of 0% I suddenly have these huge stacks of peasant/noble Rebels popping up because "the loyal subjects of city have long carried the enormous burden blabla. So much chance of x-regiments peasants/nobles popping up".

What's triggering this? How to prevent it from happening (not waging war is no option)?

So I vassalized two small countries, but I didn't realize they were also at war with another country. Now I'm stuck watching them get owned with no casus belli on the country that is owning them, as they aren't calling me to help. Is there any way for me to get a casus belli?

Last edited:
I've been in numerous wars, never knowing peace for about 10 years now. But despite having a WE of 0% I suddenly have these huge stacks of peasant/noble Rebels popping up because "the loyal subjects of city have long carried the enormous burden blabla. So much chance of x-regiments peasants/nobles popping up".

What's triggering this? How to prevent it from happening (not waging war is no option)?
That sounds like province event 757. How's your infamy?

That sounds like province event 757. How's your infamy?

Infamy is skyhigh. Was in a war with numerous OPM's, which I all annexed. After that every other bordering OPM DoWed me (~50 infamy so punitive wars) and all those rebels start popping up.

k3rbdj.jpg

It's getting out of control :D
Thank god they spawn without a general so they're pretty easy to kill, and some of them even managed to beat invaders! But still, so many 15-30k stacks is quite overwhelming.

Worst thing though is that all my good advisors keep leaving, inflation keeps rising due to events "can't cope with continuos wars" and stability keeps dropping.

Worst thing though is that all my good advisors keep leaving, inflation keeps rising due to events "can't cope with continuos wars" and stability keeps dropping.
Yup. That will keep happening until you get your Infamy below 125% of the limit.

Have a nice decade.

Hi, I'm currently playing a game as cherokee in order to get the achievement. I just got a province event called "christian influences". This will change the religion of one of my provinces to catholic. What is the advantage of this? As long as my state religion is shamanist won't this just give revolt risk without giving any benefit? Or will it eventually give me an event to change my state religion to christian?

ah thanks. I guess I will just ignore it then (since I would have to lose many provinces to do that). I recall having read that there is no other way to change your state religion to Christian. Do you know if this is right? (that would mean that I would be stuck with shamanist to the end? and that I would have zero colonists until the end, unless i pick the national idea for +1?)

So I vassalized two small countries, but I didn't realize they were also at war with another country. Now I'm stuck watching them get owned with no casus belli on the country that is owning them, as they aren't calling me to help. Is there any way for me to get a casus belli?

If you are allied with the two vassals you should have the alliance CB against the country attacking them.

If for whatever reason you are not allied with the two vassals, then send out an alliance offer to your vassals and you'll instantaneously be granted the alliance CB against the attacking country.