• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do I load troops on a boat. i have 1000 troops, and 6 transports in the port, how do i load them. Screenshot please.

How do I load troops on a boat. i have 1000 troops, and 6 transports in the port, how do i load them. Screenshot please.

I couldn't figure it out when I first started playing either. The transport can't be in the port it has to be moved to the sea province that is next to the place you are loading from. Once that is done click your unit then give it a move order to the sea province with the transport in it. sorry no screens :p

why cant it be loaded when it is in port, ?? doesnt make sense, thanks though

Ugh, my long war is still going on. I can't use the force destabilize bceaue the war score is only 3 or so; i have theri 10 or so provinces in africa; which they haven't had any control of for 22 years now; and they have most of the african coast blockaded (which is keeping the war score low); and fo course it's the british empire, so i'ts only a modest portion of their overall holdings.
I have stacks guarding all of the provinces since the garrisons reverted to size 0 due to the long occupation (22 years going by the +22 revolt risk for occupation duration).
I'm a few ahead of them in land tech now; and whenever they try to land a stack they get beaten back and/or slaughtered. So i unquestionably control the land, but can't beat them at sea.
There really should be a system where aftera certainh amount of time you just gain control of an occupied province; since you've had de facto control for so long, and most of the people living there would have been born while you were in control.
Maybe i'll just try to build a fleet big enough to take on britain; though i'm a looooong way from that; then land a doomstack in england to force them to comply.
Also gonna start wars elsewhere since i now have twice britain's army size, and alot more manpower; maybe eat some mamluks or something.

There really should be a system where aftera certainh amount of time you just gain control of an occupied province; since you've had de facto control for so long, and most of the people living there would have been born while you were in control.
There is, but it only kicks in if their war exhaustion reaches 15 and the warscore is at least 10% in your favour.

Regimental Camp are best built on bla. bla. and high tax provinces. The building itself doesnt increase tax or anything else than a boost in manpower. So why is it good to place it in a high tax province?

well, i think they need a new province defection event. All the garrisons in the provinces are at size 0; because after enough years of occupation you get such a huge minus to garrison growth that the garrison actually shrinks.
I may try to figure out how to make another province defection event.
I can imagine two human players, one as england the other as burgundy or france; the land power takes calais or gascogne; but the wooden wall keeps the war score from getting that different, and neither side is willing to budge; so they could spend literally hundreds of years at war; with gascogne being occupied for hundreds of years, without ever changing ownership.
I'll have to find the measuring term for occupation duration.

I'm looking for decissions/buildings/anything that gives me more magistrates. I'm in the year 1485 and I gain 1.45 yearly, which is not even close to enough magistrates I need to build stuff. Don't really like this addition I'm afraid.

well, i think they need a new province defection event. All the garrisons in the provinces are at size 0; because after enough years of occupation you get such a huge minus to garrison growth that the garrison actually shrinks.
I may try to figure out how to make another province defection event.
I can imagine two human players, one as england the other as burgundy or france; the land power takes calais or gascogne; but the wooden wall keeps the war score from getting that different, and neither side is willing to budge; so they could spend literally hundreds of years at war; with gascogne being occupied for hundreds of years, without ever changing ownership.
I'll have to find the measuring term for occupation duration.

It wasn't called the Hundred Year's War for nothing, my good friend.

Edit: Add more nations to your SOI to get more magistrates. Use 'Expand the Bureaucracy' in your capital.

Well, sure, if both human players are unreasonable morons who keep throwing away troops/ships to keep the war alive (wars end automatically after five years with no battles or sieges) and are willing to put up with half of Europe DoWing them every five years because they're (a) at war and (b) pinned to the WE cap (England by having an owned core occupied, the Franks by being blockaded).

How do hordes gain land? I'm guessing they have to occupy it for a certain amount of time, but does anyone know for how long?