• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, I just started playing and have some questions.
1) I play as England and have subjugated the Scots and Ireland, Orkney belongs to the Norwegians though. Norway is allied to the Danes. I waited for a fitting CB to come along, snatched Orkney and sunk everything that came my way. My warscore is only 7% nevertheless, so the Norwegians aren't going to cede the Orkenys to me. Do I have any other chance to get the Orkneys besides waging full scale war on Norway? I guess when I unite GB and gain core on the Orkneys I will be able to coax them away form Norway, is there any alternative?
2) To be able to unite GB I need to have core on some scottish provinces, is there any possibility to speed the procens of gaining cores up? I read about the Fabricate Claims spy action, is this advisable if I haven't used spies up to now? :D
3) How do I land troops that are in naval transport in an enemy province? In the war mentioned in question 1) I have tried to capture Island for the warscore, but I haven't been able to land my troops. It seems to be possible, the danes land in Ireland all the time :D

Thanks in advance!

1) I play as England and have subjugated the Scots and Ireland, Orkney belongs to the Norwegians though. Norway is allied to the Danes. I waited for a fitting CB to come along, snatched Orkney and sunk everything that came my way. My warscore is only 7% nevertheless, so the Norwegians aren't going to cede the Orkenys to me. Do I have any other chance to get the Orkneys besides waging full scale war on Norway? I guess when I unite GB and gain core on the Orkneys I will be able to coax them away form Norway, is there any alternative?
2) To be able to unite GB I need to have core on some scottish provinces, is there any possibility to speed the procens of gaining cores up? I read about the Fabricate Claims spy action, is this advisable if I haven't used spies up to now? :D
3) How do I land troops that are in naval transport in an enemy province? In the war mentioned in question 1) I have tried to capture Island for the warscore, but I haven't been able to land my troops. It seems to be possible, the danes land in Ireland all the time :D

Thanks in advance!

1) Easiest way would be to land troops in Norway, Denmark is most likely leader of a Personal Union with them, if so you might as well just go there instead since they will be the leader in the war.
2) No way to speed up cores, it takes 50 years unless you changed the settings at the start of the game. Fabricate Claims is a way to get a CB in order to force them into a Personal Union, if you went this route you would then need to keep good relations with them and hope that you inherited them once your leader dies.
3) When you select the navy, there will be an icon for your land troops to the right of the naval information, click on that, then right click on the province where you want to send them.

Take Island from Norway, only two province that should give you enought warscore.

As France, if I'm intent on Holy Warring/hordecolonizing my way through the East, is it worth flipping my capital to an Anatolian province (which has been culture-converted by Settlement Policy) once it cores, and saving the "carve bloody swathe across North Italy" part of the exercise until I adopt Absolute Monarchy?

As France, if I'm intent on Holy Warring/hordecolonizing my way through the East, is it worth flipping my capital to an Anatolian province (which has been culture-converted by Settlement Policy) once it cores, and saving the "carve bloody swathe across North Italy" part of the exercise until I adopt Absolute Monarchy?
If you have an Imperial government or certain ideas which basically give you a CB against ALL heathens, neighbours or not, you can go Holy Warring/horde colonizing all the way without neither of those.

If you have an Imperial government or certain ideas which basically give you a CB against ALL heathens, neighbours or not, you can go Holy Warring/horde colonizing all the way without neither of those.
I know - I used the Empire government to bootstrap the exercise, after all - but without carving a bloody swathe across North Italy and the Balkans, everything east of Mus/Erserum/Trebizond will be Distant Overseas if I leave my capital in Ile-de-France.

for WC which government type is better, republic or monarchs?
Monarchs, particularly Catholic ones. Go Empire, conquer the Muslims with Holy War, and when Holy War runs out go Absolute Monarchy for the Imperialism CB against the entire world. In between holy wars, look out for opportunities to force personal unions and let the big pile of Cardinals given by your huge Catholic empire help burn off your Infamy.

Oh, and if you can manage it, Renovatio Imperii helps too.

I know - I used the Empire government to bootstrap the exercise, after all - but without carving a bloody swathe across North Italy and the Balkans, everything east of Mus/Erserum/Trebizond will be Distant Overseas if I leave my capital in Ile-de-France.
I'm not sure if it is worth to change then - you'll be making your rather rich French provinces.... oh wait.... Anatolia, in-game, is an European province right?
I'd risk to say, yes, it's worth it. Have all of France and Asia (Russian plains, Siberia, etc). as mainland will be much better than having to keep a huge navy above force limits just to get maximum income from all those provinces.

I'm not sure if it is worth to change then - you'll be making your rather rich French provinces.... oh wait.... Anatolia, in-game, is an European province right?
Yes :) That's why I came up with the plan.

is there a way to force-claim provinces if you've been at war a long time? I'm songhai vs ai great Britain; the war is entering its' 15th or so year; they control the seas; but none of my provinces, and i control all the ones they have in north africa (which they have cores on). I've controled those provinces for about 13 years now; but they won't give up the provinces; and i can't take down more of their stuff; thoguh their war exhausiton has been climbing for quite awhile; and mine's been going down since they got into a few other wars (which they've mostly won), and haven't been fighting me much in awhile.
I'm playing 5.0 on steam

Offer them a peace you know they will refuse but still generous enough to hurt their stability(25% difference between the offer and the WS iirc). Eventually they'll be at -3 stab and rising WE and will give you what you want. This can take some time though.