• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would anyone be able to tell me how you deal with all the unlawful HRE territory you seem to automatically inherit when you become Emperor?

I don't really want any of these new lands, but I see I can't release them as vassals. Can't I get rid of them in some way?

You can try selling/giving them to neighboring countries, especially if they have a core on it.

If I have understood HRE-forming event correctly you'll become cultural union for germanic cultures. However, does that affect your primary culture in any way? I mean, if for example Spain IS the emperor and has colonised Americas before getting a new pretty flag. Will all those spanish colonists suddenly feel upset in their new Empire and pay less taxes? Actually, since Spain is cultural union itself, as far as I know, will this HRE have whatever primary culture Castille starts with and both spanish and germanic unions or just the germanic union, the latest one?

Additionally, PU -> inheritance within HRE gives cores in inherited lands, but does it also keep buildings intact? And what happens to buildings when one forms HRE?

I just started a new game as holland, and I got the event "claim on our rivals" very early. This gave me cores on Friesland, Utrecht and Gelre, making it a lot easier to form the netherlands.

My question is, what influences the chance for this event to trigger? I could only find one other topic about this event and there it was suggested that a leader with a diplomacy value would help. Is this true ? How can I find what modifies the chance of this event to trigger in the game files?

Thanks!

I just started a new game as holland, and I got the event "claim on our rivals" very early. This gave me cores on Friesland, Utrecht and Gelre, making it a lot easier to form the netherlands.

My question is, what influences the chance for this event to trigger? I could only find one other topic about this event and there it was suggested that a leader with a diplomacy value would help. Is this true ? How can I find what modifies the chance of this event to trigger in the game files?

Thanks!

Look for the event in the gamefiles, that should show you what triggers it. I think its random though

Will turning into Great Britain (as England, obviously) prevent the "Wooden Wall" achievement?
A quick look at it says that your tag has to be ENG, so I would assume that it does unless someone provides a counterexample of having done it after becoming GBR.

A quick look at it says that your tag has to be ENG, so I would assume that it does unless someone provides a counterexample of having done it after becoming GBR.

Wrong. You only need to start at 1399.10.14 and have ENG tag at some point during the game for the achievement to be valid. You can form HRE, GBR or any other nation with England and still get the achievement.
Infact I'm fairly certain don't even need to start as England. You could start as any nation, become England through conquest and culture switch and still get the achievement.

Look for the event in the gamefiles, that should show you what triggers it. I think its random though

I have tried to locate this event in the game files, but I'm not sure where to find it. I looked in the events folder and there are many files there. I searched through the major ones like 'RandomEvents' and 'RandomProvinceEvents', but I can not find it (I searched for the words 'rival', 'claim', etc). Can someone give me a tip where to look?

I have tried to locate this event in the game files, but I'm not sure where to find it. I looked in the events folder and there are many files there. I searched through the major ones like 'RandomEvents' and 'RandomProvinceEvents', but I can not find it (I searched for the words 'rival', 'claim', etc). Can someone give me a tip where to look?
MoreRandomEvents.txt, look for "id = 728".

The trigger is that you need to have a border with a rival country, and have a DIP of 6 or more. The MTTH is shortened with better monarch stats.

MoreRandomEvents.txt, look for "id = 728".

The trigger is that you need to have a border with a rival country, and have a DIP of 6 or more. The MTTH is shortened with better monarch stats.

Thanks! In my game files event 728 was located in the 'RandomEvents.txt' instead. But it says that the mean time to happen is 1 day. This can not be correct, or it should trigger very very often. Or am I reading it wrong?

------

mean_time_to_happen = {
days = 1

modifier = {
factor = 1.15
ADM = 7
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.15
ADM = 8
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.15
ADM = 9
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.15
MIL = 7
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.15
MIL = 8
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.15
MIL = 9
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.15
DIP = 7
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.15
DIP = 8
}
modifier = {
factor = 1.15
DIP = 9
}
}
-----

Thanks! In my game files event 728 was located in the 'RandomEvents.txt' instead. But it says that the mean time to happen is 1 day. This can not be correct, or it should trigger very very often. Or am I reading it wrong?
That is mystifying. As far as I know, MTTH of random events is never, ever measured in days, always in months. In particular, 728's unmodified MTTH should be 2000 months.

Just a couple of questions about the HRE:

(1) I have become the emperor as Burgundy, and passed the first set of reforms. Apart from the missions to liberate certain countries within the HRE, is there any other way of building Imperial authority points?

(2) If/when I pass the last reform what actually happens?

Getting re-elected, releasing new HRE vassals, and forcing religious unity also give IA.