• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As the Iroquois, is there any "easy" way to convert to a non pagan religion? Or do I need to foster a revolt in one of my provinces?

There's a very rare event that will do it for you. Otherwise you need to become an OPM who's only province isn't pagan, then go bankrupt. However it shouldn't really be an issue to be pagan since the AI no longer uses seize colony on provinces over 1000 population.

C58A0B676BEA5FD83A90B3FC68305E535E061319
I can't recruit generals or anything, highlighting the option just tells me I need 50 gold and some tradition. Am I making a noob mistake somewhere?

I can't recruit generals or anything, highlighting the option just tells me I need 50 gold and some tradition. Am I making a noob mistake somewhere?
Yes: You enabled either "historical leaders" or "event leaders". Don't do that - the first option will annoy you beyond endurance, the second is only usable with a mod.

What are the optimal conditions for increasing tech levels as fast as possible? I want to make a nation that isn't just ahead of everyone else, but is so far ahead of them that they should be embarassed for themselves. I know that it'll take a trading nation, so max free trade and plutocracy, max free subjects and innovation for research rates. I know that having more provinces increases the amount of research you need to hit the next level, but does that mean that one province is best? Should you get advisors to aid in trade, or research boosting advisors? Should you make monopolies in as many CoTs as you can, or try to maintain a couple of supermonopolies in the richest ones?

What are the optimal conditions for increasing tech levels as fast as possible? I want to make a nation that isn't just ahead of everyone else, but is so far ahead of them that they should be embarassed for themselves. I know that it'll take a trading nation, so max free trade and plutocracy, max free subjects and innovation for research rates. I know that having more provinces increases the amount of research you need to hit the next level, but does that mean that one province is best? Should you get advisors to aid in trade, or research boosting advisors? Should you make monopolies in as many CoTs as you can, or try to maintain a couple of supermonopolies in the richest ones?

A OPM Free Trade trading monster, with a ridiculously rich province. Holland is a TPM, but they're close. Just trade everywhere, and vassalise everything. You want to have as much income as possible, while still being as small as possible.

When you expend imperial authority for a reform vote, is the idea that countries will vote for you it if they like you? I've been stuck on the second reform for quite a while. Secondly, if so, what are common strategies for picking up imperial authority without pissing off a ton of countries through cascading wars? For instance, getting Bill of Rights NI let me get authority by releasing HRE princes, but it pissed so many people off that I lost the vote.

C58A0B676BEA5FD83A90B3FC68305E535E061319
Yes: You enabled either "historical leaders" or "event leaders". Don't do that - the first option will annoy you beyond endurance, the second is only usable with a mod.

I just checked and i had neither of these options on, Any help?

Countries A and B are at war with countries C and D. Countries A and C are the respective war leaders.

Country B annexes country C.

What happens to the war? Will country D become the war leader, with country A continuing to fight them?

Countries A and B are at war with countries C and D. Countries A and C are the respective war leaders.

What happens to the war? Will country D become the war leader, with country A continuing to fight them?

Is this even possible? MP?

As Sweden, after I diplo-annexed Norway, the "Adopt Imperial Administration" ND became availible, bar the immediate prestige gain and stability loss are there any other effects?

Last edited:

The war will end when peace (annexation) is made with C.

Your government type will change to Empire.
Which is pretty much the best government in the game for a military-expansionist country until Absolute Monarchy becomes available.